Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor heads into Super Bowl with worst winning percentage ever for a head coach
Guess who is just behind him in the list?

Bill Walsh
Bill Belichick

Just saying......

https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-stuck-by-zac-taylor-when-he-was-6-25-1-now-theyre-in-the-super-bowl-171057484.html
Reply/Quote
You all know I was not a big fan of Taylor. But even I said he deserved another season after the way injuries tore up our roster last year.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 03:40 PM)Jugular Joe Wrote: Guess who is just behind him in the list?

Bill Walsh
Bill Belichick

Just saying......

https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-stuck-by-zac-taylor-when-he-was-6-25-1-now-theyre-in-the-super-bowl-171057484.html

And the biggest turnaround in NFL history. I’ve been trying to explain to FredToast the culture change was huge. He couldn’t see it.

Isaiah Prince “ “Coach Taylor just created an environment for us that we can be ourselves and grow and learn,” Prince said. “I'm very grateful and appreciative of the environment that we have here.”

Samaje Perine “I just think it’s a top-down thing, starting with the coaches,” Perine said. “They treat you like a professional … There’s no hierarchy. Everyone acts like we’re peers. And I feel like that’s the biggest thing.”

C J Uzomah “ "The culture in the locker room is huge. This isn't a job like, 'Oh, we're just going to work, play football. Go to these meetings.' We're the homies. We're brothers in there. We're grinding, having a good time talking to each other, chirping. When we chirp at practice it's not a knock. We're trying to make the other person better. That's the thing that is unique. Sometimes people take that personally and this year we're taking it as, maybe I'll just step up and do my job. The locker room and what the coaches have instilled in us is huge."

Joe Burrow “ “He knew exactly the vision that he expected to have for the team and the organization,” Burrow said of first meeting Taylor at the NFL Combine in 2020. “He had it really nailed down, understood what he wanted out of me as a quarterback and out of everybody else on the team and knew it was going to be a hard road. Just the way he talked, I understood that it just felt like it was fact, what he was saying.”

Zac Taylor “ “It certainly helps our culture when you add guys that have recently been playing for a championship,” Taylor said at the NFL football scouting combine in Indianapolis. “And obviously that’s where we intend to be very quickly.”

Tony Dungy "I was there Wednesday doing interviews in Cincinnati with Bengals players and coaches for our pregame show and I sensed it. I felt it," Dungy said on the Bengals Booth Podcast. "I felt the same thing four years ago when we had the Eagles. I was at the Eagles for four days and I said 'man, these guys. This is a different vibe. And I really came away impressed with Philadelphia and I had the same impression with these young men. All they talked about was Coach (Zac) Taylor and how he'd brought winners in, how he brought unselfish guys in and I'll tell you what, in that day I really, really felt in that day that there is a strong winning culture in Cincinnati."
Reply/Quote
After going 4-24, Taylor has gone 15-8. Time to quit living in the past, he's learned how to be a great coach.
Reply/Quote
...and Jimmy Johnson is right behind those two.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I found Ken Anderson's quote in that article very telling. I can recall acknowledging that the team always played hard and never quit, despite the losing, as a sign that Zac might just turn that corner. That never say die attitude has served them well this year.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
https://bengalsinsiders.com/game-articles/f/why-zac-taylor-could-become-one-of-the-greatest-bengals-coaches?blogcategory=Game+Analysis
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 03:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You all know I was not a big fan of Taylor.  But even I said he deserved another season after the way injuries tore up our roster last year.

I am in the same boat. He obviously still has his flaws (to be fair, who is perfect?), but it is hard to say anything negative right now. The guy wants to win and the players seem to love him.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2022, 04:09 PM)Wyche Wrote: I found Ken Anderson's quote in that article very telling. I can recall acknowledging that the team always played hard and never quit, despite the losing, as a sign that Zac might just turn that corner. That never say die attitude has served them well this year.

That was what frustrated me so much at the end of last season. Having fans on here saying the team needed to lose out and actually be excited about the team losing was just horrible. To be a winning team at some time, you just have to win games. There are no meaningless games in the NFL, the guys playing the game just want to win each week. Zac never gave up last season nor did the players and it 100% carried over into this year. The team has the right mindset and right attitude to overcome anything and bring home a title.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote