Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Zac Taylor says Eli Apple is still going to start

This man is a clown
Reply/Quote
I don't know. I certainly would prefer not to depend on Apple as the starter. But he had been improving atleast to the point of not being a glaring weakness. His bad plays in the Cleveland game I blame more on Lou than anyone and on the Peoples-Jones touchdown other players could've played it better. I know Awuzie said he was supposed to help deep in that coverage.
Reply/Quote
Didn't even know we got Hargreaves...
Reply/Quote
An Apple a day keeps the shutouts away.

In all seriousness, I don't think Apple has been quite as bad as some claim. The mistakes he does make, though, tend to be aggregious.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 08:04 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: An Apple a day keeps the shutouts away.

In all seriousness, I don't think Apple has been quite as bad as some claim.  The mistakes he does make, though, tend to be aggregious.

Truth. He is just so inconsistent. One game he looks very good and the next, tuuurrible.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 07:19 PM)Trademark Wrote:
This man is a clown

What makes him a clown?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 08:42 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: What makes him a clown?

Red nose, face paint, starting Eli Apple, giant oversized red shoes.... all of these are symptoms of being a clown.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 09:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Red nose, face paint, starting Eli Apple, giant oversized red shoes.... all of these are symptoms of being a clown.

This got a laugh out of me, thanks.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 08:04 PM)ElkValleyBengal Wrote: An Apple a day keeps the shutouts away.

In all seriousness, I don't think Apple has been quite as bad as some claim. The mistakes he does make, though, tend to be aggregious.

Opposing QBs have completed 31/48 (64.6%) for 347 yards, 2 TDs and a 99.9 passer rating.

He's played 91% of the defensive snaps, yet only has 3 pass deflections and 0 picks.

Abysmal PFF grade of 46.4. He's a liability. He'd be OK depth though. Just shouldn't be starting the guy. Ideally, anyway.

(11-18-2021, 09:44 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Red nose, face paint, starting Eli Apple, giant oversized red shoes.... all of these are symptoms of being a clown.

Starting Apple is yet another dork move by king dork.

Some will remember what I'm talking about. LOL
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Eli Apple isn't good and most NFL backups are backups for a reason. Waynes is the only injury to a starter we've had and were paying for it which happens across the NFL. The coaches aren't dumb if there was a better option at CB they would be playing. Those who want Hargreaves, he's only been on the team for a week and he's on the same career path as Eli Apple. Hargreaves was the 11th pick of the draft and was a bust in Tampa like Apple the 10th pick for New York. Houston is terrible with no young talent Hargreaves is on a cheap deal why would they cut him if he was any good ? Hargreaves will be bouncing around the league just like Apple.
Reply/Quote
To be fair, Apple is only starting because of Waynes continually getting sand in his vagina.

Seriously, though, my guess is that Hargreaves or Flowers probably haven't shown to be better than Apple in practice (which says something) but I trust that if either shows to be better during games, they'll get the nod over Apple if Waynes continues to sit on the bench with tummy boo boos (I honestly forget what his actual injury is).
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 12:48 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Opposing QBs have completed 31/48 (64.6%) for 347 yards, 2 TDs and a 99.9 passer rating.

He's played 91% of the defensive snaps, yet only has 3 pass deflections and 0 picks.

Abysmal PFF grade of 46.4. He's a liability. He'd be OK depth though. Just shouldn't be starting the guy. Ideally, anyway.

Starting Apple is yet another dork move by king dork.

Some will remember what I'm talking about. LOL

Yes, it was an epic post from Nickslycat.

Quote:Pros:

Honestly,  can’t think of one.

Cons:

Bypassed all nfl norms.  100% of new coaches proved themselves as a OC/DC or a great college coach.
The dork did not.
Accepted this OL as acceptable.  Dork move.
Out coached at every conceivable level.  Dork.
Drafted Drew Sample in the 2nd round.  Dork move.
Agreed to franchise Green,  Dork move.
Ran 5 wide 30% of the time with the worst OL in the league.  Dork move.
Got the crown jewel hurt.  Dork move.
Cried in his final press conference.  Dork move.
Wears his shirts 2 sizes to small.  Dork move.
If he didn’t find his wife in high school, he would still be a virgin.  King Dork.
Offense finished 30 th in passing, offensive genius,NOT.  Dork.
Are the Bengals better now then 2 years ago?  Fukk no.  Dork.
Is there any hope?  Dork.
Will he be back?  Yes.  Only in Bungleland.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2021, 08:10 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Truth. He is just so inconsistent. One game he looks very good and the next, tuuurrible.

There's a reason that Eli has been cut by 3 other teams in a 5 year career.   

That reaolly doesnt say much good about him.  

The truly sad thing is when he left Ohio State, i truly believe he was a star CB. 

The dude was a stud at Ohio State.  Then got the NFL and instead of a stud became a dud. 

Not sure if he figured he'd gotten paid and just said f*** it...but something happened to cause a fall off. 
Reply/Quote
This wouldn't be a problem if Trae Waynes could play more than two games since the beginning of 2020.
As much as I dislike Apple starting, Waynes was supposed to be the starter. Apple was depth.
Dear Bengals, please cut bait with Waynes and get a new CB in the offseason that we can have confidence in both actually playing in games but also playing well.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 11:22 AM)PhilHos Wrote: To be fair, Apple is only starting because of Waynes continually getting sand in his vagina.

Seriously, though, my guess is that Hargreaves or Flowers probably haven't shown to be better than Apple in practice (which says something) but I trust that if either shows to be better during games, they'll get the nod over Apple if Waynes continues to sit on the bench with tummy boo boos (I honestly forget what his actual injury is).

Right hamstring
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So who’s starting over him?

No one else in the team has enough reps outside Phillips and every time he’s in the field bad things happen.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 11:27 AM)TJ528 Wrote: There's a reason that Eli has been cut by 3 other teams in a 5 year career.   

Apple has never been cut.

He was traded by Giants.

Played out contract with Saints and became free agent.

Signed one year contract with Panthers and got injured.

I'd like to see Phillips get a shot, but since he was publicly critical of the coaches last year I doubt he will get a chance.
Reply/Quote
Not really anyone's fault that our true starter Waynes continues to get hurt and can't play. Eli Apple is the backup. I highly doubt Flowers gives you that much more upside, especially since he was just brought in.

Sometimes shit happens.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 12:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Apple has never been cut.

https://www.panthers.com/news/panthers-release-cornerback-eli-apple

The Saints also turned down his option. Not quite a cut, but pretty close.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2021, 03:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Not really anyone's fault that our true starter Waynes continues to get hurt and can't play. Eli Apple is the backup. I highly doubt Flowers gives you that much more upside, especially since he was just brought in.

Sometimes shit happens.

Free money Waynes bruh. Making sure the trainers have no idea what’s really wrong with him complaining about his leg while grabbing his chest.

All about them free paychecks.
Reply/Quote