Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor has built an amazing culture
It is truly amazing the culture that this man has built. It took some time but man it is paying off and this man has truly connected with the city of Cincinnati. Way to go Zac!
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Definitely have to give him credit there.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
He’s now beaten Reid, Harbaugh, and Vrabel in the playoffs.

The debate is over. Dude is a good coach
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He certainly has. I think yesterday's game was a perfect example.

Marcus Peters just wanted to goon it up all game. The Ravens certainly came out 'chippy'. Harbaugh looked like he'd swallowed vomit all game, though he does always look like that. Spent all of 0.1 seconds shaking Zac's hand after the game.

The Bengals didn't stoop to it. We played the game and focused on ourselves. The contrast to the Steelers wild card game is insane, we are not your Bengals of old. ZT deserves a ton of credit for the locker room he's put together.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 03:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He’s now beaten Reid, Harbaugh, and Vrabel in the playoffs.

The debate is over. Dude is a good coach

Having met the 5 game minimum, Zac is tied for 1st in highest playoff coaching win percentage with .800

I’m paraphrasing here but Joe said last night that Zac isn’t a rah rah guy. But, somehow he always comes up with the right sentence or two that puts things into perspective just when they need it.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He has grown every year he has been here. His teams in how they play and represent the city make
Me proud to be from Cincinnati.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:11 AM)pally Wrote: Having met the 5 game minimum, Zac is tied for 1st in highest playoff coaching win percentage with .800

That’s incredible considering the 6 wins in his 1st 2 seasons. Of course this doesn’t happen without Burrow, but in 5 playoff games, the TEAM has played well enough to win and no game was carried by Burrow. That tells me what I need to know about this team.

All 5 games have been one score games too, and to finish those games in 4/5 is amazing work by the team. The ability to find ways to finish is impeccable right now.
Reply/Quote
And his game ball goes to the “Blind Pig”
https://twitter.com/ben_baby/status/1614860606548447232?s=46&t=Qre9hvFo-yEkco7he7vSmQ
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:01 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: And his game ball goes to the “Blind Pig”
https://twitter.com/ben_baby/status/1614860606548447232?s=46&t=Qre9hvFo-yEkco7he7vSmQ

Vonn Bell took one to Crowley's Irish Pub in Mt Adams.  Tyler Boyd took one to a yet unknown bar in OTR

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 06:48 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: He certainly has. I think yesterday's game was a perfect example.

Marcus Peters just wanted to goon it up all game. The Ravens certainly came out 'chippy'. Harbaugh looked like he'd swallowed vomit all game, though he does always look like that. Spent all of 0.1 seconds shaking Zac's hand after the game.

The Bengals didn't stoop to it. We played the game and focused on ourselves. The contrast to the Steelers wild card game is insane, we are not your Bengals of old. ZT deserves a ton of credit for the locker room he's put together.

Harbaugh is missing out Zac is a pretty nice guy if you just spend a little time to get to know him.

Mixon was ready to thump the guy that was laying on him and threw a forearm into Mixion's b*lls. Burrow was there bear hugging Mixon talking him down.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 10:30 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Harbaugh is missing out Zac is a pretty nice guy if you just spend a little time to get to know him.

Mixon was ready to thump the guy that was laying on him and threw a forearm into Mixion's b*lls. Burrow was there bear hugging Mixon talking him down.

Yes agreed, for any game-related complaints I've had for Zac in the past, I've never doubted he's a stand up dude. Maybe Harbaugh agrees, maybe not, but the hand shake was absolutely not a warm one.

Yeah Mixon was p*ssed and rightly so. But he listened to his teammates, and from what I can tell, he didn't let it affect him for the rest of the game. There are many previous Bengals who would've lost it after that. Mixon didn't, he returned to the game and kept at it. 
Reply/Quote
Got to credit the front office as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 09:27 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: That’s incredible considering the 6 wins in his 1st 2 seasons. Of course this doesn’t happen without Burrow, but in 5 playoff games, the TEAM has played well enough to win and no game was carried by Burrow. That tells me what I need to know about this team.

All 5 games have been one score games too, and to finish those games in 4/5 is amazing work by the team. The ability to find ways to finish is impeccable right now.
Anybody who objectively looks at the first 2 seasons can see why there were so few wins. The first year was the first year. Marvin's leftovers. The 2nd year almost the entire defense was on IR, we were signing d linemen off the couch. Zac is a blessing fir Cincinnati, and it's just pure stubborness that keeps some people from admitting it.
Reply/Quote
We are dead when Lou leaves. Cry
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:19 AM)Interceptor Wrote: We are dead when Lou leaves.  Cry

Hmmmm.... seems to me very few wanted Lou when Zac hired him. 
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Hmmmm.... seems to me very few wanted Lou when Zac hired him. 

Well, for me, it's 3 years to prove yourself, whoever they got. And those same people who didn't want the new coaches don't understand that a new coach usually inherits a team that he did not build, so there would be some growing pains of learning an entirely new system. It was destiny Zac sucked the first year (and I expected it to be the norm) and that put him in the pole position to get Joe Burrow. Then it remained to be seen what Zac could do with such a weapon.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:19 AM)Interceptor Wrote: We are dead when Lou leaves. Cry

The good thing is Zac has assembled a great staff despite being young and not having a lot of relationships. He also got such a late start. But the most important thing he’s gained a reputation for being dynamite to work for and the coaching culture he established. He’s obviously good at picking good coaches. And now everybody wants to coach under him.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:47 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Well, for me, it's 3 years to prove yourself, whoever they got. And those same people who didn't want the new coaches don't understand that a new coach usually inherits a team that he did not build, so there would be some growing pains of learning an entirely new system. It was destiny Zac sucked the first year (and I expected it to be the norm) and that put him in the pole position to get Joe Burrow. Then it remained to be seen what Zac could do with such a weapon.

The great thing about it is that like another player on the team I know who thinks this we are in a great spot with Zac

Joe Burrow completely unprompted: “My plan is to be here (in Cincinnati) my whole career. Hopefully Zac (Taylor) is here with me my whole career, too.”

‘Zac, to me, is the best Head Coach in the NFL.’

Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:19 AM)Interceptor Wrote: We are dead when Lou leaves.  Cry

The players made the plays that saved the game. They deserve credit.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2023, 11:16 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Anybody who objectively looks at the first 2 seasons can see why there were so few wins. The first year was the first year. Marvin's leftovers. The 2nd year almost the entire defense was on IR, we were signing d linemen off the couch. Zac is a blessing fir Cincinnati, and it's just pure stubborness that keeps some people from admitting it.

I think he was in over his head early. That 1st year had more talent than the record. And I think the players knew he was in over his head and didn't respect him so it compounded.

Then, the Bengals flipped over the roster.

Remember that expose too about the toxic communication too. I believe Lou was talked about in that as well as Turner.

I think these things drove the coaches to improve. They gameplan and scout opponents well. They do a bunch of things well.

Nothing wrong with failure fueling success. And most franchises see 1 or 2 years of failure and fire coaches. The Bengals stuck with these guys to let them figure it out.

I know that some will view this as negative, but it's not meant to be. People like to think that we all start out either good or bad at something and stay that way. But, it's not that simple. Guys like Kingsbury and Rhuke regressed. The Bengals staff progresses.

The Lions HC is doing it too.
Reply/Quote