Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor
As I did with Zampese a few years back, I will now sadly declare this hoping I am wrong.

Zac Taylor is not qualified to be a head football coach at the college level, let alone the NFL, he’s bad , awful awful hire. The only reason he is even in the NFL coaching circle is because he’s married to mike Sherman’s daughter , it’d be the equivalent to me marrying Greg Popovichs daughter and now all a sudden after failed experiences as an assistant I’m the head coach of the Atlanta Hawks because the owner is to cheap to actually hire a qualified candidate, then once I get the job to make things worse I hire my incompetent unqualified buddies as my assistants. After that once you think I couldn’t possibly get any worse I call plays after one year of experience doing so at the level below me while being ranked 110th. ZT has got to go sooner rather than later. If he proves me wrong, I will eat crow, but I just do not see it happening.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:42 PM)740Bengal Wrote: As I did with Zampese a few years back, I will now sadly declare this hoping I am wrong.

Zac Taylor is not qualified to be a head football coach at the college level, let alone the NFL, he’s bad , awful awful hire. The only reason he is even in the NFL coaching circle is because he’s married to mike Sherman’s daughter , it’d be the equivalent to me marrying Greg Popovichs daughter and now all a sudden after failed experiences as an assistant I’m the head coach of the Atlanta Hawks because the owner is to cheap to actually hire a qualified candidate, then once I get the job to make things worse I hire my incompetent unqualified buddies as my assistants. After that once you think I couldn’t possibly get any worse I call plays after one year of experience doing so at the level below me while being ranked 110th.  ZT has got to go sooner rather than later.  If he proves me wrong, I will eat crow, but I just do not see it happening.

You aren't wrong. You can only grade people based off what they have done and not on what they maybe might do some day down the road if all the stars align in the universe. This is why when I see people make statements like Ross might go somewhere else and become an All-Pro. No he won't. If he were an All-Pro caliber player then he'd at least have shown enough to be an consistent and reliable player in his first 4 years.

The same is true for ZT. If he were going to turn this team into a winner then surely the team would be showing some decent signs of it by now. Instead, even with a big free agent haul, they've continued to play worst than how Marvin got a lessor talented team to play. I'm not saying that Marvin is the answer, only that Marvin did better with less than ZT has done.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:52 PM)BengalChris Wrote: You aren't wrong. You can only grade people based off what they have done and not on what they maybe might do some day down the road if all the stars align in the universe. This is why when I see people make statements like Ross might go somewhere else and become an All-Pro. No he won't. If he were an All-Pro caliber player then he'd at least have shown enough to be an consistent and reliable player in his first 4 years.

The same is true for ZT. If he were going to turn this team into a winner then surely the team would be showing some decent signs of it by now. Instead, even with a big free agent haul, they've continued to play worst than how Marvin got a lessor talented team to play. I'm not saying that Marvin is the answer, only that Marvin did better with less than ZT has done.

Usually Marvin had a good gameplan. Only problem I ever had with Marvin was game management. Taylor is better than Marvin in the latter not even close with actual gameplan though.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:55 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Usually Marvin had a good gameplan. Only problem I ever had with Marvin was game management. Taylor is better than Marvin in the latter not even close with actual gameplan though.

Marvin had his pluses. However, he wasn't going to take the team to the promised land either and the fans finally figured that out.

Sadly, however, the Bengals didn't bring in an upgrade.

Reply/Quote
ZT hasnt showed any progress.. Stefanski in Cleveland has already won more games his first season than Zac has in his 1st and second season. A real offensive guru would be able to show progress. All we have seen from ZT are inconsistencies. A real offensive guru wouldnt have gotten beaten like a drum by the ravens with ZERO answer until the last drive of the game. Zac actually had the balls to say "We finally started to gain some momentum that last drive" ..he's almost like how Andy would make that gritting his teeth face after a missed throw like "damn i almost had it.. Its been 10 years and i still cant make those throws..ill get it one day" almost like how a rookie would do.. I was a supporter of ZT ..i like how he's into the game, but he never has a solid gameplan. He was a mediocre OC for the bearcats and the husband of the daughter of Mike Sherman. ZT is a hell of a talker, but he cant back it up. He hustled Mike Brown and Tobin big time.
Reply/Quote
If Taylor isn’t fires after this season, we will be in serious trouble
Reply/Quote
He’s supposed to be a Football savant prodigy type guy with a great mind, and maybe he is, but that doesn’t mean he is cut out for coaching.

I think he understands the Xs and Os but lacks the killer mentality to lead a group of men into battle. We need a coach who is respected by his players and a little bit feared by them as well. I just don’t think ZT is capable of that currently.
Reply/Quote
Looks like another “offensive genius” is realizing he’s not and is willing to change to save his job. Let’s hope Taylor sees this and does the same.

“I don’t think I’m ever opposed to trying to change things up,” Gase said. “I’d say everything’s on the table.”

“I’m considering everything, whatever can help us turn things in the right direction,” Gase said.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/10/12/adam-gase-open-to-relinquishing-playing-calling-duties/
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 02:42 PM)740Bengal Wrote: As I did with Zampese a few years back, I will now sadly declare this hoping I am wrong.

