Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor on the Dan Patrick Show
(04-14-2020, 10:21 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I think Zac soundede pretty stupid when he said the most important thing in scouting a college QB is the ability to win.  That makes no sense at all.  The national champion QB often stinks in the NFL.

Matt Flynn, Tim Tebow, Greg McElroy, A.J. McCarron, Jameis Winston, J.T. Barrett, etc etc

Any coach that thinks he can win just by having a QB who will say "Losing is not an noption" is a total loser.  I wonder why losing was an option for Burrow in 2018 but not 2019?

Are you mad because Zac wasnt giggling throughout his interview?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 12:41 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Are you mad because Zac wasnt giggling throughout his interview?

No.  He's just trolling.  That's his newest persona.  Fred is not handling cabin fever well at all.  He could use a really fat doobie.  Or ten.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Did he say that the most important thing was to win a National Championship? Let me know the last stud QB in the NFL that had a losing record in college and didn't find a way to elevate the team to a winning record despite the talent around him.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 11:46 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Are head coaches that call their own plays ... ordinators?

Guess they are, no co about it lol
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 12:55 PM)McC Wrote: No.  He's just trolling.  That's his newest persona.  Fred is not handling cabin fever well at all.  He could use a really fat doobie.  Or ten.

Perhaps we can start a board fund raiser to get Fred a ticket out to Arizona St. or wherever ML is ? To see him and spend a few days, tell Marvin how he's the G.O.A.T. of HC's and if they'd only have given him more time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 11:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Burrow does seem more the type to start smashing things or screaming at teammates or coaches when things go awry, and awry things will go....it is a given in the NFL.  

The camera is going to be on Burrow during a loss and he's either going to be showing too much or too little emotion and people are going to get upset. That's just the way it is. 

So does Brady....same types of personalities, holding everyone accountable. I can't wait for Burrow to go at it with one of his WR's for running the wrong route!! 
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2020, 04:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: You think Jonah will bust?

Pratt improved immensely from the beginning of the year too. MJ as well.

Wren was middling, but had less than 15% of the snaps or whatever.

Too early to call on everyone, save for Finley.

I believe Jonah Williams will struggle against the big tough Ds in our division.I think he will be replaced at some time in the season.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 12:55 PM)McC Wrote: No.  He's just trolling.  That's his newest persona.  Fred is not handling cabin fever well at all.  He could use a really fat doobie.  Or ten.

Imagine being quarantined there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 03:13 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I believe Jonah Williams will struggle against the big tough Ds in our division.I think he will be replaced at some time in the season.

O_o...

O...k. So the best college T prospect of the previous 3 years, will be replaced midseason?

Gotcha.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 03:06 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: So does Brady....same types of personalities, holding everyone accountable. I can't wait for Burrow to go at it with one of his WR's for running the wrong route!! 

Oy the media would have a field day with Burrow blowing a gasket at Ross. 
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 01:04 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Did he say that the most important thing was to win a National Championship? Let me know the last stud QB in the NFL that had a losing record in college and didn't find a way to elevate the team to a winning record despite the talent around him.

Well... I'm sure they had a winning record, but Tom Brady kept getting benched for a baseball player at Michigan. In fairness that baseball player played in the NFL for a hot second too.

Also... I didn't look at the post you were responding to. I just wanted to take up that challenge. That was the best I could do.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 11:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All losses are not equal. I guarantee a guy as competitive as Burrow wouldn’t be laughing it up having a good old time in a PLAYOFF game in which he was playing like total ass.

That’s just who Andy is. You can see it in his speeches. He’s the “let’s just go have fun” type of of player. Burrow wants to “steal the other team’s souls” lol

I dunno... I've seen a smile or a laugh at a funeral. I think that stuff can be forgiven. Maybe somebody cracked a mood lightening joke about how at least there isn't time left for him to throw a 4th interception.

Jim Valvano said that it's important to laugh, be moved to tears, and think each and every day. He said that as he was dying from cancer.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

Hey I'll take one too.  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 10:41 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Doesn’t need to be a crybaby fit, but he sure as hell shouldn’t be laughing. But I do agree that throwing them in the first place is a bigger problem.

Patton agrees with you strongly,.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 03:06 PM)JerseyDD09 Wrote: So does Brady....same types of personalities, holding everyone accountable. I can't wait for Burrow to go at it with one of his WR's for running the wrong route!! 

WhoDey2 Just a word of warning, when you speak of things like this, things will get ugly as they did for me. Posters will come after you and tell you you know nothing of what you are talking about. These things don't happen in the NFL. There's a pecking order. Rookie QB's must come in with their eyes on the ground and not look upon veterans until told it's OK. Rookie QB's must carry vets helmets and win Superbowls before being allowed to speak in public. Only after winning for years and maybe a SB or 2 will the QB be allowed to show public distain for lazy linemen or wrong route running WR's.

Beware, they are lighting their torches and gathering their pitchforks. Close the curtains... Nervous
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2020, 04:13 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: O_o...

O...k. So the best college T prospect of the previous 3 years, will be replaced midseason?

Gotcha.

And I get called a troll for pointing out that our head coach thinks Patrick Mahomes sucked as a QB because he had a losing record as a starter at Texas Tech.

But I am sure everything will be fine since Burrows decided (sometime after 2018) that losing was no longer an option.  That is the most important thing about being a good QB.  Rolleyes 
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 12:51 AM)JSR18 Wrote: WhoDey2 Just a word of warning, when you speak of things like this, things will get ugly as they did for me. Posters will come after you and tell you you know nothing of what you are talking about. These things don't happen in the NFL. There's a pecking order. Rookie QB's must come in with their eyes on the ground and not look upon veterans until told it's OK. Rookie QB's must carry vets helmets and win Superbowls before being allowed to speak in public. Only after winning for years and maybe a SB or 2 will the QB be allowed to show public distain for lazy linemen or wrong route running WR's.

Beware, they are lighting their torches and gathering their pitchforks. Close the curtains... Nervous

No one will say silly things like this, but it is true that a rookie can't come in and start jumping vets until he proves he deserves respect.

Coaches should coach and players should play.  When players start trying to coach all you have is a bunch of players constatly yelling at each other.

How well do any of you respond to a co-worker at your same level trying to boss you around?  

How much did Baker Mayfield help the Browns by criticizing teammates?
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 09:53 AM)fredtoast Wrote: And I get called a troll for pointing out that our head coach thinks Patrick Mahomes sucked as a QB because he had a losing record as a starter at Texas Tech.

But I am sure everything will be fine since Burrows decided (sometime after 2018) that losing was no longer an option.  That is the most important thing about being a good QB.  Rolleyes 

Burrow didn’t have a losing season in 2018.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 10:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Burrow didn’t have a losing season in 2018.

Yeah, LSU was 10-3 and won the Fiesta Bowl.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2020, 10:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No one will say silly things like this, but it is true that a rookie can't come in and start jumping vets until he proves he deserves respect.

Coaches should coach and players should play.  When players start trying to coach all you have is a bunch of players constatly yelling at each other.

How well do any of you respond to a co-worker at your same level trying to boss you around?  

How much did Baker Mayfield help the Browns by criticizing teammates?

WhoDey2 Like I said, re-read my post. Put your pitchfork away...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote