Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Zac Taylor play calling is trash!
(11-01-2023, 10:46 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Mixon is playing about as well as he always has - not very good. He did have a nice game on Sunday, though. He made a few folks miss and had those two really nice bounces to the outside. However, he is still towards the very bottom in the league as far as forcing missed tackles and generating yards after contact. It's just who he is. He'll eat up what the line gives him and not much more. 

Yet he’s still here startling and making 8 million a year and another year.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 10:46 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Mixon is playing about as well as he always has - not very good. He did have a nice game on Sunday, though. He made a few folks miss and had those two really nice bounces to the outside. However, he is still towards the very bottom in the league as far as forcing missed tackles and generating yards after contact. It's just who he is. He'll eat up what the line gives him and not much more. 

Although it was a nice demonstration of what could be if Mixon could just make one person miss. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 12:30 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Again reading comprehension matters. I said Breech doesn’t think Zac is a very good coach not that Breech said he was not a very good coach.

Doesn’t matter all 15,000 on this board knows your the biggest blowhard. I asked you to find one time where you said Zac was a good coach and that was a lifetime ago. You obviously can’t. Find anything you said that praised Zac. One thing

See the bold? You said it. You. Not me. And most of what you say is complete BS. So prove it or STFU, son.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 10:56 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: See the bold? You said it. You. Not me. And most of what you say is complete BS. So prove it or STFU, son.

Again read it. Thinks not said it so I’m not looking for it because thinking is not saying. But I’m still waiting for your one comment that praises Zac as a coach.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 08:08 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I love it when someone actually thinks the term "Boomer" is some kind of insult. Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

Does anyone like being called a Boomer Sooner?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 10:53 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yet he’s still here startling...

For now, yes. Again, he isn't very good. 

Quote:and making 8 million a year and another year.

No, he's not. He is making $5.7MM this year. Link to contract details. His cap hit is $8MM. However, his cash payout is $5.7MM. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 11:00 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Again read it. Thinks not said it so I’m not looking for it because thinking is not saying. But I’m still waiting for your one comment that praises Zac as a coach.

Damn, you're triflin'.

(11-01-2023, 12:30 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I said Breech doesn’t think Zac is a very good coach not that Breech said he was not a very good coach.

Read that word in bold.

Are you a mind reader? Do you work for the Psychic Friends Network? Are you Miss Cleo? Can you tell me the winning Mega Million numbers? You can read my mind and tell me what I think even though I have never written that?  What you have repeatedly claimed I think, without evidence, is a lie which makes you a liar.  Prove your claim or STFU.
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2023, 07:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: ...yea they're in the bottom 1/3rd lol

But, that's his good year.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 10:54 AM)Joelist Wrote: Although it was a nice demonstration of what could be if Mixon could just make one person miss. 

And I do think that (like many of our skill players on offense not named Chase) having Burrow healthy and dominant will be crucial to opening things up for everyone, especially Mixon. As the defense sinks back, hopefully Mixon gets more space to operate and then he can make more guys miss rather than being boxed in. That's not to excuse his lack of elusiveness prior to this, just that now he should at least have more chance of success in that area, and it's up to him to take advantage of it.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 11:20 AM)chrisball96 Wrote: And I do think that (like many of our skill players on offense not named Chase) having Burrow healthy and dominant will be crucial to opening things up for everyone, especially Mixon. As the defense sinks back, hopefully Mixon gets more space to operate and then he can make more guys miss rather than being boxed in. That's not to excuse his lack of elusiveness prior to this, just that now he should at least have more chance of success in that area, and it's up to him to take advantage of it.

For sure

I think for whatever reasons? Mixon's running style just isn't well suited to shotgun. As we mix in more under center and more playaction Mixon's numbers will have the opportunity to improve. And it's up to him to take advantage of it.

He ran well all things considered vs. 49ers. Lets see if he can keep that head of steam up?
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 10:53 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yet he’s still here startling and making 8 million a year and another year.

That isn’t an argument lol Mixon still stinks

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 08:33 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Boomers don't understand how much of a plague they've been on the nation the last 50-60 years. It's hilarious to me how clueless they are of how trash of a generation they became. Generally speaking, statistics show boomers are a massive drain on society.

Incredible generalization and hatred of an entire artificially segregated group of people. Please try to see people as individuals and not divisively trash and spread anger towards people you stereotype because of when they were born or their race or ethnicity or anything else. You sound like if you had a button that could wipe people off the Earth you would wipe all those born between 1946 and 1964. 
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 08:33 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Boomers don't understand how much of a plague they've been on the nation the last 50-60 years. It's hilarious to me how clueless they are of how trash of a generation they became. Generally speaking, statistics show boomers are a massive drain on society.

Really, because we didn't live in our parent's basement until we were 35? Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 09:06 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Overnight The Raiders fired Josh McDaniel and the GM David Ziegler citing the poor culture. Say what you want about Zac Taylor as an OC but if you can’t agree on his success with completely changing the culture then it’s pretty much just bias against him period.

Here we go with this again.

