Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor's overall record
(09-20-2021, 09:14 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: speaking of records Burrow is now on Pace to break David carr's  Record...

It's interesting that Burrow is on pace to break that sack record (in 17 games, but still) and he and Chase are lamenting that ZT isn't calling more deep routes that will require buying more time in the pocket and/or mobility.  We can somewhat excuse the gameplan in the first two weeks as ZT calling short/quick stuff in order to protect Burrow and that's gotten us to 1-1 so meh...that's above the norm for the ZT era.

With that being said, Burrow is dropping back fewer times per game and being put in quick release situations and yet he's still on pace to break a sack record to go with the QB hits he's taken that don't count for that stat.  Are we going to be able to win in Pittsburgh with Burrow throwing the ball 27 times?

It just all seems pretty wacky.  Burrow is getting lit up already despite ZT's efforts to protect him and he and Chase are complaining that ZT isn't setting him up to get absolutely shellacked.  God help me, I'm almost sort of on ZT's side on this one at the moment.  Or at least I can see his reasoning. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:07 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yup

But that's the Bengal way most of the time. Never proactive 

ZT will be lucky to win 5 games this season. Then the laundry list of excuses will get pulled out of the drawer. 

Unfortunately for fans, I think you're correct. Mike is going to remain bullish and ride out the Zac contract before acting.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's interesting that Burrow is on pace to break that sack record (in 17 games, but still) and he and Chase are lamenting that ZT isn't calling more deep routes that will require buying more time in the pocket and/or mobility.  We can somewhat excuse the gameplan in the first two weeks as ZT calling short/quick stuff in order to protect Burrow and that's gotten us to 1-1 so meh...that's above the norm for the ZT era.

With that being said, Burrow is dropping back fewer times per game and being put in quick release situations and yet he's still on pace to break a sack record to go with the QB hits he's taken that don't count for that stat.  Are we going to be able to win in Pittsburgh with Burrow throwing the ball 27 times?

It just all seems pretty wacky.  Burrow is getting lit up already despite ZT's efforts to protect him and he and Chase are complaining that ZT isn't setting him up to get absolutely shellacked.  God help me, I'm almost sort of on ZT's side on this one at the moment.  Or at least I can see his reasoning. 

right that is the most baffling part  less passes should mean less sacks lol...

But here we are.

Part of it is burrow is not getting rid of the ball

Absolutely cant blame ZT for not calling longer routes when we cant protect on shorter routes. But i still blame him for the fact burrow has very limit protection whether that is the scheme or the players.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Unfortunately for fans, I think you're correct. Mike is going to remain bullish and ride out the Zac contract before acting.

There's little doubt

I can hear Mike now at the end of season. "Katie you and Duke have the list ready ?"
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2021, 05:53 PM)Trademark Wrote: Is 7-26-1.....

Marvin Lewis and Forrest Gregg are the only Bengals coaches with an above .500 record, Marvin was 131-122-3 and Gregg was 32-25-0. Bill Johnson came close to being above .500 at 22-22-0

whats the lowest Win % in nfl history?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:20 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: There's little doubt

I can hear Mike now at the end of season. "Katie you and Duke have the list ready ?"

they should bring in Vince McMahon... for the YOU"RE FIRED!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:50 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: whats the lowest Win % in nfl history?

ZT's current .221% puts him in the bottom 4 at the moment.

1 Bert Bell+ 6 1936-1941 58 10 46 2 .179 -36 0 0 0 0 4.7 4 0 0 0

2 Hue Jackson 4 2011-2018 56 11 44 1 .205 -33 0 0 0 0 3.5 3 0 0 0
3 Steve Spagnuolo 4 2009-2017 52 11 41 0 .212 -30 0 0 0 0 3.5 2 0 0 0

Hard to compare him to Bert Bell who coached back when you could get stuck with an NFL team that was made up with guys who had to leave the game early to get their night shift in at the Chrysler plant, though. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 09:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: It's interesting that Burrow is on pace to break that sack record (in 17 games, but still) and he and Chase are lamenting that ZT isn't calling more deep routes that will require buying more time in the pocket and/or mobility.  We can somewhat excuse the gameplan in the first two weeks as ZT calling short/quick stuff in order to protect Burrow and that's gotten us to 1-1 so meh...that's above the norm for the ZT era.

If you're that worried about your QB then play your back up QB.  Put Allen in the game if you fear that Burrow isnt 100%. 

Burrow will not be 100% at all this year.  He's not 100% mentally, and he's probably not 100% physically.  

Last year before his injury, they would call RPO's.  Burrow wile not being Lamar Jackson, could run the ball. 

You're not seeing any of that this year, why?  Because #1 they arent going to risk it and #2 Burrow knows he can't motor like he used to with the brace on his knee. 

So again, if Zac is that worried about protecting Joe, then put Allen in the game and let Burrow take a ride on the pine until he's 100%
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:56 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Burrow will not be 100% at all this year.  He's not 100% mentally, and he's probably not 100% physically.  

That's possible.  We just spent the entire off-season talking about how Burrow was completely immune to mental setbacks and that being gun-shy after having your knee caved in was something only wimpy quitters from sunny CoCal would experience.  

I expected Burrow to be more gun-shy than others around here who seem to think he is some sort of solid steel android who is programmed only to win, but he can't be mentally reeling all season.  He's got to snap out of it, even if he's in a worse spot than Palmer was in 06.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 10:54 AM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT's current .221% puts him in the bottom 4 at the moment.

1 Bert Bell+ 6 1936-1941 58 10 46 2 .179 -36 0 0 0 0 4.7 4 0 0 0

2 Hue Jackson 4 2011-2018 56 11 44 1 .205 -33 0 0 0 0 3.5 3 0 0 0
3 Steve Spagnuolo 4 2009-2017 52 11 41 0 .212 -30 0 0 0 0 3.5 2 0 0 0

Hard to compare him to Bert Bell who coached back when you could get stuck with an NFL team that was made up with guys who had to leave the game early to get their night shift in at the Chrysler plant, though. 

Well At least he has a record to chase.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:07 AM)Nately120 Wrote: That's possible.  We just spent the entire off-season talking about how Burrow was completely immune to mental setbacks and that being gun-shy after having your knee caved in was something only wimpy quitters from sunny CoCal would experience.  

I expected Burrow to be more gun-shy than others around here who seem to think he is some sort of solid steel android who is programmed only to win, but he can't be mentally reeling all season.  He's got to snap out of it, even if he's in a worse spot than Palmer was in 06.

I'm also one of those "realist" who people called negative when it came to what I seen from this team in 2021. 

I believe top end this team was 7-10/8-9.  Reason i thought that was the OL needed time to mesh together and Burrow wasn't going to be the Burrow of old.   He probably wont even be near it until the 2nd half of this season.  

I'm impressed by the defense.  Although, i think Apple needs replaced immediately.  He basically gave up the 1st TD yesterday himself.  Reminded me of the Viking game where he literally gave up 1 TD drive himself.  

However, again, if this Bengals team wants to even sniff 7-10/8-9 then they better make hay in the first part of this schedule because it only gets harder in the 2nd half of the schedule. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 11:23 AM)TJ528 Wrote: I'm also one of those "realist" who people called negative when it came to what I seen from this team in 2021. 

I believe top end this team was 7-10/8-9.  Reason i thought that was the OL needed time to mesh together and Burrow wasn't going to be the Burrow of old.   He probably wont even be near it until the 2nd half of this season.  

I'm impressed by the defense.  Although, i think Apple needs replaced immediately.  He basically gave up the 1st TD yesterday himself.  Reminded me of the Viking game where he literally gave up 1 TD drive himself.  

However, again, if this Bengals team wants to even sniff 7-10/8-9 then they better make hay in the first part of this schedule because it only gets harder in the 2nd half of the schedule. 

Well Apple is a backup, so hopefully he won't be out there very much longer. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2021, 12:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well Apple is a backup, so hopefully he won't be out there very much longer. 

But the starter has now missed 18 straight games.
Reply/Quote