Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac Taylor confidence level and expectations
(09-08-2021, 04:27 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Unless he wins a playoff game this year, I've got no confidence in him and have no reason to have confidence in him.

But if he can get that 30 year monkey off the team's back, I'll eat my words and give him all the respect he deserves.

Agreed, even if he gets 9 wins it doesn't even guarantee a Playoff spot, especially with a 17 game season. 

Probably won't make it. Make the Playoffs and get the monkey off is what needs to happen.
Reply/Quote
I have no confidence in him and I suspect we'll be in the market for a new coach come January.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 09:59 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I expect 6-8 wins.
I also think it will take around 4 games for the team to get comfortable together.
I also think the defense got overly hyped through the preseason games and will come back down to earth. I think this defense is in the 15-20 range when all is said and done, which would still be an improvement over last year.
I think the offense ends up also in the 15-20 range by season's end.

If the offense stays healthy and they're not north of 15th, that's a problem. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 08:37 PM)Big Boss Wrote: I have no confidence in him and I suspect we'll be in the market for a new coach come January.

My confidence level in ZT and Co. on a scale of 1-10 is like a 2.5

I hope he proves me wrong.
Reply/Quote
There was no basis to hiring him, and he’s lived up to that.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 08:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: If the offense stays healthy and they're not north of 15th, that's a problem. 

They need every OL to not miss time, otherwise the OL will decline to some extent.
Also, I don't have confidence that Taylor knows how to call offensive plays well enough to have a team near the Top 10.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I have zero confidence in him, especially after last year.
Show Me.
Please! I mean i really hope the team improves and he shows us what the BrainTrust saw in him all along.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 09:47 AM)ochocincos Wrote: They need every OL to not miss time, otherwise the OL will decline to some extent.
Also, I don't have confidence that Taylor knows how to call offensive plays well enough to have a team near the Top 10.

I think they can afford a nic here and there. They just can't stand the kind of injuries they've had for the last several years. 

I'm not worried about play calling. JB has enough control at the LoS that he can check into a better play than what was called. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 10:21 PM)michaelsean Wrote: There was no basis to hiring him, and he’s lived up to that.

Ida know man, Mike Brown has hired 5 head coaches and ZT is looking more like the 4 guys who were in over their heads and stunk rather than the 1 who wasn't and didn't.

Dave Shula......................................71 19 52 0 .268
Bruce Coslet....................................60 21 39 0 .350
Dick LeBeau....................................45 12 33 0 .267
Marvin Lewis...................................256 131 122 3 .518
Zac Taylor.......................................6 25 1 .203

4 out of 5 over the span of 30 years makes me think ZT may very well fit the kind of mold we shouldn't be looking to fill.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 12:16 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ida know man, Mike Brown has hired 5 head coaches and ZT is looking more like the 4 guys who were in over their heads and stunk rather than the 1 who wasn't and didn't.

Dave Shula......................................71 19 52 0 .268
Bruce Coslet....................................60 21 39 0 .350
Dick LeBeau....................................45 12 33 0 .267
Marvin Lewis...................................256 131 122 3 .518
Zac Taylor.......................................6 25 1 .203

4 out of 5 over the span of 30 years makes me think ZT may very well fit the kind of mold we shouldn't be looking to fill.

I just realized that in only his third year, it is impossible for him to be .500 after this year. That’s an incredible amount of dedication to race to the bottom of your list. Marvin is the outlier on the high end which is relatively easy. Imagine the inner fortitude needed to be an outlier on the low end. There is no room for error.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 05:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Make the Playoffs and get the monkey off is what needs to happen.

Exactly. I think making the playoffs might be Zac’s performance ceiling. Winning a playoff game? I don’t think so.
Reply/Quote
On the plus side for Zac, the Bengals may not wind up in the cellar in the AFCN this year.  At the rate the Ravens are going, 3/4 of their team is going to be on IR by week 6.  
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 10:36 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I just realized that in only his third year, it is impossible for him to be .500 after this year.  That’s an incredible amount of dedication to race to the bottom of your list. Marvin is the outlier on the high end which is relatively easy. Imagine the inner fortitude needed to be an outlier on the low end. There is no room for error.

Well, if ZT goes 17-0 and then we go into the playoffs as the 1st seed in the AFC and we win the SB then he will be 20-0 and then be 26-25-1....right?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 11:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well, if ZT goes 17-0 and then we go into the playoffs as the 1st seed in the AFC and we win the SB then he will be 20-0 and then be 26-25-1....right?

I was thinking regular season, but if he goes 20-0 I will concede that he should be given one more year to prove himself.

Reply/Quote