Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZT was Tannehill's QB coach in Miami
[Image: uc1h89bynoc81.jpg]

Probably not too much of an edge but its something! 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
....and at Texas A&M.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zac is nothing but high quality.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
It's something. He knows his weaknesses. Sure he can outgrow some weaknesses, but I would say it's an advantage.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 10:44 PM)Takedown Wrote: It's something. He knows his weaknesses. Sure he can outgrow some weaknesses, but I would say it's an advantage.

Yeah, weird he coached him at Texas A&M as well. Small world Tongue
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 10:44 PM)Takedown Wrote: It's something. He knows his weaknesses. Sure he can outgrow some weaknesses, but I would say it's an advantage.

Zac doesn't have a clue what his weakness is.  If he did then he would have fixed it like the Titan coaches did.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zac doesn't have a clue what his weakness is.  If he did then he would have fixed it like the Titan coaches did.

Every player has weaknesses that they can't overcome.  Im sure ZT knows what those are for Tannehill. 

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Zac doesn't have a clue what his weakness is.  If he did then he would have fixed it like the Titan coaches did.

Tell us how he hurt you.

Reply/Quote

Fred. Stop.
Reply/Quote

Coaches spend alot of time figuring out what a Quarterback likes to do and what the dislike. They work on what's the QBs favorite plays and match different plays that are similar or complimentary. Zac Taylor spend alot of time with Ryan Tannehill and will know his tendencies.

This is only a small factor in a big scheme.

PS: No one mentioned Brian Callahan was Derek Carr's QB coach.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

I mean really Fred quit embarrassing yourself.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 10:44 PM)magikod Wrote: Yeah, weird he coached him at Texas A&M as well. Small world Tongue

He was a graduate assistant at Texas A&M. "Coached" seems like a strong term, but yeah. It is strange.

- - - - - - -

As for the OP, I don't think Taylor will know any secret weaknesses or anything.

Tannehill under Taylor: 61.9% Completion, 3.9% TD/2.4% INT, 6.9 YPA, 85.2 QB Rating
Tannehill after Taylor: 66.8% Completion, 5.7% TD/2.4% INT, 7.8 YPA, 99.0 QB Rating

That's not even really the same QB anymore. If I removed the names off those stat lines you wouldn't think "oh yeah, same guy".

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Zac is the one guy who looks worse with facial hair
Reply/Quote
A select few are trying too hard. Zac has history with Tanneyhill; it's an advantage.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
It’s an advantage but not an important one
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 10:20 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: [Image: uc1h89bynoc81.jpg]

Probably not too much of an edge but its something! 

Off topic, I feel like Zac should regrow his beard

Reply/Quote

Wow. Did he kill your best dog? What. Is. Up. With. This.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2022, 02:13 AM)SladeX Wrote: Wow. Did he kill your best dog? What. Is. Up. With. This.

I need someone good at photoshop to make that Wolverine meme (the one where he’s longingly looking at the framed picture) into a Fred missing Marvin version. LOL

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2022, 11:49 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He was a graduate assistant at Texas A&M. "Coached" seems like a strong term, but yeah. It is strange.

- - - - - - -

As for the OP, I don't think Taylor will know any secret weaknesses or anything.

Tannehill under Taylor: 61.9% Completion, 3.9% TD/2.4% INT, 6.9 YPA, 85.2 QB Rating
Tannehill after Taylor: 66.8% Completion, 5.7% TD/2.4% INT, 7.8 YPA, 99.0 QB Rating

That's not even really the same QB anymore. If I removed the names off those stat lines you wouldn't think "oh yeah, same guy".

It's almost like he went to a better team or something.... Hmm

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Lou Anarumo was on that staff too, and faced Tannehill in practice for 5 years.
Reply/Quote