Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor is a bum
(11-16-2020, 05:00 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I thought once Lewis was gone it was on to the SB?

I'll counter your sarcasm with the notion that nobody expected that. What you'd like to see is--given the same players--he wins as many games or more than Marvin did his last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:57 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I honestly think Marvin Lewis himself could coach this group of players to playoff success.

Oh no.  I'm sorry for disagreeing so strongly and I respect you as a poster but no way.  Marvin Lewis made the postseason only twice with Carson Palmer.  He would have wasted Joe Burrow too.  Zac Taylor isn't the answer either but come on.  Marvin's teams were far more talented especially on defense when Mike Zimmer was here.
Reply/Quote
Zac was only hired because Sean Mcvay was successful with the Rams, and he was his QB coach. I always say no top tier head coach will come to Cincinnati. and work for Mike Brown, but now that Burrow is here some good HC might at least consider it as an option. Zac has only shown he was in over his head, and had no business getting the job. Just another bone head move by Brown and his front office.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:02 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Oh no.  I'm sorry for disagreeing so strongly and I respect you as a poster but no way.  Marvin Lewis made the postseason only twice with Carson Palmer.  He would have wasted Joe Burrow too.  Zac Taylor isn't the answer either but come on.  Marvin's teams were far more talented especially on defense when Mike Zimmer was here.

No. You're right. I maybe took it too far. My point is Marvin would have done better than Taylor. But I could see Marvin winning a couple of those playoff games if he had Burrow at QB. Maybe my faith in Burrow is too high, but I think he's an Andrew Luck type QB. I don't want to see him wasted like Luck.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:01 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I’ve been saying this for years.  This franchise died with PB.

This is the thirtieth year without a playoff win and, coincidentally, the thietieth year since Paul Brown died.  Cincinnati last won a playoff game in January 1991 and Paul passed away the following August. 

Let's recap 1991:  George H.W. Bush was president.  Gas was $1.12 per gallon.  The Soviet Union broke up.  Saddam Hussein occupied Kuwait.  The Pope was John Paul II.  The Cincinnati Bengals won a playoff game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:01 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I'll counter your sarcasm with the notion that nobody expected that. What you'd like to see is--given the same players--he wins as many games or more than Marvin did his last year.

I’m not a fan of an coach or player since 1991 with the exception of Sam Wyche and MB fired him.

I keep saying over and over and over again, it’s MB. PERIOD!

Ever since 2011, MANY here said, “Lewis and Dalton, Lewis and Dalton, Lewis and Dalton are keeping this team from the SB”

Well, they’re gone.

So NOW who’s fault is it?

‘STUCK IN THE 90s, AGAIN’
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: This is the thirtieth year without a playoff win and, coincidentally, the thietieth year since Paul Brown died.  Cincinnati last won a playoff game in January 1991 and Paul passed away the following August. 

Let's recap 1991:  George H.W. Bush was president.  Gas was $1.12 per gallon.  The Soviet Union broke up.  Saddam Hussein occupied Kuwait.  The Pope was John Paul II.  The Cincinnati Bengals won a playoff game. 

The prosecution rests.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 04:54 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I understand where you're coming from.

What if Taylor replaced Anarumo with a DC who has some HC experience?

Honestly Zac Taylor wouldn't be a terrible OC. But as HC he seems over his head. At that point you can't demote the guy. So I'd rather just see a new HC and he makes the necessary changes to his staff. 

We are an attractive team with Burrow at QB. But like I said, Zac can prove me wrong by winning 6 of the next 7.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:07 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: No. You're right. I maybe took it too far. My point is Marvin would have done better than Taylor. But I could see Marvin winning a couple of those playoff games if he had Burrow at QB. Maybe my faith in Burrow is too high, but I think he's an Andrew Luck type QB. I don't want to see him wasted like Luck.

I don't think so.  The Bengals' failures in the playoffs were a team effort; a combined symphony of incompetence between players and coaches.  Remember the closest the Bengals came to winning a playoff game in the Marvin Lewis years was the infamous game against the Steelers in January 2016.  Who was the quarterback?  AJ McCarron.  I can't put the sole blame of playoff losses on Andy Dalton and Carson Palmer.  Did they poop the bed in the playoffs?  Yes, but so did the rest of the team.

My issue isn't Joe Burrow. On most any other team he would be a winner but not here.  It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:13 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Honestly Zac Taylor wouldn't be a terrible OC.

Zac Taylor was the offensive coordinator at the University of Cincinnati.  He was horrendous.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I don't think so.  The Bengals' failures in the playoffs were a team effort; a combined symphony of incompetence between players and coaches.  Remember the closest the Bengals came to winning a playoff game in the Marvin Lewis years was the infamous game against the Steelers in January 2016.  Who was the quarterback?  AJ McCarron.  I can't put the sole blame of playoff losses on Andy Dalton and Carson Palmer.  Did they poop the bed in the playoffs?  Yes, but so did the rest of the team.

My issue isn't Joe Burrow. On most any other team he would be a winner but not here.  It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

Again, we come across paths. Not saying Burrow wasn’t the obvious choice in the draft, but many here acted like he was the ticket to the SB.

As FIK has pointed out too many coaches and players have come and gone since 1991, and the only constant is MB.

Yes, I know, I know, you can’t fire or trade owners, but they could trade Ross and Green and get ‘SOMETHING’ for them . . HOWEVER you still have MB making decisions so where does one go from here?
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:00 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Keep making excuses for the guy. His coaching let both the Ravens game and Steelers game get out of hand from the whistle. He needs to gameplan and strategize better. Know his opponent better. Prepare the players better. Coach better. Win games. Injuries happen all the time. I want to see Taylor actually out coach some teams.

2 turnovers in the first quarter isn’t exactly his fault. Tge team bring flat offensively however was
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:13 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Honestly Zac Taylor wouldn't be a terrible OC. But as HC he seems over his head. At that point you can't demote the guy. So I'd rather just see a new HC and he makes the necessary changes to his staff. 

We are an attractive team with Burrow at QB. But like I said, Zac can prove me wrong by winning 6 of the next 7.

That's not really what I was getting at.
I was basically saying bring in a a proven DC who also has experience as a HC who can help groom Zac, not necessarily have someone else actually be HC and demote Zac to OC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
ZT is a bum but he's in over his head. He's like Dougie Howser if the kid doctor was just a normal dumbass kid and not a super genius. In Over His Head Kid MD.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I don't think so.  The Bengals' failures in the playoffs were a team effort; a combined symphony of incompetence between players and coaches.  Remember the closest the Bengals came to winning a playoff game in the Marvin Lewis years was the infamous game against the Steelers in January 2016.  Who was the quarterback?  AJ McCarron.  I can't put the sole blame of playoff losses on Andy Dalton and Carson Palmer.  Did they poop the bed in the playoffs?  Yes, but so did the rest of the team.

Who do you think could succeed as a coach on this team? 

(11-16-2020, 05:16 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Zac Taylor was the offensive coordinator at the University of Cincinnati.  He was horrendous.

The offense is showing signs of getting better (last few weeks). However, Zac is still clueless when it comes to gameplanning against the Steelers/Ravens. I'm sure there are better OCs than Taylor that could be had.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's not really what I was getting at.
I was basically saying bring in a a proven DC who also has experience as a HC who can help groom Zac, not necessarily have someone else actually be HC and demote Zac to OC.

I hear you. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out I guess. But if they only split the remaining games, fire Zac. Shit or get off the pot. Wait. That's not the right saying. Put up or shut up? Whatever.. Win or go home.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:23 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: 2 turnovers in the first quarter isn’t exactly his fault. Tge team bring flat offensively however was

Yeah but the gameplan overall just didn't work. They only had balance on offense for one drive and looked unstoppable. But I think Burrow checked us into some different plays on that drive. The play calling isn't getting it done. He's not getting the players in the right mindset from the start--as witnessed by the nerves the special team showed. He's got to coach/prepare the players better so they know what to expect, and can counter it.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:48 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Who do you think could succeed as a coach on this team? 

Rex Ryan, Brian Billick, Urban Meyer, Vance Joseph, or Eric Bieniemy.
Reply/Quote
The biggest problem is not that we hired Doogie Taylor at HC; it's that we didn't protect him with experienced coordinators.

The Offensive coordinator we hired had 3 years experience as a QB coach and that's it; out side of "errand boy"

The Defensive coordinator we hired had 6 years experience as a DB coach.

It's OK to have a young coach, but you got to surround him with folks that know WTF they are doing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 05:00 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Keep making excuses for the guy. His coaching let both the Ravens game and Steelers game get out of hand from the whistle. He needs to gameplan and strategize better. Know his opponent better. Prepare the players better. Coach better. Win games. Injuries happen all the time. I want to see Taylor actually out coach some teams.

I was talking to Marvin Lewis earlier today... He said they have to do a better job on 3rd down.

Lord have mercy that was awful.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote