Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor moves to the big kids table at owners meeting
https://www.bengals.com/news/zac-taylor-moves-to-big-kids-table-as-nfl-coaches-meet-again
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 01:17 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/news/zac-taylor-moves-to-big-kids-table-as-nfl-coaches-meet-again

Quote:When Taylor sits down Monday morning at the AFC coaches' media breakfast, only three of them have done what Taylor did two months ago when he took his team to back-to-back AFC title games: New England's Bill Belichick, Baltimore's John Harbaugh and Kansas City's Andy Reid. Two Hall-of-Famers and one on the border. Add Pittsburgh's Mike Tomlin (closing in on a Canton lock himself) along with Jacksonville's Doug Pederson and Taylor is on that short list of AFC coaches with at least five playoff wins.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I have mad respect for Zac. I heard he was football intelligent before he got here. Yeah, he made some mistakes and still does, but he is above and beyond 1st year Zac.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Quote:It can be as small as listening to the players and opening up the cafeteria after practice. Or doing it subtly after the 155-play overtime loss to the Steelers in last year's opener with a Wednesday walk-through instead of the usual full-scale practice.

The cafeteria being closed on Tuesdays thing in the NFLPA report card is going to get fixed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I'm so glad I was wrong about Zac and was calling for his head after his 2nd season.
I'm now a huge fan and hope he is with us for a long time as I think he will take us to and win a few SuperBowls
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 02:30 PM)pally Wrote: The cafeteria being closed on Tuesdays thing in the NFLPA report card is going to get fixed

In a world of cause and effect, I would have to suppose that if the cafeteria was not open on Tuesdays, it's probably because the players were not utilizing it on Tuesdays.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 02:51 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: I'm so glad I was wrong about Zac and was calling for his head after his 2nd season.
I'm now a huge fan and hope he is with us for a long time as I think he will take us to and win a few SuperBowls

I'll take ONE ....  JUST 1 !!!!
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
Great stuff, pretty cool to have a top HC, been forever it feels like.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 06:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great stuff, pretty cool to have a top HC, been forever it feels like.

Funny how they didn’t do it all by size. Andy Reid, Belichick,Ron Rivera, Pete Carroll, and Harbaugh front row center.

Picture of head coaches
https://twitter.com/cardsmarkd/status/1640420056533450753?s=46&t=oRdMuHpC2b0Xldr1TrExDA
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Zac certainly proved a lot of so called experts wrong about doubting his abilities.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2023, 03:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: In a world of cause and effect, I would have to suppose that if the cafeteria was not open on Tuesdays, it's probably because the players were not utilizing it on Tuesdays.

In a world of knowing Mike Brown and previous teams, I would have to suppose that the cafeteria has never been open on off days and it hasn't been an issue because those earlier teams didn't come in en masse to work out on their day off.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I was initially excited when we got Zac because it was finally something different than the same Marvin Lewis show we watched for so long. The excitement definitely came to a screeching halt with the Jim Turner hire and then the embarrassing DC search. 

That entire 2019 offseason and season was just a dumpster fire. We were lucky to land Burrow the FO woke up and let Zac start crafting a roster for himself instead of using Marvin's guys. 

I'll admit that I was ready to boot him after 2020 and left to wonder how long the team would give him in 2021 before finally pulling the plug. 

However, he has grown a lot and one of my favorite things is that he's willing to admit his mistakes. Talking about taking the ball out of Joe's hands against SF was big. He grew and realized that he has a QB that he can trust to run the offense. Yes, there was the first Baltimore game last season with the bizarre play calling, but it was another learning moment. 

I have become a fan of Zac and believe that he's the right guy to lead the team.

Also, it's great to see a coaching rivalry where it feels like the coaches genuinely don't care for each other. I believe Zac vs. Harbaugh is the closest thing we have to Wyche vs. Glanville.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 12:45 AM)pally Wrote: In a world of knowing Mike Brown and previous teams, I would have to suppose that the cafeteria has never been open on off days and it hasn't been an issue because those earlier teams didn't come in en masse to work out on their day off.

That's pretty much what I said....
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 01:48 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I was initially excited when we got Zac because it was finally something different than the same Marvin Lewis show we watched for so long. The excitement definitely came to a screeching halt with the Jim Turner hire and then the embarrassing DC search. 

That entire 2019 offseason and season was just a dumpster fire. We were lucky to land Burrow the FO woke up and let Zac start crafting a roster for himself instead of using Marvin's guys. 

I'll admit that I was ready to boot him after 2020 and left to wonder how long the team would give him in 2021 before finally pulling the plug. 

However, he has grown a lot and one of my favorite things is that he's willing to admit his mistakes. Talking about taking the ball out of Joe's hands against SF was big. He grew and realized that he has a QB that he can trust to run the offense. Yes, there was the first Baltimore game last season with the bizarre play calling, but it was another learning moment. 

I have become a fan of Zac and believe that he's the right guy to lead the team.

Also, it's great to see a coaching rivalry where it feels like the coaches genuinely don't care for each other. I believe Zac vs. Harbaugh is the closest thing we have to Wyche vs. Glanville.

Nice post Bengal Dude. I have about exact same feelings on Zac. Have became a fan of his, he keeps learning which is what you 
want in your HC. Also true on Harbaugh, you can really see he doesn't like Zac at all, saw it big time in the Playoff game, fun stuff. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Speaking of Zac...

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 07:04 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Speaking of Zac...

On a podcast with Peter Schrager, Sean McVay, and Zac …. Sean, Zac, and Matt LeFleur I think fly in a small plane to work out some guys before the draft. They go work out Cooper Kupp. Zac is the QB and Sean the DB. McVay gets mad at Zac because he can’t tell crap because Zac keeps throwing perfect passes that are too easy to catch. Cooper doesn’t have to do anything. Zac says his arm after a few days was literally about to fall off. Zac his senior year came out of nowhere to win Big 12 POY. Don’t know if this makes sense. Zac was not at all athletic but a hell of an athlete. Great form as a passer and technique. In basketball a great pure shooter and ball handler. They say he Burrow are the two best free throw shooters in the building.

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 07:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: On a podcast with Peter Schrager, Sean McVay, and Zac …. Sean, Zac, and Matt LeFleur I think fly in a small plane to work out some guys before the draft. They go work out Cooper Kupp. Zac is the QB and Sean the DB. McVay gets mad at Zac because he can’t tell crap because Zac keeps throwing perfect passes that are too easy to catch. Cooper doesn’t have to do anything. Zac says his arm after a few days was literally about to fall off. Zac his senior year came out of nowhere to win Big 12 POY. Don’t know if this makes sense. Zac was not at all athletic but a hell of an athlete. Great form as a passer and technique. In basketball a great pure shooter and ball handler. They say he Burrow are the two best free throw shooters in the building.

So what could we save on the cap by cutting Allen and having the Head Coach double as the backup QB? At least he can complete a pass.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 12:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So what could we save on the cap by cutting Allen and having the Head Coach double as the backup QB? At least he can complete a pass.

He’s a poor boys Peyton Manning

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2023, 07:30 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: On a podcast with Peter Schrager, Sean McVay, and Zac …. Sean, Zac, and Matt LeFleur I think fly in a small plane to work out some guys before the draft. They go work out Cooper Kupp. Zac is the QB and Sean the DB. McVay gets mad at Zac because he can’t tell crap because Zac keeps throwing perfect passes that are too easy to catch. Cooper doesn’t have to do anything. Zac says his arm after a few days was literally about to fall off. Zac his senior year came out of nowhere to win Big 12 POY. Don’t know if this makes sense. Zac was not at all athletic but a hell of an athlete. Great form as a passer and technique. In basketball a great pure shooter and ball handler. They say he Burrow are the two best free throw shooters in the building.

Didn't know all that, thanks Soonerpeace. Interesting. I watched Zac play at Nebraska a few times and he didn't look bad at all

Doesn't surprise me.

(03-29-2023, 12:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: So what could we save on the cap by cutting Allen and having the Head Coach double as the backup QB? At least he can complete a pass.

That would be hilarious, first HC to be the backup QB of an NFL team lol
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2023, 02:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Didn't know all that, thanks Soonerpeace. Interesting. I watched Zac play at Nebraska a few times and he didn't look bad at all

Doesn't surprise me.

That would be hilarious, first HC to be the backup QB of an NFL team lol

Zac’s a great athlete who’s not very athletic for being such a good athlete. I hope you understand

Reply/Quote