Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac Taylor says there’s a long way to go before deciding who to draft
(01-19-2020, 12:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Just the opposite, love Simon & Garfunkel or solo Simon but not much on Garfunkel solo. 

In fact when I was about 13 joined the Columbia house records, you know the deal 12 records for a penny. If you are old anyway.

First month I went on vacation with parents and learned the valuable lesson about being forced to buy record of the month if card is not returned promptly. Returned from Florida to find brand new Art Garfunkel album and a $15 bill owed. Was so mad I had to pay for that record that I disliked. 

Anyway, believe it was coach speak as well. Believe the main reason was to not make Dalton's stock crash further before trade. 

If they know you think he sux then it will be used in negotiations against you.  

Oh yes I remember them. IIRC I got fourteen 8 tracks for like $1.01 back in 1977 or so. They gave you a bonus free selection plus you could select your 1st of the 6 you had to purchase over the 2 year period or whatever ? For a dollar Kiss Alive 2 was one of my selections I believe.

And yes I'd say they're going to send AD off as best they can just out of respect to him and to get as much as they can.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 03:08 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: One thing about Mike Brown is he has a massive hardon for “bell cow QB’s”

Maybe they embody the son he always wanted but never had???  
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2020, 04:33 PM)Trademark Wrote: Bengals head coach Zac Taylor told Geoff Hobson of the team’s website that he’s been duly impressed after watching Monday’s title game, but you could sense that Taylor didn’t want to turn in the card for the first overall pick just yet.

“We’ve started the process of evaluating him,” Taylor said. “We certainly have a long way to go before making decisions on what we’re doing with the first pick. That’s been exciting. We’re not preparing for an opponent, so we have a chance to jump into the actual film work for all the position groups. . . .

“It was impressive. There’s no doubt. I’d like to make sure we’re a little more thorough on our film evaluation with a lot of guys before we start making statements on players. But certainly he had an impressive year.”

Of course, the Bengals have a veteran quarterback under contract at the moment, a guy who has started plenty of games for them in the past, so Taylor had to be careful not to slight Andy Dalton while everyone’s excited about the new guy who isn’t there yet.

“He’s under contract and he’s a guy that we really like and feel strongly about,” Taylor said of Dalton. “That’s where we’re at right now.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/01/17/zac-taylor-on-joe-burrow-long-way-to-go-before-making-decisions/amp/

I have a feeling the Bengals will screw this up and trade the pick or draft someone else

i think they are just not allowed to say before they turn in their card
Reply/Quote
Just coach speak. There's no way we go with anyone else but Burrow at #1. I also don't see them trading the pick. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
and from a member of the peanut gallery who is still close to Brown and Tobin. Or he could be blowing smoke

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Justin Herbert #1OA??

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2020, 12:12 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Just the opposite, love Simon & Garfunkel or solo Simon but not much on Garfunkel solo. 

In fact when I was about 13 joined the Columbia house records, you know the deal 12 records for a penny. If you are old anyway. 

First month I went on vacation with parents and learned the valuable lesson about being forced to buy record of the month if card is not returned promptly. Returned from Florida to find brand new Art Garfunkel album and a $15 bill owed. Was so mad I had to pay for that record that I disliked. 

Anyway, believe it was coach speak as well. Believe the main reason was to not make Dalton's stock crash further before trade. 

If they know you think he sux then it will be used in negotiations against you.  
I'm a dead beat. I never paid my Columbia House bill. When they called i told them to come to my house and pick up their junk records in person and I'd gladly pay them. They didn't so I didn't.
I know...You all paid to carry my dead beat ass all the way through the Columbia House years.. .... Suckers! Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 11:39 AM)pally Wrote: and from a member of the peanut gallery who is still close to Brown and Tobin. Or he could be blowing smoke

Does PA purposely stir shit up like this?

"I'm a pretty solid source."

Yeah and you're humble/modest too.

Never had an issue with his attitude when he was our coach, because, well, guys with power will powertrip.

But dude, **** off. You have nothing to do with the team anymore, nor will you ever.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 11:49 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Does PA purposely stir shit up like this?

Never had an issue with his attitude when he was our coach, because, well, guys with power will powertrip.

But dude, **** off. You have nothing to do with the team anymore, nor will you ever.

not really...a majority of his twitter feed is analysis of blocking techniques

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 11:49 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Does PA purposely stir shit up like this?

Nothing says relevance like getting fired by two teams in a row.. ThumbsUp  You just know the super bowl winner is gonna be clamoring for him to coach their Oline next year.. ThumbsUp

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Of course they are looking at Herbert. They have to know if they want him or not should JB get in a car wreck and lose both legs.....
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 12:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Of course they are looking at Herbert. They have to know if they want him or not should JB get in a car wreck and lose both legs.....

Then you take Chase Young or gamble on Tua. Herbert is not good enough to go 1st overall.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 12:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Then you take Chase Young or gamble on Tua. Herbert is not good enough to go 1st overall.

While I wholeheartedly agree, the same was said about Mayfield.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 12:12 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: While I wholeheartedly agree, the same was said about Mayfield.

Correct but the shit stains may have been the only team who felt that way...
Reply/Quote
Maybe they have inside information that both Burrow and Young have been engaged in extremely risky off field behavior like unprotected sex whilst bungee jumping from high places using only thin rubber bands..and it's being kept a secret from everyone except the bengals Ninja

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 12:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Then you take Chase Young or gamble on Tua. Herbert is not good enough to go 1st overall.

You would NEVER with a right mind gamble on Tua with the #1 pick. I have little brothers more physical than he is not to mention he's injured all the time.
Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 11:39 AM)pally Wrote: and from a member of the peanut gallery who is still close to Brown and Tobin.  Or he could be blowing smoke

Just came here to post this......that guy is SO full of himself. Just looking to stay relevant. I hope. Nervous

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 12:18 PM)higgy100 Wrote: You would NEVER with a right mind gamble on Tua with the #1 pick. I have little brothers more physical than he is not to mention he's injured all the time.

Rather gamble on Tua, especially since he could sit for a year behind Dalton, than reach on Herbert. You want Herbert that bad trade back.

Anyway, this is insanity. Burrow is the pick.

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 12:19 PM)Wyche Wrote: Just came here to post this......that guy is SO full of himself. Just looking to stay relevant. I hope. Nervous

Inside source from the Heinz ketchup company in Pittsburgh.. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(01-24-2020, 12:21 PM)grampahol Wrote: Inside source from the Heinz ketchup company in Pittsburgh.. Hilarious

LMAO LMAO LMAO LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote