Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor's overall record
Is 7-26-1.....

Marvin Lewis and Forrest Gregg are the only Bengals coaches with an above .500 record, Marvin was 131-122-3 and Gregg was 32-25-0. Bill Johnson came close to being above .500 at 22-22-0
Reply/Quote
Yeah it sucks.
Reply/Quote
The OCs for the Panthers and the Bills are there for the taking this off season.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This roster should not lose many games. If they don't win 4 of their next 5 ZT should be replaced.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Need a better play caller on top of the protection issue that still hangs over this team.

Because Joe’s on pace to get sacked 75+ this season if he plays all 17
Reply/Quote
At bare minimum the ownership should be on a teleconference right now stripping Taylor of play calling authority and putting Callahan in full control.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor after every play:

[Image: CleverBlissfulBrahmancow-size_restricted.gif]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
I’ll give him props on helping assemble a good roster (not sure if he should necessarily get the credit). I’ll give him credit for the Steelers win last year, and the Titans win. Other than that, he has not done a good job of game planning or game management.
Reply/Quote
This team gets by on players making plays. They get zero help from the sidelines. Joe's mini meltdown didn't help either, but Taylor and Callahan are literally worthless. They're literally ugly Ben-Gals. Cheerleaders...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:03 PM)jason Wrote: This team gets by on players making plays. They get zero help from the sidelines. Joe's mini meltdown didn't help either, but Taylor and Callahan are literally worthless. They're literally ugly Ben-Gals.  Cheerleaders...

This. The play calls are largely ridiculous. The play designs also are mostly not well thought out. How do you let a defense with MAJOR issues defending deep play most of the game with 8 on the box and not challenge them at all?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:05 PM)Joelist Wrote: This. The play calls are largely ridiculous. The play designs also are mostly not well thought out. How do you let a defense with MAJOR issues defending deep play most of the game with 8 on the box and not challenge them at all?

I think a lot of it has to do with the shaky offensive line. They don’t want Burrow to get killed. To throw it deep you need blocking to hold up for a few seconds.

I think they’re playing and coaching scared a little bit. Burrow doesn’t look comfortable back there. He’s rushing throws. That pick play on 3rd down he gunned it to the slant when the wheel was open for a TD.

Even with the offensive line struggling, you still have to attack the defense in a balanced way. You have to take more deep shots than they did. This game was within striking distance before the pick six. Gotta find a way to march down the field. The play calling wasn’t good enough. The offensive line wasn’t either.

Dalton going down put us in a position to win. Gotta take advantage.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:58 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: This roster should not lose many games. If they don't win 4 of their next 5 ZT should be replaced.

The next five are at Steelers, Jacksonville here, Packers here, at Lions, and at Ravens. You think we’re winning 4 of those?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:15 PM)bjf123 Wrote: The next five are at Steelers, Jacksonville here, Packers here, at Lions, and at Ravens. You think we’re winning 4 of those?

2 of those. At best.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: 2 of those. At best.

Yep.

Reply/Quote
We've already seen the best Zac Taylor and his pals have to offer. There was no reason to keep him around for this season.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:19 PM)BengalChris Wrote: We've already seen the best Zac Taylor and his pals have to offer. There was no reason to keep him around for this season.

Yep. Should have cut our losses and moved on like Cleveland did with Kitchens. Instead we wasted at least 2 years of Burrow’s rookie contract. And they look like they found their guy in Stefanski.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:14 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I think a lot of it has to do with the shaky offensive line. They don’t want Burrow to get killed. To throw it deep you need blocking to hold up for a few seconds.

I think they’re playing and coaching scared a little bit. Burrow doesn’t look comfortable back there. He’s rushing throws. That pick play on 3rd down he gunned it to the slant when the wheel was open for a TD.

Even with the offensive line struggling, you still have to attack the defense in a balanced way. You have to take more deep shots than they did. This game was within striking distance before the pick six. Gotta find a way to march down the field. The play calling wasn’t good enough. The offensive line wasn’t either.

Dalton going down put us in a position to win. Gotta take advantage.

Except he had time. He had a pocket. He caused at least 2 of the sacks by just standing there with the ball for 4+ seconds. The game plan was flat out stupid. WAY too many empty backfields; way too much shotgun. No screens, no mass protects, no play calls until very late to actually take the top off - and when they FINALLY called it it worked. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:15 PM)bjf123 Wrote: The next five are at Steelers, Jacksonville here, Packers here, at Lions, and at Ravens. You think we’re winning 4 of those?

Yeah I didn't want to be super negative but I thought these 1st 4 games were crucial to how this season would go. We probably weren't doing anything anyway this year but I think after this loss I think we're in for another losing season. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: Except he had time. He had a pocket. He caused at least 2 of the sacks by just standing there with the ball for 4+ seconds. The game plan was flat out stupid. WAY too many empty backfields; way too much shotgun. No screens, no mass protects, no play calls until very late to actually take the top off - and when they FINALLY called it it worked. 

I think you’re right, but the term you’re attempting to use is MAX protect, not mass protect.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 06:33 PM)Joelist Wrote: Except he had time. He had a pocket. He caused at least 2 of the sacks by just standing there with the ball for 4+ seconds. The game plan was flat out stupid. WAY too many empty backfields; way too much shotgun. No screens, no mass protects, no play calls until very late to actually take the top off - and when they FINALLY called it it worked. 

I definitely agree. The play calling didn’t do anyone any favors—including the offensive line and Burrow. Too predictable. Gotta attack the other team’s weaknesses. That’s what good coaches do.
Reply/Quote