Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor - 30 Losses as Bengals HC
(12-07-2021, 10:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: It's easier to win on fewer points when you have the best scoring defense in the league.
Even though Anarumo's defense has improved compared to the past two years, it's nowhere near as good as the Patriots defense.

I gotcha, I just think Belichick is the best at gameplanning and in game adjustments. Like, this dude doesn't wait until the half to adjust, he's adjusting on the same drive. I don't think we ever play like that lol. We are definitely adjusting at half, wouldn't it be nice to be a fly on the wall to see how that's actually happening.

Looks like Billy B has the same dog in him that Brady does. They were a pair.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:39 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I don't remember any of that, but that's because I never watch the pressers or any interviews really.

I think there's a lotta lying going on in the pressers, if ew believe it's the truth, Zac took responsibility for that loss. Even after that ,a lot of people are giving him slack. I think he might have taken responsibility for 1 loss out of the 30, who was to blame for the other 29? Lol.

It's like sending a group email to 10 TO recipients, nobody will respond. It's a team game, team win, team loss. Usually the coach takes the ding.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:38 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The boneheaded special teams returns have to fall on someone. There is math involved and it seems like the players aren't taught when to field, what to field, and when to return.

Well, they had Pooka Williams at KR, which I believe is his first time doing KR in the NFL.
Irwin only has returned 3 punts this year, 1 in this game.

They weren't using their normal returner, Darius Phillips.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: BB throwing the ball 3 times because of the weather and winning made me think of ZT. He would have tried to throw the ball all over the place and kick 50+ yard field goals.

We all knew the key to beating the chargers was running the ball like we did the prior two weeks, and yet, we came out pass heavy. They have the blueprint to win, they just won't stick to it for longer than a couple weeks.

(12-07-2021, 10:33 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: There are a ton of zac taylor backers out there, it's tough to argue with them.

Then you have Belichick who throws 3 passes total and wins 14-10, lol? Of course we can't expect our coach to be compared to the GOAT but there are things they could learn.

Bill Belichick comes from the Paul Brown coaching tree. I don’t know know many times you’ve seen Bill do interviews but he quotes from Paul Brown a lot.

While I don’t expect Zac Taylor to be the second coming of Belichick I certainly expect him to be a better game planner and play caller but after seeing Zac compile a 13-30-1 record I realize this is too big an ask.

Mac Jones threw THREE passes last night. The Patriots, a team with no defensive coordinator, held the potent Bills to TEN points.

There’s no magic here. There’s no voodoo. Bill Belichick takes what the defense gives him and he takes what the weather gives him too. The Chargers were all over Joe Burrow last weekend but the pass plays still got called. The Chargers’ secondary did a great job in coverage but the passes kept coming.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:33 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Mixon ran 19 times for only 54 yards. 2.84 YPC.
The run was overall ineffective against the Chargers.
I do wonder if it would have been fine if the Bengals had Reiff and Hopkins in though.

I was gonna say, I recalled *trying* to run the ball, but just not having much success with it.

They keep talking about communication issues during pressers, I'd imagine they're referring to the blocking calls without Hopkins in there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:36 AM)jj22 Wrote: It was ineffective against the Raiders too for 3 quarters but eventually broke open (because their run D was supposedly just as bad). Remember them boasting about that. Sticking to it. The dam breaking. All that coach speak.

Yes, but we weren't coming back from 24-0 against Vegas either. Turnovers are what lost us the game Sunday, no two ways about it. The run game was starting to gain a little traction when Mixon fumbled away the comeback. Context is key....

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:49 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Bill Belichick comes from the Paul Brown coaching tree.  I don’t know know many times you’ve seen Bill do interviews but he quotes from Paul Brown a lot.  

While I don’t expect Zac Taylor to be the second coming of Belichick I certainly expect him to be a better game planner and play caller but after seeing Zac compile a 13-30-1 record I realize this is too big an ask.  

Mac Jones threw THREE passes last night.  The Patriots, a team with no defensive coordinator, held the potent Bills to TEN points.

There’s no magic here.  There’s no voodoo.  Bill Belichick takes what the defense gives him and he takes what the weather gives him too.  The Chargers were all over Joe Burrow last weekend but the pass plays still got called.  The Chargers’ secondary did a great job in coverage but the passes kept coming.

I dunno Fan, I saw em getting torched a few times, but we dropped the ball(s) literally. Chase had his man burnt for six, but instead decided to just hand the ball to the defender. Uzomah let a sure conversion go straight through his hands, from what I saw, Tee Higgins absolutely owned his man most of the day, Boyd played well. 

I get it, everyone is down after the loss, but we can't lose objectivity in a witch hunt. We were running the ball and driving for a go ahead score after being down 24-0 when our RB had his fist fumble in around 300 carries. 

I don't have the stats in front of me, but I think Mixon toted it 19 or 20 times, Perine had a carry or two, Burrow had at least one rush, and he had 40 pass attempts. When you're playing catch up ball, I'd say that's a pretty good mix. Execution was poor, that can be blamed on the coaches for not having guys ready, but I thought the play calls weren't bad. Lou made adjustments, and the defense helped get us back in the game. Turnovers and drops were a huge reason we lost.....and untimely penalties that Reiff and Hopkins likely wouldn't have gotten.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 07:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He will not be able to achieve 20 regular season wins by the end of this season.

Considering the regular season is limited to 17 games for each team, I think you hit the nail on the head. However, he did make an ass-kicking out of the division bullies this season thus far.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 11:46 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Considering the regular season is limited to 17 games for each team, I think you hit the nail on the head. However, he did make an ass-kicking out of the division bullies this season thus far.

Indeed, but got his ass kicked by Cleveland. 

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 11:46 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Considering the regular season is limited to 17 games for each team, I think you hit the nail on the head. However, he did make an ass-kicking out of the division bullies this season thus far.

(12-07-2021, 11:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: Indeed, but got his ass kicked by Cleveland. 

Well, since Interceptor never specified which team did the ass-kicking... his statement is still valid.  :)

Zac, did indeed make the game with Cleveland an ass-kicking... with the Bengals on the receiving end of said kicking.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 11:48 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Indeed, but got his ass kicked by Cleveland. 

Two ass kickings by Cleveland in one season got Marvin Lewis canned.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:27 AM)jj22 Wrote: BB throwing the ball 3 times because of the weather and winning made me think of ZT. He would have tried to throw the ball all over the place and kick 50+ yard field goals.

We all knew the key to beating the chargers was running the ball like we did the prior two weeks, and yet, we came out pass heavy. They have the blueprint to win, they just won't stick to it for longer than a couple weeks.

Did you notice the line getting blown up and not run blocking for shit? They were down 24 also.. He went back to the run and what happened? Mixon Fumbled ,that's what happened...
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 11:54 AM)Tomkat Wrote: Well, since Interceptor never specified which team did the ass-kicking... his statement is still valid.  :)

Zac, did indeed make the game with Cleveland an ass-kicking... with the Bengals on the receiving end of said kicking.

Touche'......

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 11:59 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Two ass kickings by Cleveland in one season got Marvin Lewis canned.

It may get ol Zac canned too, we'll just have to see how it all plays out. 

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 11:48 AM)Wyche Wrote: Indeed, but got his ass kicked by Cleveland. 

I said bullies.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:08 PM)Interceptor Wrote: I said bullies.

Who are now bullying us since ol Baker showed up. Ninja

Nervous

I know what you meant, I just didn't want to seem homerish, lol.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 07:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With the loss to the Chargers yesterday, Taylor has hit 30 losses in his 3rd season with the team.
Obviously, the first two years contributed greatly to this metric, but it's going to take quite a number of future wins to approach .500 in his tenure (currently only 13 wins). He will not be able to achieve 20 regular season wins by the end of this season.

I still have hope that ZT pulls a winning season this year at least 9 wins and possible playoffs.  Burrow now is 9-12-1 and looks headed to a losing record after 2 seasons but a winning season and playoffs is most important at this point
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:44 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Well, they had Pooka Williams at KR, which I believe is his first time doing KR in the NFL.
Irwin only has returned 3 punts this year, 1 in this game.

They weren't using their normal returner, Darius Phillips.

Philips is worst than these guys...
Reply/Quote

The division opponents only really matter for the tiebreakers.
If you go undefeated outside the division but winless within the division, you'd go 11-6 and still likely win the division.
As such, the division record doesn't matter as much.

It'd be a different game if NFL operated where division winners were based just on division record and then tiebreaker based on overall record.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:11 PM)Tony Wrote: Philips is worst than these guys...

Debatable.

Phillips' season YPR for PR is 7.5.
Irwin had 1 PR for 5 yards on Sunday.

Phillips' season YPR for KR is 21.6.
Pooka had 3 KRs for 17.3 average.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote