Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZT is 5-2 in his last 7 games
(10-04-2021, 04:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I have crow to eat on Zac and the front office. I wanted us to hire Zac, but after 2 years of dreadful performance, I wanted Zac gone. While I do feel the FO has been too patient at times during the Mike Brown era, this is one instance where it seems patience will pay off.

I was also wrong on Lou. Our defense was Teryl Austin level bad over the last 2 years, but I guess that was a product of a massive rebuild.

This was our version of the Hue Jackson Browns. Only difference is, the Browns didn't keep Hue around long once they had the talent to win.

Second time i've read this today. I hate that saying almost...no, more...than "separation". Nobody is actually eating shit. You just say what you want and then easily cover it up with "eating crow", even though no one is going out and killing a bird and eating the damn nasty thing. Zero accountablility.

RantRantRantRant

This isn't directed at you Shake. Just an rant about that saying that keeps popping up on here all the time. Wink

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 02:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Is that how you buy stocks?  Don't look at trends or business analytics, just see that some companies have an average overall body of work?  

And please consider that the overall body of work includes building this roster and moving on from overpaid veterans, which is sure to sacrifice your record in the short term, but will help build a strong future.  

I have a guy for stocks. But I also tell him to avoid things like GameStop or Dogecoin.

Look - I'm as excited as anyone that it looks like the team has finally maybe turned a corner. I'm just not quite ready to get emotionally invested in it yet because the specter of 25.5 losses looms pretty god damn large.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 04:03 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I have a guy for stocks. But I also tell him to avoid things like GameStop or Dogecoin.

Look - I'm as excited as anyone that it looks like the team has finally maybe turned a corner. I'm just not quite ready to get emotionally invested in it yet because the specter of 25.5 losses looms pretty god damn large.

Yeah, I am cautiously optimistic that maybe they will be a winning team this year. That said, my brain does keep trying to remind me that the Bengals 3 wins came against 3 teams that are a combined 2-10 this year and Taylor is still a .264 winning % HC.

But hey, forget my brain, I am going to worry about that later and just enjoy the 3-1 and 1st in the division right now. Not a ton of cause to celebrate over the last few years so you enjoy it when there is some. Lol

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 04:03 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I have a guy for stocks. But I also tell him to avoid things like GameStop or Dogecoin.

Definitely understandable just have to take into account that Taylor inherited a terrible team in the trenches.

Not a coincidence we are starting to win once this has finally been upgraded on both sides of the ball.

(10-07-2021, 04:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yeah, I am cautiously optimistic that maybe they will be a winning team this year. That said, my brain does keep trying to remind me that the Bengals 3 wins came against 3 teams that are a combined 2-10 this year and Taylor is still a .264 winning % HC.

But hey, forget my brain, I am going to worry about that later and just enjoy the 3-1 and 1st in the division right now. Not a ton of cause to celebrate over the last few years so you enjoy it when there is some. Lol

Yeah, we can all go back to being negative nancy's if the train goes off the track. Just enjoy the here and now while we are 
actually looking like we are on the damn track for once.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 11:36 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on.  I absolutely love this team.  They may not be the most talented that we have ever seen here, but they have a relentless nature.  

As disappointed as I was about the defensive line looking flat against Jax in the first half, I felt stupid when it was pointed out that on a short week, they were coming off 79 snaps (!) against pitt in a physical game.  The fact they rose in the second half is pretty amazing.  

This Green Bay game will be a great test.  I feel like they are playing with house money and they have 10 days to rest and prepare.  

The fact that the offense seemed to kind of start really clicking in the second half gives me a lot of hope that they will continue rolling throughout the season.  

Idk man. I'd say this offense is more talented than the 2015 squad that everyone said was stacked.

Jamar Chase = AJ Green
Tee Higgins > Marvin Jones
Tyler Boyd > Mo Sanu
Joe Mixon > Jeremy Hill
Joe Burrow > Andy Dalton
Uzomah < Eifert

Defensively we've quietly stacked some very good players, but I still wouldn't say it tops 2015. But its getting there. This is a very talented team, IMO.

You're right about this Green Bay game though. We'll get a good idea of what this team is really capable of here. We need to beat the good teams, too. ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 02:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Second time i've read this today. I hate that saying almost...no, more...than "separation". Nobody is actually eating shit. You just say what you want and then easily cover it up with "eating crow", even though no one is going out and killing a bird and eating the damn nasty thing. Zero accountablility.

RantRantRantRant

This isn't directed at you Shake. Just an rant about that saying that keeps popping up on here all the time. Wink

I've secretly hated it as well, buddy. LOL

Btw, how do you know I didn't actually hunt down a crow and eat it? For all you know, I love Crow and have some every Thursday.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 09:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I've secretly hated it as well, buddy. LOL

Btw, how do you know I didn't actually hunt down a crow and eat it? For all you know, I love Crow and have some every Thursday.

Because nobody likes the taste of crow!!! Big Grin

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 10:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Because nobody likes the taste of crow!!! Big Grin

Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 10:18 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote:

Just doesn't have the same ring to it...

Reply/Quote

I get ya.  I just try to look at the positives, that's all.  And with back to back wins against pitt, and 5-2 in his last 7, I see ZT and his crew as more of an Ethereum than a DOGE.  They are here to stay.  Joe Burrow will have the pieces and they have a very young, aggressive defense for the first time in a long while.  
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 09:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk man. I'd say this offense is more talented than the 2015 squad that everyone said was stacked.

Jamar Chase = AJ Green
Tyler Boyd > Mo Sanu
Joe Mixon > Jeremy Hill
Joe Burrow > Andy Dalton
Uzomah < Eifert

Defensively we've quietly stacked some very good players, but I still wouldn't say it tops 2015. But its getting there. This is a very talented team, IMO.

You're right about this Green Bay game though. We'll get a good idea of what this team is really capable of here. We need to beat the good teams, too. ThumbsUp

I don't disagree with anything you said here.

I simply look at the defense and I don't see any gaping holes.  The LBs ALL are playing well....Wilson is a Pro Bowler (there, I said it), ADG is showing why we drafted him in year 2, and Pratt might be the most improved of the lot.  

Safeties?  Bates and Bell?  Not too many other tandems as good as these guys.

DTs?  Reader, Ogunjobi, Tupou, Hill with a rotational Sample?  Yes, please.  They may not have an Aaron Donald, but they have depth and are all relentless (there is that word again).  

Hendrickson and Hubbard may not have gaudy sack numbers, but their pressures are there and they are also stuffing the run.  This will pay huge dividends if you can force Baker and Jackson to pass the ball.

CB?  Shit.  Awuzie has played better CB than WJIII has in his career here except one year, and he cost half as much.  Waynes is at least on the field and shaking off the rust, and with me leading the "Eli Apple Fan Clubs" march, they have solid depth in Apple, Darius Phillips, and Jalen Davis.

They may not have the likes of a Myles Garrett, or some NFL star on defense, but they do have a lot of very solid, relentless guys that can stuff the run, cover, and rarely if ever get beat over the top.  
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2021, 09:37 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk man. I'd say this offense is more talented than the 2015 squad that everyone said was stacked.

Jamar Chase = AJ Green
Tyler Boyd > Mo Sanu
Joe Mixon > Jeremy Hill
Joe Burrow > Andy Dalton
Uzomah < Eifert

Nice seeing a positive post from you Shake. ThumbsUp

Good points. Lets see if Logan Wilson is the next Burfict without the problems as well.
Reply/Quote