Zac Taylor is not qualified to be a head football coach at the college level, let alone the NFL, he’s bad , awful awful hire. The only reason he is even in the NFL coaching circle is because he’s married to mike Sherman’s daughter , it’d be the equivalent to me marrying Greg Popovichs daughter and now all a sudden after failed experiences as an assistant I’m the head coach of the Atlanta Hawks because the owner is to cheap to actually hire a qualified candidate, then once I get the job to make things worse I hire my incompetent unqualified buddies as my assistants. After that once you think I couldn’t possibly get any worse I call plays after one year of experience doing so at the level below me while being ranked 110th.  ZT has got to go sooner rather than later.  If he proves me wrong, I will eat crow, but I just do not see it happening.

This is the team who has a vice-president whose sole qualification is marrying Pumpkin.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 05:03 PM)michaelsean Wrote: This is the team who has a vice-president whose sole qualification is marrying Pumpkin.  

I mean, that happens a lot. The owner’s and Pumpkin’s sole qualification was being born.
Reply/Quote
I think it's perfectly reasonable to assume with the "right" personnel for his scheme, Talyor could be a decent OC. That breakdown from JT O'Sullivan showed some interesting nuances to the offensive schemes. It's just working against the teams they're playing, and I don't know how he can continue marching the team out there to face the pressure Burrow is getting week in and out without being more creative. But he's also obviously fairly limited with the OL playing like they are.

That said, I don't know that I'd say he's an incompetent coach because he's "likable" or because his play calling has been lousy. A HC is there to do a lot more. Saying he needs to get in guys' faces more is pure conjecture as far as a success rate. I've had bosses I'd do the work for the way they wanted because they were cruel if you didn't. And I've had bosses I'd go the extra mile for because they were good people who respected me and the work I was able to put out. NFL players aren't cattle that are herded and only guided by some gut instinct based on yelling. Look at how teams play for Pete Carroll.

What I do think is that ZT needs to give up OC duties completely so he can focus on managing the team and the game. Trying to take on too much never did anyone any favors. If he continues through this season calling plays and there's no improvement it shows his lack of being able to adapt, which goes so much further than whether he's friendly or angry.

And for what it's worth, everyone calling for Bienemy... He was my hope to come in last year, but I personally have zero confidence he'd do one ounce better than Taylor. He doesn't have any more experience and isn't playing with the same team here as in KC. To say "he couldn't be any worse"? Well, that was thrown around a lot for a number of years with ML, and now the same thing is being repeated. Don't make Cincinnati a carousel like Cleveland. Give it a chance to develop and see where it goes.
Reply/Quote
Here is what gets me with Zac. He is a horrible playcaller. Plain and simple. The Jags game threw even me off because there were some calls in there I would never have expected and I loved seeing that, but that is just one game. He just said in his presser today we have to protect Burrow including through playcalling.....well I didnt see that yesterday. I saw maybe a total of 5 plays yesterday that tried to negate the blitz, one of which was a quick seam route that went for about 12 yrds. Never saw it again. No quick slants, no TE screens, no rub routes, no bootlegs, NADA. Yesterday’s game was the first time in years i dont think they had a gameplan on offense. If they had one it evaporated at kickoff. Not only did nothing work the first half, there were no adjustments at half. None. The cherry on top was the decision to kick a FG at the end of the game, strictly to avoid a shutout. If Zac wants to keep HC spot, he realistically should give up his playcalling duties, because at this rate with the offense he will be out of here at season’s end.
Reply/Quote
He just don't know. He is in way over his head.
Reply/Quote
Zac is fine on game day. That's not the problem.

What I miss about Marvin the most is the guys that he brought in on his staff. That is where this team is horrible. Marvin always had a top tier assistant waiting in the wings somewhere. This load of feces that we have on staff now is 95% of the problem
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 07:07 PM)740Bengal Wrote: He just don't know.  He is in way over his head.

Yeah and who hired the staff?  Zac. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 07:13 PM)740Bengal Wrote: Yeah and who hired the staff?  Zac. 

Lou has been a bright spot best we have looked on D since 2015
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 07:11 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Zac is fine on game day.  That's not the problem.

What I miss about Marvin the most is the guys that he brought in on his staff.  That is where this team is horrible.  Marvin always had a top tier assistant waiting in the wings somewhere.  This load of feces that we have on staff now is 95% of the problem

Zac Taylor is anything but fine on game day. I saw him pass the ball 3 times in a row on the half yard line at the goal line. Including a fade. I watched him continuously try to block 7 pass rushers with 5 guys last week. I saw him make no adjustments to not get Burrow killed. He's an embarrassment. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 07:22 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Zac Taylor is anything but fine on game day. I saw him pass the ball 3 times in a row on the half yard line at the goal line. Including a fade. I watched him continuously try to block 7 pass rushers with 5 guys last week. I saw him make no adjustments to not get Burrow killed. He's an embarrassment. 

This or running from shotgun on 4th and 1 and refusing to call a QB sneak ever
Reply/Quote
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/ZF_nUm982vI/maxresdefault.jpg

Time to press the panic button yet? My main man Zack says no. It will turn around
Reply/Quote
https://gfycat.com/jitteryteemingkiskadee
Reply/Quote