Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac Draws Heat for Benching Gio for 1st fumble in 830 Carries
'You are the tone setter for your athletes, coaching staff, support staff, etc. They will take all their cues from you. The role of the head coach begins with setting a standard of competence.' - Bill Walsh
Reply/Quote
Fumbles are not "mistakes", they happen and will happen. Now, the butt fumble by Williams, not THAT is a preventable fumble.
Back to GIO, the players should bench the coach for losing to the cowboys since the FO wont fire SACK THE ZAC.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 10:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I have a huge problem with it. You aren’t a leader if you punish. Your a leader when you pick them up and move on. What if ZT was punished for every mistake he made? He would be in hell right now.

So you’re fine with MJ playing every game then? We’re a 2 win team and he wants to send that message to the team. He did it with AJ to.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 10:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: FFS it's a simple question. 

Do you have any evidence that Gio sustained any injury whatsoever, be it major or minor?  You're asking fellow board members to prove a negative, ie that an injury did not happen.  If that's you're chosen question, then I think it's logical to ask what you heard to suggest that he was held out for an injury.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 10:49 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: So you’re fine with MJ playing every game then? We’re a 2 win team and he wants to send that message to the team. He did it with AJ to.

AJ is not a leader. IMO, I think he milked us for a few years. Gio is not that guy.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 10:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: It’s illogical to punish your captain and best RB, but keep Williams in after he does the same.

Also Erickson fumbled, yet the next drive, he was receiving targets

Zac Taylor is a goof

I legit half-assed yelled at my tv when he was out there on that very next drive.

I don't want him playing WR anyway, unless we have no other option.  
Reply/Quote
It's coaching 101, when someone like Gio messes up, you give him another shot as soon as you're able. He's the kind of guy that would make up for it. I'm never on the "fire a coach" train, but I am right now. Zac is doing things that would get you fired in high school.
Reply/Quote
I noticed the Zac Taylor fan club isnt even.trying to defend him.in This thread.
Zac is making a complete fool of himself trying to.impersonate
A actual NFL head coach. When Burrow went down he was there
On the sidelines "rallying" his players. This roster thinks he is a complete joke of a HC.
Reply/Quote
He benched Williams as well. Not as long, but Perine was in after that and I was hoping for a third fumble.
Reply/Quote
When you realize that Adam Gase is 0-13, and still has 3 more wins than your head coach over the past 2 years.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
Gio wasnt benched, it was planned. For realz.

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:28 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Gio wasnt benched, it was planned. For realz.

It wasn’t even a rotation. Gio fumbled and barely saw the field again
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 10:01 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Eh...he's trying to scapegoat the players.

You don't bench guys for 1 mistake...when you leave guys like MJ keep playing.

The good news is he's ruining any positive political capital he had with the locker room.

True, however you can bench him for not being effective. Williams and Perine were both 10x more effective then Gio running the ball today. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 10:29 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I have a huge problem with it. You aren’t a leader if you punish. Your a leader when you pick them up and move on. What if ZT was punished for every mistake he made? He would be in hell right now.

That's the point. Zac doesnt know how to lead. He heard the criticism in the Elise Jesse article and is trying to fake accountability benching Gio and Adeneji. And Bullock for that matter.

If by some miracle Burrow can overcome the poor coaching and get us to the playoffs...we'd be outcoached severely by other teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 10:33 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: He made a mistake and sat him out for the half. I get he hasn’t had many issues at all with it, but he still made it and was held accountable for it. The MJ situation is the same thing but was f’in dumber because they keep going back to it when he actually sucks. Gio doesn’t of course but still I don’t have a huge problem with him doing that. They did the same with Williams but went back to him earlier was probably a bigger mistake IMO

That was Gios 1st fumble in like 7 years. You punish guys with actual problems.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:46 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That was Gios 1st fumble in like 7 years. You punish guys with actual problems.

Like imagine if Larry Fitzgerald fumbled and the coach benches him rest of first half, but Christian Kirk fumbles, and he stays in the game

It doesn’t make sense. You don’t make an example out of your veteran leader who never fumbles. Simple as.

This move has pushed me hard into the fire zac crowd. It just didn’t make sense
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:28 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Gio wasnt benched, it was planned. For realz.

Yeah...no way that was planned. William's legit got no carries for 2 years. Gio got yanked.

He's too gutless to admit in his press conference.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:50 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Like imagine if Larry Fitzgerald fumbled and the coach benches him rest of first half, but Christian Kirk fumbles, and he stays in the game

It doesn’t make sense. You don’t make an example out of your veteran leader who never fumbles. Simple as.

This move has pushed me hard into the fire zac crowd. It just didn’t make sense

Welcome to the fire Zac crowd! I've been on it since shortly after he was hired. It was lonely at first. Now most of the board is there!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Welcome to the fire Zac crowd! I've been on it since shortly after he was hired. It was lonely at first. Now most of the board is there!

Yea this move was egregious.

I whole heartedly agree with that Lance Mccallister tweet. Big tough guy Zac Taylor
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2020, 11:54 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yea this move was egregious.

I whole heartedly agree with that Lance Mccallister tweet. Big tough guy Zac Taylor

He's feeling the heat and is turning on the players.
Reply/Quote