Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor Sticky Thread?
Hey all, I was just thinking about this and decided why not create my first thread (I think?). I remember we used to have an all things Andy Dalton thread where folks could just pile on all day all long about Andy sucking and blah blah blah. At what point do we approach critical mass to create one of those for ZT? I don't believe we ever did for ML, so perhaps there's a no-coach thought out there. I just thought it was an interesting idea and perhaps I could read non ZT hate sometimes. Thoughts?
Reply/Quote
More like Zac Taylor is STINKY thread, amitire?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:32 PM)Nately120 Wrote: More like Zac Taylor is STINKY thread, amitire?

That'd be fair!  I'm no wordsmith.    Wink
Reply/Quote
I think the hope for most people is that, in 3 weeks, we won't have to talk about Zac anymore.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:30 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Hey all, I was just thinking about this and decided why not create my first thread (I think?). I remember we used to have an all things Andy Dalton thread where folks could just pile on all day all long about Andy sucking and blah blah blah. At what point do we approach critical mass to create one of those for ZT? I don't believe we ever did for ML, so perhaps there's a no-coach thought out there. I just thought it was an interesting idea and perhaps I could read non ZT hate sometimes. Thoughts?

Difference is people actually liked Dalton...

Let Taylor take his medicine.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think the hope for most people is that, in 3 weeks, we won't have to talk about Zac anymore.  Ninja

I thought of the same thing, and nearly hit cancel.  After having just watched his press conference, I gotta say I don't think people are gonna be happy at the end of this season.  aka I think he's still here for 1 more year.  I very much think DC/OL coaches will be the rightful sacrificial lambs tho.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:34 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Difference is people actually liked Dalton...

Let Taylor take his medicine.

I'm unsure I agree with that.  You may have a short memory, but holy crap if you replaced "Andy Dalton" with "Zach Taylor" you'd come up with some eerily similar shtick.  

Likely to no surprise, I backed Dalton...... GASP!  I know.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:38 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I'm unsure I agree with that.  You may have a short memory, but holy crap if you replaced "Andy Dalton" with "Zach Taylor" you'd come up with some eerily similar shtick.  

My point was even people who were critical of Dalton’s play (like myself) liked and respected him as a person. Zac comes off as an arrogant snake oil salesman to most people. I actively dislike the guy.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:38 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I'm unsure I agree with that.  You may have a short memory, but holy crap if you replaced "Andy Dalton" with "Zach Taylor" you'd come up with some eerily similar shtick.  

I was a Dalton supporter too for most of his time here. Just thought we needed to change it up sand try something new, the same reason I wanted Marvin replaced after 16 seasons.

I've tried to support Zac early on, I really did. I tried looking for any reason to find positives with him, but as time has went on, I can't do it anymore. The guy just isn't an NFL head coach...not just here, but anywhere. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: My point was even people who were critical of Dalton’s play (like myself) liked and respected him as a person. Zac comes off as an arrogant snake oil salesman to most people. I actively dislike the guy.

Let me ask this.  So next year, we go 8-0, zac is saying pretty much the same things (that currently sound like an arrogant snake oil salesman).  What is your opinion of him, then?  Is he at that point been telling us that all along, knowing he'd do it and is amazing and smart?  Or would you still despise him?  Just interested in how deep this hate really runs.  
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:46 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Let me ask this.  So next year, we go 8-0, zac is saying pretty much the same things (that currently sound like an arrogant snake oil salesman).  What is your opinion of him, then?  Is he at that point been telling us that all along, knowing he'd do it and is amazing and smart?  Or would you still despise him?  Just interested in how deep this hate really runs.  

Is he putting Joe Burrow’s life in danger by having him throw 50x a game to achieve this 8-0 record?

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:46 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Let me ask this.  So next year, we go 8-0, zac is saying pretty much the same things (that currently sound like an arrogant snake oil salesman).  What is your opinion of him, then?  Is he at that point been telling us that all along, knowing he'd do it and is amazing and smart?  Or would you still despise him?  Just interested in how deep this hate really runs.  

This is like asking what if Marvin had won 7 playoff games instead of losing them...would his constant giggling and hand clapping still bother people? 