Taylor seems like he is great at managing people which is important as a head coach. He is definitely part of the culture. But, he isn't responsible for "completely" changing the culture. Was Taylor responsible for changing the culture which brought about a Ring of Honor fans had requested for years? No. That's just one of the many examples that the passing of the torch from Paul to Katie is what completely changed the culture.

Carl Pickens trade demands
Corey Dillion trade demands
Carson Palmer trade demands
the Lee Johnson rule
Chad Johnson trade demands
bringing back Chris Henry over the HC's objections
the Kmart Blue Light Special approach to free agency
resistance to a Ring of Honor
resistance to an indoor practice facility
squabbling with Hamilton County
Gatorade-gate
Towel-gate
Rent-a-TV-gate
smallest scouting department in NFL
outdated or aging facilities

There is a common theme to that list and its name is Mike Brown. Mike was responsible for the culture in which his $100M QB was willing to spend his own money to build an indoor practice facility because the owner/GM refused.  Same QB demanded a trade because the owner/GM refused to be as competitive as possible.

Taylor has only had to deal with one dip shit, Mixon, and hasn't been handcuffed by Mike like his successors. 

Taylor is good at managing his players. Taylor is good at managing the schedule to protect the players against injury. (Which is a double edged sword in preseason and beginning of regular season.) But, the passing of the torch to Katie (who was part of bringing Taylor into the organization) has taken care of all that other shit for him and is what is truly responsible for "completely" changing the culture.  Failing to recognize that is just Boomer Sooner bias.

And Josh McDaniels did for the Raiders what he did for the Broncos.  That was a stupid hiring decision by ownership with a predictable result.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 10:01 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

I've tried hard and succeeded at not bashing ZT and Co. to much during the start of the season. It had to be hard to gameplan around a QB with the mobility of an Oak tree. My only complaint would be not sitting Burrow for the first couple of games. But I also can't imagine being the one telling Burrow he's riding the pine.

We'll see how the offense progress now that JB is back. And I have good feelings.

I don't think we would be questioning it if we saw the backup QB play. (You gotta save money somewhere.) I still think an injured Burrow gave them the best chance to win.  If he did sit out then he's knocking the rust off in Week 3 or 4 without a preseason.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 10:53 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: Yet he’s still here startling and making 8 million a year and another year.

That is startling.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 11:55 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Really, because we didn't live in our parent's basement until we were 35? Hilarious

Well, college is like 400% more expensive, cost of living has increased more than wages for 40 years, homeownership is beyond the reach of many, rent is as much as my mortgage payment. Just sayin'.

I can barely afford to take a fancy, expensive trip . . . to the grocery story.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 11:57 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Here we go with this again.

Taylor seems like he is great at managing people which is important as a head coach. He is definitely part of the culture. But, he isn't responsible for "completely" changing the culture. Was Taylor responsible for changing the culture which brought about a Ring of Honor fans had requested for years? No. That's just one of the many examples that the passing of the torch from Paul to Katie is what completely changed the culture.

Carl Pickens trade demands
Corey Dillion trade demands
Carson Palmer trade demands
the Lee Johnson rule
Chad Johnson trade demands
bringing back Chris Henry over the HC's objections
the Kmart Blue Light Special approach to free agency
resistance to a Ring of Honor
resistance to an indoor practice facility
squabbling with Hamilton County
Gatorade-gate
Towel-gate
Rent-a-TV-gate
smallest scouting department in NFL
outdated or aging facilities

There is a common theme to that list and its name is Mike Brown. Mike was responsible for the culture in which his $100M QB was willing to spend his own money to build an indoor practice facility because the owner/GM refused.  Same QB demanded a trade because the owner/GM refused to be as competitive as possible.

Taylor has only had to deal with one dip shit, Mixon, and hasn't been handcuffed by Mike like his successors. 

Taylor is good at managing his players. Taylor is good at managing the schedule to protect the players against injury. (Which is a double edged sword in preseason and beginning of regular season.) But, the passing of the torch to Katie (who was part of bringing Taylor into the organization) has taken care of all that other shit for him and is what is truly responsible for "completely" changing the culture.  Failing to recognize that is just Boomer Sooner bias.

And Josh McDaniels did for the Raiders what he did for the Broncos.  That was a stupid hiring decision by ownership with a predictable result.

Katie yes has take the lead and Mike is less involved but his finger prints are on Taylor hire, I remember being at the meeting with Mike and ZT and you could tell he had invested time in deciding to hire him.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2023, 12:20 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Katie yes has take the lead and Mike is less involved but his finger prints are on Taylor hire, I remember being at the meeting with Mike and ZT and you could tell he had invested time in deciding to hire him.

With Zac Taylor, Bengals (finally) look toward the future (wcpo.com)

Quote:Shortly after Lewis’ ouster, there were signs of a shift in the way the Bengals have been known to do business when Brown handed over the search for a head coach to his daughter and team executive vice president, Katie Blackburn, and her husband and team vice president, Troy. Director of player personnel Duke Tobin took the lead in the interviewing process.

Seems kinda like eggs and bacon for breakfast.  The chicken is involved, but the pig is committed. Mike being the chicken in this case.
Reply/Quote
the attitude of this team comes from Taylor. It's not that negative aura that the Lewis teams had. He deserves most of the credit.

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote