Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZT finely call out linebackers
Glad to see this finely. At least he realizes there is a problem there.

“One area where we need to step up is at linebacker. Someone needs to step up and be a leader there. We've been waiting on that and shuffling the lineup around waiting on someone to step up and be consistent and be a leader in that room. We're still waiting on that. That's the challenge for those guys in that room right now.”

First time he has identify a position. Next to Daltons benching. Usually just says just one player missed his job on one play. And it is not the same player or same play every time.

The only problem is lack of drive and talent at that position.

Let the winning begin. New Dey
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 11:06 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Glad to see this finely. At least he realizes there is a problem there.

“One area where we need to step up is at linebacker. Someone needs to step up and be a leader there. We've been waiting on that and shuffling the lineup around waiting on someone to step up and be consistent and be a leader in that room. We're still waiting on that. That's the challenge for those guys in that room right now.”

First time he has identify a position. Next to Daltons benching. Usually just says just one player missed his job on one play. And it is not the same player or same play every time.

Nice to see they know that’s a glaring weakness. I was honestly concerned they didn’t. Unfortunately, calling them out won’t help much. We flat out need better LB’s. I’m not sure Zim could even have these guys looking decent.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's great to call out terrible players for being terrible. Perhaps they should think about changing up the players.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 11:06 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Glad to see this finely. At least he realizes there is a problem there.

They been Shuffling the lineup around? The 2 LBers? What’s there to shuffle, one lines up left then switch sides the next game? Is yesterday the first game Pratt started. I thought it’s been Vigil and Brown all year till yesterday.
Reply/Quote
Need to call out the play caller.

Reply/Quote
We need to cut someone, bring up another LB so we have five then go to a 3 LB alignment. Put Brown in the middle and Pratt and Vigil on the sides. That would minimize the speed issues by reducing the insane amount of ground they are being asked to cover.
Reply/Quote
I’m glad to see Zac Taylor call out the linebackers; both of them.
Reply/Quote
I got news for you Zac...there's more than 1 area that's an issue. His statement is weak. 'Looking for a leader there.'

Ridiculous. He wasn't really calling them out. He dulled the edges of his statements.

This guy is a clueless coach. We're 0-9 and giving up a historic amount of rush yards...and we are LOOKING FOR A LEADER AT LB?
Reply/Quote
I remember watching Mike Zimmer tearing the linebackers a new posterior cavity at training camp. Those guys played lights out for him.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 11:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I got news for you Zac...there's more than 1 area that's an issue. His statement is weak. 'Looking for a leader there.'

Ridiculous. He wasn't really calling them out. He dulled the edges of his statements.

This guy is a clueless coach. We're 0-9 and giving up a historic amount of rush yards...and we are LOOKING FOR A LEADER AT LB?

Is he really clueless?  Or, is he just a victim of the Bengals poor General Management?  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is he really clueless?  Or, is he just a victim of the Bengals poor General Management?  

Both. It’s obvious Mike and Duke wanted a passive “yes man” coach and I’m starting to doubt Duke’s claim that Zac “nailed the interview.”
Reply/Quote
Zac goes out of his way to NOT call individual players out:

Was Pratt to blame for Ravens QB Lamar Jackson’s long touchdown run?

“There were a couple people with some negatives on that play. That play, in our eyes, should have been shut down immediately if we would have fit it correctly, and we didn’t. We had a lot of people miss tackles, but the play never should have happened. It should have been done very quickly, and it wasn’t. We just need to come out of the half and do our job. It should have been a one-to-three-yard gain, but instead it was a touchdown.”
Reply/Quote
Were defensive fits the problem?

“Yes.”

Did the fit issues come from the linebackers specifically?

“Yeah. Everybody just needs to do a better job. Linebackers, and everybody needs to fit their gaps and do their job.”
Reply/Quote
I first read this as ZT and Finley call out the linebackers.
Reply/Quote

First time he has identify a position.  Next to Daltons benching.  Usually just says just one player missed his job on one play.  And it is not the same player or same play every time.  

Let the winning begin.   New Dey

Everyone here knew the LBs were bad, everyone in the NFL knew our LBs were bad, everyone in the Bengals FO knew our LBs were bad, Zac must be spreading the blame for his or his chosen coaches very poor knowledge and decision in drafting a TE and QB and a bunch of RBs in wasted picks.
Reply/Quote
What Linebackers? Pratt is a LB in training, but the rest are missing tackles/assignments or making stops 10 yards down field that make even Caleb Miller angry.
Reply/Quote
Before I jump on the highway, I try to tell my Corolla that it’s a Mustang. It never seems to work.
Reply/Quote
I could go in there in lead all day Monday through Saturday, but come Sunday I would be a very poor linebacker because I have no talent. They have more talent than me, but if you're trying to get to the moon an airplane and a bicycle are really no different. And yes I just made that up.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 12:06 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is he really clueless?  Or, is he just a victim of the Bengals poor General Management?  

Mike Brown doesn't call for a 1 yard pass on 3rd and 10. Or to snap 3rd and 1 out of the shotgun.

While the Bengals management is inept...Taylor certainly hasn't proven capable.

We don't really know who calls the shots though. But, I do remember reading that Taylor evaluated last years roster...and the team retained Hart and Preston Brown...so I'm assuming that he didn't protest that...and was on board with retaining them.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2019, 01:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I first read this as ZT and Finley call out the linebackers.

I think Ryan Finally had some choice words as well. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote