Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac Taylor's ridiculous statement on why he kept Burrow in

If this isn't proof this man is a clown and needs to go i don't know what is...
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:32 PM)Trademark Wrote:

Shouldn't you be listening to Bruce Arians? 

But yes, dumb statement. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:39 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Shouldn't you be listening to Bruce Arians? 

But yes, dumb statement. 

Dude i'm just beyond irritated. I'm tired of getting owned by good teams. 20+ years of rooting for this team will do that to you though
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:32 PM)Trademark Wrote:

What momentum? Momentum of possible injury and higher draft pick? The man does not have a clue.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 10:58 PM)Trademark Wrote: Dude i'm just beyond irritated. I'm tired of getting owned by good teams. 20+ years of rooting for this team will do that to you though

Yes, yes it will.

Will also lead to a lot of Bourbon drinking nights.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What do you expect from a coach whose record is 4-20-1? 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What do you expect from a coach whose record is 4-20-1? 

A Benny Hill soundtrack to be played during his press conference?

Reply/Quote
I liked that Burrow defended ZT and I actually thought the playcalling was turning a corner the last 3 weeks, so I was considering giving ZT another year of my patience, but this game snapped me out of my delusion.

He can go.
Reply/Quote
What Zac should have said:

Burrow had a terrible game. He didn't deserve to sit on the sidelines and watch someone else close out his mess.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
You cannot run for first downs on a first down then go empty sets 3 times in a row. They did that several times in this game.

I loved that they spread the defense out but they still had to run the ball.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Taylor needs to wake up. He was starting to look good but some of his decisions in this game were stupid. Not taking Burrow out was stupid. Not running more was stupid.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:13 PM)Synric Wrote: You cannot run for first downs on a first down then go empty sets 3 times in a row. They did that several times in this game.

I feel like the rushing attack was there. Taylor just loved his empty sets though.
Reply/Quote
Hmm, after a bit of thought, I disagree with the OP. As long as he was able, Joe Burrow deserved to continue to fight to the bitter end.

He's going to face this team twice a year, for his duration as our QB.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:15 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: I feel like the rushing attack was there. Taylor just loved his empty sets though.

That is also the formation that Burrow is most comfortable in if I recall correctly.

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:29 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: That is also the formation that Burrow is most comfortable in if I recall correctly.

It is. But when its not working, then stop going to it so frequently. I don’t know that I have ever watched a Bengals game where they didn’t convert a single
1st down.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, after a bit of thought, I disagree with the OP. As long as he was able, Joe Burrow deserved to continue to fight to the bitter end.

He's going to face this team twice a year, for his duration as our QB.

I feel the same... rookies need to make mistakes and watch the tape. He will learn from this. I think when you have a kid as motivated to win as he is, this will pay dividends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:13 PM)Synric Wrote: You cannot run for first downs on a first down then go empty sets 3 times in a row. They did that several times in this game.

Think they only ran it about 10 times in the first 50-ish minutes.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This exclusive empty set is irritating;can somebody let this clown know he's coaching in the afc north??you build your team according to the division your playing against..I hope we get rid of this guy I personally don't think he's qualified..
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:06 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: What do you expect from a coach whose record is 4-20-1? 

4-20 I will smoke to that.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2020, 11:47 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Think they only ran it about 10 times in the first 50-ish minutes.

It's not even completely about attempts they didnt even show run. 

I dont mind the offense mixing in empty sets but you still have to mix in Play action and RPO especially when the RBs are getting 10 yards on first down.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote