Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor - 30 Losses as Bengals HC
Tiger

With this being year three of the rebuild under Zac. The guy has coached his team to a very respectable record currently and hold the five seed going down the stretch. Its up to him to get his team prepared to get four out of the next five in the win column. The team as its currently constructed is as talented as any team in the AFC. I believe defensively his team is solid enough if healthy to win in the playoffs. We know where the problem is offensively without mentioning it but consistency and health will go a long way in fixing it. When clicking on all cylinders the group is scary good! Its all in front of Zac now and I think he can pull it off but if not the narrative will continue unfortunately. 
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:49 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yes but he taught us all how to live, laugh, and love in that time.

That is what matters.

Handing out life lessons so we can be better Bengals fans.

I've spent more quality time with my kid the past two autumns... Thank you coach Taylor.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:36 AM)jj22 Wrote: It was ineffective against the Raiders too for 3 quarters but eventually broke open (because their run D was supposedly just as bad). Remember them boasting about that. Sticking to it. The dam breaking. All that coach speak.

[Image: Run-the-dang-ball.gif?resize=747%2C421&ssl=1]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 01:50 PM)Emeritus Wrote: Tiger

With this being year three of the rebuild under Zac. The guy has coached his team to a very respectable record currently and hold the five seed going down the stretch. Its up to him to get his team prepared to get four out of the next five in the win column. The team as its currently constructed is as talented as any team in the AFC. I believe defensively his team is solid enough if healthy to win in the playoffs. We know where the problem is offensively without mentioning it but consistency and health will go a long way in fixing it. When clicking on all cylinders the group is scary good! Its all in front of Zac now and I think he can pull it off but if not the narrative will continue unfortunately. 

A big difference between a middle-of-the-pack team and a really good team is consistency.
As you said, when it's clicking, it's good.
But you don't know what kind of Bengals team you're going to see out there.
I'm not the kind of person that is optimistic by nature, so I'm not predicting the Bengals get to double-digit wins and make the playoffs until it actually happens.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The division opponents only really matter for the tiebreakers.
If you go undefeated outside the division but winless within the division, you'd go 11-6 and still likely win the division.
As such, the division record doesn't matter as much.

It'd be a different game if NFL operated where division winners were based just on division record and then tiebreaker based on overall record.

Division games matter MORE than any other games.  There have been many cases of a team making the playoffs as a division champion when they did not have a good enough record to make it as a wildcard.

The fact that they are only 6 of the total 17 does not change the fact that "per game" they carry more weight than any others.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2021, 07:32 PM)ochocincos Wrote: With the loss to the Chargers yesterday, Taylor has hit 30 losses in his 3rd season with the team.
Obviously, the first two years contributed greatly to this metric, but it's going to take quite a number of future wins to approach .500 in his tenure (currently only 13 wins). He will not be able to achieve 20 regular season wins by the end of this season.

No one will care about his first two seasons if he has actually built a winner.  If he wins a playoff game this year or next he will probably still have a worse regular season record than Lewis, but fans will hold him in higher esteem.

I have spent as much time as anyone ripping on Taylor.  But if he wins I will praise him.  No one complained more than I did when we signed Adam Jones, but when he balled out for us I was one of his biggest supporters.  He still pulled some knucklehead shit when he was here, but he wasn't getting in fights with his own teammates or getting people shot like he did before.

But 12 games into his third season the book is still out on him.  From what I have seen so far from this 2021 team we could just as easily end up with a losing record as making the playoffs.  I would not bet anything on them winning any of our remaining games, but I would not bet against them either.
Reply/Quote
We need a playoff win from Zac for hope and to solidify he might be the coach this franchise needs. If no playoffs or even worse, no playoff win, then we know Zac needs to string together a nice 18 game winning streak to get over .500 for his career.  Wink

So maybe late 2022 or early 2023 we can say we have a 'winning' coach based on W/L percentage.

Zac's NewDey rebuild better have a big payout or his outcome is fated as one of the worst coaches to grace the franchise.

Also, this sweet bastard says, "Hi."

[Image: lUnRZFZeeAiNu7ry-KM7vON7Axn6VGmms3BHhg9C...h4CpogsWp9]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 01:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Debatable.

Phillips' season YPR for PR is 7.5.
Irwin had 1 PR for 5 yards on Sunday.

Phillips' season YPR for KR is 21.6.
Pooka had 3 KRs for 17.3 average.

That doesn't tell the whole story. . Phillips has been a liability in some of the bonehead choices he's made.. There's been a bunch of them too..
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 02:52 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: We need a playoff win from Zac for hope and to solidify he might be the coach this franchise needs. If no playoffs or even worse, no playoff win, then we know Zac needs to string together a nice 18 game winning streak to get over .500 for his career.  Wink

So maybe late 2022 or early 2023 we can say we have a 'winning' coach based on W/L percentage.

Zac's NewDey rebuild better have a big payout or his outcome is fated as one of the worst coaches to grace the franchise.

Also, this sweet bastard says, "Hi."

[Image: lUnRZFZeeAiNu7ry-KM7vON7Axn6VGmms3BHhg9C...h4CpogsWp9]

they still sell them shirts?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they still sell them shirts?

If yes, it totally has to become the official shirt of The Bengals Board.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 12:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The division opponents only really matter for the tiebreakers.
If you go undefeated outside the division but winless within the division, you'd go 11-6 and still likely win the division.
As such, the division record doesn't matter as much.

It'd be a different game if NFL operated where division winners were based just on division record and then tiebreaker based on overall record.

Lets look at a different way, since 40% of your schedule is division and the realize you are going to lose a few games out of 11 out of division especially with teams you don;t know as well since you don;t play them year to year, you are better to dominate your division to after a better change making playoffs.  Finally i gather complete against 3 team and win that division for home team advantage over a wild card
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 10:16 AM)PhilHos Wrote: How funny will this thread be if the Bengals go on to win the Super Bowl this season? LOL

Yeah, yeah, I know, it's more likely that scallops'll fly outta me pants but still ...

So, your saying there’s a chance?

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 08:11 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Lets look at a different way, since 40% of your schedule is division and the realize you are going to lose a few games out of 11 out of division especially with teams you don;t know as well since you don;t play them year to year, you are better to dominate your division to after a better change making playoffs.  Finally i gather complete against 3 team and win that division for home team advantage over a wild card

All I'm saying is you can go winless in your division and still win your division because because overall record is the first determining factor.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 05:57 PM)Tony Wrote: That doesn't tell the whole story. . Phillips has been a liability in some of the bonehead choices he's made.. There's been a bunch of them too..

Then we disagree on definition of "better."
If Player A makes some "boneheaded" choices but outproduces Player B, I still personally consider Player A better because I value production over who makes less boneheaded choices.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote