Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor is a bum
Last game ZT was the toast of the town. This week he's a bum. Bunch of basic bitches around here with no patience. ZT needs time, JB needs time. This is a rebuild. Quit your crying.

Reminds me of the scene in the God Father...

Reply/Quote
Y'all act like they didn't lose a lot of games when Paul Brown was around too... I know the man's a legend in the sport, but it's pretty much for before he got to Cincinnati... He blew the Bill Walsh thing, and sired Mike Brown.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
He’s what COVID would like if it was a football coach.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 09:25 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Last game ZT was the toast of the town. This week he's a bum. Bunch of basic bitches around here with no patience. ZT needs time, JB needs time. This is a rebuild. Quit your crying.

Reminds me of the scene in the God Father...

Wait, you used the term “basic bitches” and you were serious?

Basic bitches. Wow. That’s pathetic.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Crazy idea/thing to say, but the FO has a chance to fix this mistake and actually get what they thought they were getting in Taylor. Fire Taylor ASAP and when the season is over, go get Joe Brady. Instant chemistry with Burrow, he’d probably jump at the chance to be his coach again. He is the young offensive genius that the team wanted. He’s learned under Payton, excelled as a top college OC and is currently having a good first season in Carolina, learning under another great head coach.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 09:35 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Wait, you used the term “basic bitches” and you were serious?

Appropriate to the way dudes are acting.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 09:35 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Wait, you used the term “basic bitches” and you were serious?

Yeah, you shouldn’t talk like a high school girl and reference one of the best films of all time in the same post. It gives me mixed feelings.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 09:50 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Appropriate to the way dudes are acting.

Taylor is 4-20-1. He’s earned the criticism.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 09:40 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Crazy idea/thing to say, but the FO has a chance to fix this mistake and actually get what they thought they were getting in Taylor. Fire Taylor ASAP and when the season is over, go get Joe Brady. Instant chemistry with Burrow, he’d probably jump at the chance to be his coach again. He is the young offensive genius that the team wanted. He’s learned under Payton, excelled as a top college OC and is currently having a good first season in Carolina, learning under another great head coach.

Yes please.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 09:40 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Crazy idea/thing to say, but the FO has a chance to fix this mistake and actually get what they thought they were getting in Taylor. Fire Taylor ASAP and when the season is over, go get Joe Brady. Instant chemistry with Burrow, he’d probably jump at the chance to be his coach again. He is the young offensive genius that the team wanted. He’s learned under Payton, excelled as a top college OC and is currently having a good first season in Carolina, learning under another great head coach.

This wouldn't be bad. I agree this douche needs to be shown the door immediately (he should have after last year) but slow down on Joe Brady. See what's out there with an early start on the coaching search. I know a lot of folks love Eric Bienemy but he worries me a lot. Reid runs the offense and they have Mahomes to cover for their mistakes. He's very hard to judge.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:02 PM)cj1895 Wrote: This wouldn't be bad. I agree this douche needs to be shown the door immediately (he should have after last year) but slow down on Joe Brady. See what's out there with an early start on the coaching search. I know a lot of folks love Eric Bienemy but he worries me a lot. Reid runs the offense and they have Mahomes to cover for their mistakes. He's very hard to judge.

Andy Reid’s coaching tree is pretty good though. Maybe he’s just a good conveyor of his system?

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, you shouldn’t talk like a high school girl and reference one of the best films of all time in the same post. It gives me mixed feelings.

Word on the street is that high school girls have moved on to using the word "boomer". Regardless, a rose by another name.... my point stands tall and proud.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, you shouldn’t talk like a high school girl and reference one of the best films of all time in the same post. It gives me mixed feelings.

Wait....

High school girls and The Godfather gives you mixed feelings??

I'm.... I'm just going to slowly close this thread now and back away from the keyboard....  Ninja Ninja Ninja

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Makes perfect sense.... which is sadly why we probably won't do it.

Brady should have been hired to some role the moment they decided Burrow was the pick. If you are investing in a guy as the future of the franchise you have to do everything you can to make sure he is set up to succeed. This team failed to do that....yet again.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Taylor is 4-20-1. He’s earned the criticism.

I assume ZT's record has gotten so bad that we are out of examples of HC's who started off as badly as him and then had HOF careers.

Side note, if we extrapolate that ratio into a Marvin Lewis-length career here ZT would go 41-206-10!
Reply/Quote
It feels like ZT lives by the “fake it till you make it” mantra. Problem is, he is never gonna make it. It makes it so hard to watch when he is like “we’re building something here” and clearly there is no positive direction.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:29 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Makes perfect sense.... which is sadly why we probably won't do it.

Brady should have been hired to some role the moment they decided Burrow was the pick. If you are investing in a guy as the future of the franchise you have to do everything you can to make sure he is set up to succeed. This team failed to do that....yet again.

Pretty sure he already had the gig in Carolina by the time Burrow was drafted.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:39 PM)jason Wrote: Pretty sure he already had the gig in Carolina by the time Burrow was drafted.

He did, but the Bengals had also made up their mind on the pick long before Brady took the job. 

That was my point, you should have signed him the moment you knew that was going to be the pick, months before the draft and then you would have had a built in way to help him.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Taylor is 4-20-1. He’s earned the criticism.

Of course he does. But, he also inherited one of the worst built rosters in the NFL. He's also a very young coach with a rookie QB and no offseason. I think that Taylor criticism is warranted where it's warranted, but the listing of the ship from one side to the other from a win against a dominating very good team (ZT is good then, right?) and then a bad loss to one of the best teams in football (now he's a bum).... with a completely destroyed roster.... is a little over the top. It's cry baby stuff.

- If we include a virtually worthless AJ Green, I saw a stat where the Bengals were playing without something, like, $75 million of their salary cap yesterday due to injury. What coach can play a really good team like that along with a rookie QB and a bunch of coaches out, etc etc.? Like, they literally had position coaches driving back to Cincy yesterday because of COVID contact rules on top of the players being out. -

My expectations at this point are to keep Burrow upright and get on to next year. Why any fans get this worked up over a Bengals loss during a throw away "grow the rookie QB" year is nuts to me.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2020, 10:27 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Wait....

High school girls and The Godfather gives you mixed feelings??

I'm.... I'm just going to slowly close this thread now and back away from the keyboard....  Ninja Ninja Ninja

Well normally I’d rep him for referencing one of my favorite movies, but he said basic bitches so I couldn’t. Hence mixed feelings. Big Grin

Reply/Quote