Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor is the front runner to win coach of the year
Main reason I love it is because, if he does win and maybe even if he doesn't, coupled with us winning a playoff, it would attract quality free agents like CRAZY who want to play for a good coach with the amount of young talent we have!

I know the bottom line is money, but having a good coach that players like is also key.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 11:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: People think we're inconsistent, but really I think that's just a byproduct of their carpe diem attitude.

Marv played it safe. Afraid to lose. This team is going to put it all out there and trust their guys to bring it home. A team like that can get hot and win a championship with the right talent. Which we have.

I believe that type of attitude is infectious. I can see why guys like playing for Zac.

That's a good point, I'd never considered that. I'd say it's a combination of that, and the offense being rather young. The more and more reps these guys get, the better they'll be at executing the no risk it no biscuit.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The real big thing I give Taylor and the FO credit for is who they've taken in the 1st round each year since Taylor arrived.
Williams, Burrow, and Chase are huge reasons why the Bengals are where they're at this year.

Williams is PFF's 10th highest rated LT this season.
When you look at their rankings, he's 21st OT, but 11 of the guys ahead of him are RTs.

The LTs rated higher are:
Trent Williams
Tyron Smith
Jordan Mailata
Andrew Whitworth
Rashawn Slater
Kolton Miller
Elgton Jenkins (who had only been playing LT because of Bakhtiari being out and only 496 offensive snaps)
Andrew Thomas
Charles Leno

Burrow is PFF's top rated QB this season, and you can see that level of performance on the field. Team wouldn't more than 6 wins if the Bengals had Brandon Allen out there over Burrow.

Chase really is the difference maker, IMO. His big play ability is what really has gotten the Bengals some of these extra wins. Without him, this team probably has 2-3 fewer wins even if Burrow is QB.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
In several threads when I mentioned Taylor and his drafts, certain posters (and I really don't remember who it was and it doesn't matter) said "Well Burrow and Chase were no brainers" Well, they really weren't. Remember in 2020 how many people wanted us to take Chase Young or Justin Herbert? There was also a huge group wanting Tua. And in 2021, Chase wasn't the n brainer, because many wanted Sewell or Pitts. The decision made by the coaching staff and front office turned out to be the correct choices, but they could have easily gone with other players.
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 03:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  

Hilarious, exactly the way it is. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 03:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote:  

That's hilarious, and incidentally one of my favorite rides at Disney World.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals have seized scoring opportunities in the middle eight this season; the last four minutes of the first half and the first four minutes of the second half. During that span, the Bengals have a plus 49-point differential, good for second best in the AFC.

When you break it down even further, only the Bengals and Packers are in the top five in both points scored during the final two minutes of the first half (Cincinnati 63, Green Bay 69), and points scored during the first offensive possession of the second half (Cincinnati 53, Green Bay 72).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2022, 01:24 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: I'm hyper critical of Taylor.  And he needs to win a playoff game for me to fall in love at this point.  But if he wins a playoff game this year, build him a statue.  Give him a parade.  The man would be a hero. 

Same.

Just over a month ago I still wanted the Bengals to let Zac go.

With a playoff victory that all changes.
Reply/Quote
Is the voting on this after the seasons over?

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2022, 09:08 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Is the voting on this after the seasons over?

I believe it happens immediately after the regular season ends, but they wait to announce it since the NFL is good about ensuring the league is relevant throughout the year with news.
Reply/Quote