Winning truly does change things...perceptions, annoyances, dislikes, etc. Billy B, for example, can be a straight up asshole, but fans are OK with it because he's a winner. If he were losing all the time, it would be a different story.
Reply/Quote
To realize just how bad Zac has been...only 4 other coaches in the SB era have been allowed to finish their 2nd season with a record as bad as Zac's - 2 of them were expansion team coaches, another was Hue with the dumpster fire Browns, who was fired halfway through his 3rd season and Rick Kotite with the Jets, who wasn't given a 3rd season. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:51 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Is he putting Joe Burrow’s life in danger by having him throw 50x a game to achieve this 8-0 record?

Did he this year?  Before anyone goes nuts on me, all I mean is we see what it all looks like without Burrow.  If I were Burrow, I likely would've wanted it all on my shoulders as a rookie and not settled for less.  That may be why Burrow seems to support ZT, too.  We suspect the reason for Burrow throwing 50 times is because Zac told him to.  Heck, that might even be right.  But I just have this strange feeling that it wasn't.  

But I think that scenario was a damned if do/don't situation, because we'd all be picketing for not utilizing him enough too.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:59 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: To realize just how bad Zac has been...only 4 other coaches in the SB era have been allowed to finish their 2nd season with a record as bad as Zac's - 2 of them were expansion team coaches, another was Hue with the dumpster fire Browns, who was fired halfway through his 3rd season and Rick Kotite with the Jets, who wasn't given a 3rd season. 

But one aspect that I do think matters is the team that they fielded.  And I truly don't know if those teams fielded real bad teams or wasted potential across the board.  I'd argue that ZT started each year (OTA's) with a decent deck, but gosh he ran outta some Aces/Jokers/Face Cards.  

It's tough!  To me, it's tough.  
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:01 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Did he this year?  Before anyone goes nuts on me, all I mean is we see what it all looks like without Burrow.  If I were Burrow, I likely would've wanted it all on my shoulders as a rookie and not settled for less.  That may be why Burrow seems to support ZT, too.  We suspect the reason for Burrow throwing 50 times is because Zac told him to.  Heck, that might even be right.  But I just have this strange feeling that it wasn't.  

But I think that scenario was a damned if do/don't situation, because we'd all be picketing for not utilizing him enough too.

But even if that were the case (I don't think it was), Zac is the head coach. He has to be the adult in the room. It doesn't matter if Burrow wanted to throw it 40-50 times a game...it's Zac's responsibility to make sure that doesn't happen. Whether it was Zac's idea or Joe's - it was stupid to allow it either way.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:01 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Did he this year?  Before anyone goes nuts on me, all I mean is we see what it all looks like without Burrow.  If I were Burrow, I likely would've wanted it all on my shoulders as a rookie and not settled for less.  That may be why Burrow seems to support ZT, too.  We suspect the reason for Burrow throwing 50 times is because Zac told him to.  Heck, that might even be right.  But I just have this strange feeling that it wasn't.  

A young offensive genius shouldn’t need a rookie QB to throw it that much to barely keep him in games.

Reply/Quote
It’s absolutely mind boggling to me anyone is still supporting this guy. Makes you wonder...

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 06:05 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: But even if that were the case (and I don't think it was), Zac is the head coach. He has to be the adult in the room. It doesn't matter if Burrow wanted to throw it 40-50 times a game...it's Zac's responsibility to make sure that doesn't happen. Whether it was Zac's idea or Joe's - it was stupid to allow it either way.

And that's a completely fair argument that I understand and respect in hindsight.  But had the injury not occurred, and we won more games, would that have been an issue?  I dunno, it's hard to have strict convictions one way or the other with many things given that we're on the outside looking in.  I always appreciate everyone's differing views/outlooks on here, even if I don't agree.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 05:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think the hope for most people is that, in 3 weeks, we won't have to talk about Zac anymore.  Ninja

Was hoping that more than 3 weeks ago and here we still are lol...

(only reason not to fire zach right now is so you dont risk losing simmons by naming him interim hc)
Reply/Quote