Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor says there’s a long way to go before deciding who to draft
Nothing to here here, typical coach bs. Though the lover of chaos in me has to admit it would be interesting to see the deluge of sour grape-ing that would occur the second we passed on him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 06:16 PM)pally Wrote: Sorry Zac, Jeff Ruby has already named a steak for Joe.  In Cincinnati, that's as close to official as you can get

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 08:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nothing to here here, typical coach bs.  Though the lover of chaos in me has to admit it would be interesting to see the deluge of sour grape-ing that would occur the second we passed on him.

What are you? A frickin' Satanist or something?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 08:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What are you? A frickin' Satanist or something?

I'm from Pittsburgh and I chose to be a Bengals fan, I'm all sorts of crazy. I also own all of Art Garfunkel's solo albums and only a handful of Paul Simon's.
Reply/Quote
IF Taylor came out and said that they have already made up their mind and are drafting Burrow, the media would lose their minds.

"Typical Bengals, didn't even scout other players, blah, blah blah"
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 07:30 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Jeff Ruby's is extremely good.  Best steak you can get in the greater Cincinnati area IMO.  It's not cheap but it is very good and worth the price.   So if you make it to the area some time check it out.  

I'll be sure to do that. I've never been to Cincinnati but I actually aim to be there for a home game this year, I'll have to remember to eat there wearing my Burrow jersey I plan to get as soon as he gets drafted Tongue
Reply/Quote
If he doesnt draft Burrow he will be run out of town on the fast track lol.
Reply/Quote
Has any NFL HC who has the No:1 overall pick ever came out in mid January and told the media who they were picking 3 months before the draft?
If he came out and said that we are taking Joe, when it comes to trading Dalton we would get nothing for him.
If Joe gets a major injury, It could piss other players off as they would see themselves as second choice and we are only drafting them because of the injury.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 04:42 PM)J24 Wrote: He's 10 strokes up on the last of masters with only a few holes left. Hes pretty much the pick unless something unforeseen happens.

Mike Brown
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 06:42 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: Has any NFL HC who has the No:1 overall pick ever came out in mid January and told the media who they were picking 3 months before the draft?
If he came out and said that we are taking Joe, when it comes to trading Dalton we would get nothing for him.
If Joe gets a major injury, It could piss other players off as they would see themselves as second choice and we are only drafting them because of the injury.

Yep

ZT isn't going to go around burning bridges 3 months before the draft. As has been said, it's 100% coach speak.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 09:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm from Pittsburgh and I chose to be a Bengals fan, I'm all sorts of crazy.  I also own all of Art Garfunkel's solo albums and only a handful of Paul Simon's.

Are you posting from a padded room by chance?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 09:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm from Pittsburgh and I chose to be a Bengals fan, I'm all sorts of crazy.  I also own all of Art Garfunkel's solo albums and only a handful of Paul Simon's.

Just the opposite, love Simon & Garfunkel or solo Simon but not much on Garfunkel solo. 

In fact when I was about 13 joined the Columbia house records, you know the deal 12 records for a penny. If you are old anyway. 

First month I went on vacation with parents and learned the valuable lesson about being forced to buy record of the month if card is not returned promptly. Returned from Florida to find brand new Art Garfunkel album and a $15 bill owed. Was so mad I had to pay for that record that I disliked. 

Anyway, believe it was coach speak as well. Believe the main reason was to not make Dalton's stock crash further before trade. 

If they know you think he sux then it will be used in negotiations against you.  

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 08:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Nothing to here here, typical coach bs.  Though the lover of chaos in me has to admit it would be interesting to see the deluge of sour grape-ing that would occur the second we passed on him.

No no, you have to imagine the sour graping that would take place if he went to another team and went on to have a HOF career.  It'd be a level of saltiness that could melt the ice caps.
Reply/Quote
So I wikipedia Burrow since I dont follow College to see what he had done the last few seasons in college before this one and the difference is huge.
He only played 5 games each in 2 yrs at Ohio and really started QB at LSU having 2 full seasons there. Last season was good, this season he blew it off the charts. His QB rating and pct are way above the rest in every single season which is very encouraging. Then Ross came into mind when we drafted him and realized he also had a blow out his last year, so i checked his stats:
Games yrds TD
2014 Washington 13 17 371 4
2015 Washington Medical redshirt
2016 Washington 13 81 1,150 17

I still want Burrow but I guess some players might play better to the college game than the NFL.
Then I went to see Ryan Leaf's wikipedia to see how the guy fell of the NFL and looks like that guy was doomed from the beginning.

Burrow is the best candidate hands down. GO Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 12:02 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Are you posting from a padded room by chance?

Nah his stuff is pretty good. Breakaway and Watermark are legit albums, if nothing else. 

Anywho Burrow otter be good.
Reply/Quote

Does this put everyone at ease?
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 11:09 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Mike Brown

One thing about Mike Brown is he has a massive hardon for “bell cow QB’s”
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 03:01 PM)jmahon316 Wrote:

Does this put everyone at ease?

The Jeff Ruby did it for me. Just more confirmation here.

Joe Burrow WILL be a Bengal. Lets just put some good Lineman and weapons around him. Should be fun.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 12:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Just the opposite, love Simon & Garfunkel or solo Simon but not much on Garfunkel solo. 

In fact when I was about 13 joined the Columbia house records, you know the deal 12 records for a penny. If you are old anyway. 

First month I went on vacation with parents and learned the valuable lesson about being forced to buy record of the month if card is not returned promptly. Returned from Florida to find brand new Art Garfunkel album and a $15 bill owed. Was so mad I had to pay for that record that I disliked. 

Anyway, believe it was coach speak as well. Believe the main reason was to not make Dalton's stock crash further before trade. 

If they know you think he sux then it will be used in negotiations against you.  

Should have learned the second lesson , which was - if you just ignored the 'demand' to buy more records notices, they simply went away.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Yeah typical Head Coach talk here. He's hardly going to say 'we're drafting Joe Burrow' this far ahead of the draft. To be honest it would be dumb for a talent evaluation staff not to do the required homework on all of these guys anyway. Imagine they have been all year, but no need to go ahead months before the draft and tell the rest of the league what you're up to, obvious as it may be.
Reply/Quote