Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor: Bengals' wide receivers 'got bullied' in loss to Pats
It's not the receivers fault that every ball Andy Dalton passes is a contested jump ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 10:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Boyd and Taylor are having a bit of a tiff.

Here's a link to the article...but essentially Taylor blamed the WR's for the interceptions. Boyd was targeted on 2 of them...and he criticized the gameplan.

"Three of them were against man-to-man coverage, one-on-ones," Taylor said. "And we got bullied. We did. Guys could go compete, knock the ball down, go get a one-on-one [ball]."

In turn, Bengals receiver Tyler Boyd, who was targeted on two of those interceptions, was critical of the game plan and scheme against New England. Boyd, who finished with three catches for 26 yards, said the method of attack wasn't "top-notch" like it normally is. When asked to elaborate, Boyd was blunt.

"What did it look like out there?" Boyd said. "Did it look like anything was working?"

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28308433/zac-taylor-bengals-wide-receivers-got-bullied-loss-pats
The WR has not extended their arms strait out to catch the ball away from their body when defenders are behind them or came back to the ball to get it when the QB throws the ball late to them. So this lands in the coaches lap including Taylor you claim to be offensive mastermind but you cant coach a WR up to catch a ball properly. This issue is not new to this year tho its been going on around here for years the WR want to let the ball hit them in the chest and wrap their arms around it like small kids catch the ball.

That being said ZT can not call a game he either runs the ball too much or throws the ball too much no balanced game at all he has no feel for the game and will most likely never win more then 8 games in a year no matter who is playing for him.

Dalton deserves a lot of the blame for ball placement throwing the ball behind his  WR right into the arms of the defenders. But this is a poorly coached team and the record reflects it. If ZT is here next year he might want to watch his tongue cause Boyd is on the field playing for him while AJ is a bum on the bench. If ZT is here next year he will have to depend on Boyd as well as the other WR so he needs to bite his tongue and coach these guys up at least the ones that are willing to get off their ass and go out onto the field.
Reply/Quote
Watching the highlights Dalton could have thrown 3 more interceptions. The tipped ball that Mixon caught, the bad throw that Erickson batted away  and the bad throw Boyd batted away.

It's quite possible Dalton could have thrown 7 interceptions, so to say its the wide receivers fault is insane. It looks like Taylor is just grasping for straws trying to defend Dalton; Even he has joined the Dalton excuse train, which is sickening to see.

I'm just glad that the Giants won and but all but guaranteed us the first pick in the draft, which will obviously be used on Burrow.
If I win the lottery I'll spend half the money on alcohol, gambling and wild women. The other half I'll waste. 
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 11:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Here's the Pick 6:

Not sure what the WR could do to stop that.

Wow..Boyd made an OUTSTANDING effort to chase Gilmore down.. No wait.. He kind of just stood there and watched it.. I would have as well.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 05:23 AM)wolverine515151 Wrote: Watching the highlights Dalton could have thrown 3 more interceptions. The tipped ball that Mixon caught, the bad throw that Erickson batted away  and the bad throw Boyd batted away.

It's quite possible Dalton could have thrown 7 interceptions, so to say its the wide receivers fault is insane. It looks like Taylor is just grasping for straws trying to defend Dalton; Even he has joined the Dalton excuse train, which is sickening to see.

I'm just glad that the Giants won and but all but guaranteed us the first pick in the draft, which will obviously be used on Burrow.

Who needs Burrow when we have THE Andy Dalton? ~Mike Brown...and besides Mike has too much invested in Andy hair care products..

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:09 AM)samhain Wrote: We lack good o-linemen, too.  Cleveland brought in an embarrassment of playmakers for their young quarterback.  It's been all for nothing due to their garbage o-line play.  The Steelers are clawing their way into the playoffs without any of the usual suspects at skill positions on offense because of their o-line.

The Bengals need to get better players up front, too.

We ONLY need an Oline, LB's, TEs, Safety, WRs and a QB...oh...and a coaching staff. These can all be acquired via compensation picks when all our FAs leave.. ~Mike Brown

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 10:02 AM)grampahol Wrote: We ONLY need an Oline, LB's, TEs, Safety, WRs and a QB...oh...and a coaching staff. These can all be acquired via compensation picks when all our FAs leave.. ~Mike Brown

You're more accurate than you think.  In Mike Brown's mind, a Super Bowl is always five years away.  He'll never do enough to win right now.
Reply/Quote
The pick six by Gilmore was because Dalton made the decision pre snap to throw to Boyd, Dalton's eyes never come off Boyd from the snap and a guy like Gilmore is going to feast on that. Boyd's route wasn't great, rounded out at the top with little urgency to get on Gilmore's toes, but that ball should have gone to the opposite side slot and it was probably a first down. As to his ability to chase him down, there is 0 chance as Gilmore is running full speed ahead with momentum when he gets the ball where as Boyd's momentum was going away. Optics would have been better but he had no shot at getting him in a foot race there.
Reply/Quote
Well this season is over finally, all the losses can be put in the archives and get ready for the next season. Winning either the last 2 games don't prove anything, and definetly don't change nothing. Having the #1 pick hopefully brings us some changes in the game plans, and player adjustments. Its been awhile since the BENGALS are a force in the AFC NORTH, the RAVENS and the Steelers still control the #1 & 2 spot in the division.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:47 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Steelers just lost because they could only put up 10 points. They need playmakers...

And I’d credit their defense more than their OL.

Bills play good D too. Pitt oline is legit.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Every ball will be contested when you have receivers who cannot get separation.

Is it the personnel's abilities driving the playcalling or playcalling limiting the players abilities? That is the $64,000 question Since the separation issue isn't new, you have to figure that the player's ability or lack of is driving much of the playcalling.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:16 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Bills play good D too. Pitt oline is legit.

Not saying they aren’t, but it’s been their defense this year.

Their leading rusher only has 432 yds

Their leading receiver only has 694 yds

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not saying they aren’t, but it’s been their defense this year.

Their leading rusher only has 432 yds

Their leading receiver only has 694 yds

Injuries have had an effect on these numbers too. Conner missed time, as did Shit-Schuster. Agreed though, their defense has played well.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:06 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: This is the 2nd week in a row Taylor has thrown his players under the bus.

Can't throw Andy under the bus. The Dalton Gang would have a fit. But to be honest the ego of the QB has to be pampered even if he stinks. 
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:37 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Injuries have had an effect on these numbers too. Conner missed time, as did Shit-Schuster. Agreed though, their defense has played well.

Right...but the post I replied to was specifically talking about how well the Steelers have been doing without their usual playmakers, and I pointed out their offense actually hasn’t been that good. It takes more than a dominant OL to win, despite what many here think.

Hell, the Cowboys are only 7-7...

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 01:48 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Right...but the post I replied to was specifically talking about how well the Steelers have been doing without their usual playmakers, and I pointed out their offense actually hasn’t been that good. It takes more than a dominant OL to win, despite what many here think.

Hell, the Cowboys are only 7-7...

Agreed....you just have to at least be competent up front to have any sustainable success. Hell, even this team is playing a bit better with below average line play. That's an improvement from dumpster fire.

Reply/Quote
I can't believe we weren't challenging the single-high safety look by trying to take the top off with Ross. Clearly Taylor doesn't trust Dalton, Ross, or both.
Reply/Quote
I've pointed this out, and I will again. BB, and the Pats held the mighty Rams offense to three points in last year's SB. That same D held the Bengals to 13 yesterday. Then, the Cowboys thumped the Rams.

I think the league has caught on to the passing aspects of these similar offenses.

We ran effectively yesterday, and the Rams where running it pretty well of late. They got away from the run yesterday against Dallas because they were down big early. Ts, I think McVay's offense may be a short lived trisk in the league. The DBs seem to be in the WRs back pocket in both games.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2019, 11:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man...I agree that a healthy AJ would be great with Burrow, but what are the odds that we get 13+ games from Green?

I think a decision needs made on Eifert too. He was healthy this year, but he didn't look like his normal self.

Would they tag AJ? $17 million seems like A LOT...but they might like the 1 year deal aspect.

Eifert is finished.  The injuries have taken a toll on his game and he looks like a shadow of his former self out there.

The Bengals would be better off making Amari Cooper the highest paid WR in the league than tagging AJ for $18 mil.  The other issue is this is AJ's 9th year. He counts normally for comp picks this year, but maxes at a 5th if you tag him and let him walk after next year.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2019, 02:06 AM)BacknDaDey Wrote: This is the 2nd week in a row Taylor has thrown his players under the bus.

Taylor wants the team to stay together while losing, but it's really hard. He's even having trouble not assigning blame.
Reply/Quote