Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac has to give up playcalling
1.He's not going to give up play calling. The Bengals won 10 of their last 11 games. That doesn't warrent drastic changes.

2. The CBS crew praised his use of timeouts
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:20 AM)Wyche Wrote: Funny .....Phil Simms said at the half, if you want a clinic on how to manage your timeouts at the end of the half, watch what the Bengals did.

Yet here, we get fans bashing him for it. LOL

Simms is an idiot... AND WRONG!
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:30 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I honestly think he handled the late 1st half about as good as you can. Our guys had some chances to get out of bounds and couldn’t and I thought the refs botched Perines spot.

Halfway through the season I would have agreed, but he’s been great since then. We really need to find our explosiveness again though. I can’t remember the last time we had a quick score. I know teams aren’t giving it to us, but we need to try and marry them next year.

Botched spots all game. Why?
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
People still complaining about Zac Taylor should probably give up being fans..... KC did not win that game, the zebras gave it to them. Mulligans, and they allowed KC's line to hold like they were Pissburgh. This was Goodell's revenge for the comments by Taylor and Burrow, which made him look like the fool he is. They have been screwing the Bengals since the first Bills game. This is the last play of the game before the field goal. Anyone see anything wrong here?  #boycottthesuperbowl needs to be trending.

[Image: Gm8cDSfl.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 09:54 AM)Big Boss Wrote: 2nd and 3, we throw it deep.  

I will never understand it.

They three one deep on 4th down and it was a big play to Chase.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: People still complaining about Zac Taylor should probably give up being fans..... KC did not win that game, the zebras gave it to them. Mulligans, and they allowed KC's line to hold like they were Pissburgh. This was Goodell's revenge for the comments by Taylor and Burrow, which made him look like the fool he is. They have been screwing the Bengals since the first Bills game. This is the last play of the game before the field goal. Anyone see anything wrong here?  #boycottthesuperbowl needs to be trending.

There's somehow solice in feeling like games are rigged against us? <-- How is that a reason to keep being a fan?
Reply/Quote
PFF says 9 pressures and 3 sacks on Adeniji and 7 pressures on Scharpling start there first
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:46 AM)Science Friction Wrote: Simms is an idiot... AND WRONG!

Well, I was wrong, it was Boomer, so.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:14 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The 2nd and 3, 2 failed bombs will stick out.

I remember with 50ish seconds remaining we called a timeout while we were in bounds around our 40. I thought that was a bad idea, kC still had time outs make them try to use them, we were about to get into FG range. That time management was interesting.

I think almost every NFL team has "boneheaded decisions" that helped result in their loss
, unless it's a eagles/49ers drubbing. We almost lost to the Ravens because Harbaugh is a better coach. Stefanski makes some similar confusing decisions to Zac when I've watched the Browns play.

This is true and I thought of this as I was making the post. I just think Taylor has continually made the same mistakes. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:57 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: PFF says 9 pressures and 3 sacks on Adeniji and 7 pressures on Scharpling start there first

Sharping got exposed, we already knew Adeniji is not that great.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: People still complaining about Zac Taylor should probably give up being fans..... KC did not win that game, the zebras gave it to them. Mulligans, and they allowed KC's line to hold like they were Pissburgh. This was Goodell's revenge for the comments by Taylor and Burrow, which made him look like the fool he is. They have been screwing the Bengals since the first Bills game. This is the last play of the game before the field goal. Anyone see anything wrong here?  #boycottthesuperbowl needs to be trending.

I saw this too. Goodberry says BJ Hill did a rip move which they won't call holding when the defender does that move. 

Stop being fans because we question the coach? I knew going into this game it was going to be on our offense. If they could be decently effective they probably win this game. They struggled mightily and they lost a close one. They're were several play calls / game management decisions that hurt us. Zac is the one who is in charge of these things so he should take the blame. 

I'm not saying he's a bad coach or that he shouldn't be involved with the offensive scheme. But he has errors regularly in my opinion that's covered up more than anything by the defense. Well I think we might be in for a rude awakening when/ if we let some guys walk and we don't play at the same level on defense. Then the offense will have to win us games. I'm not sure how many games I would say the offense won us this year but I can probably count them on one hand.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:15 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I saw this too. Goodberry says BJ Hill did a rip move which they won't call holding when the defender does that move. 

Stop being fans because we question the coach? I knew going into this game it was going to be on our offense. If they could be decently effective they probably win this game. They struggled mightily and they lost a close one. They're were several play calls / game management decisions that hurt us. Zac is the one who is in charge of these things so he should take the blame. 

I'm not saying he's a bad coach or that he shouldn't be involved with the offensive scheme. But he has errors regularly in my opinion that's covered up more than anything by the defense. Well I think we might be in for a rude awakening when/ if we let some guys walk and we don't play at the same level on defense. Then the offense will have to win us games. I'm not sure how many games I would say the offense won us this year but I can probably count them on one hand.

The plays called in the game were all matched to our o line which was getting destroyed. Taylor has ripped off a double digit win streak calling plays, we lose the AFCCG by a last minute field goal, and now people want him to give up play calling. Sorry, that's a huge over reaction. Were they calling for Andy Reid to give up play calling after last year's AFCCG when they lost the same way? Doubtful. Some narratives die hard. This one needs to die now. Taylor's play calling has gotten us to the Super Bowl last year and the AFFCG this year, all with a shitty o line last year, and 3 of 5 starters out this year. So yes, people need to ditch the Taylor is a bad play caller narrative. 
Reply/Quote
9 pressures and 3 sacks on Adenji and 7 pressures on Scharpling, an untimely punt return given up inside the last 45 seconds and a personal foul by Ossai are the story
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:15 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I saw this too. Goodberry says BJ Hill did a rip move which they won't call holding when the defender does that move. 

Honestly, if the offense showed up at all in the first quarter, we likely win the game. I'll give you that. Otherwise, they played a good enough game to win with a patchwork oline against the AFCs sack leaders.

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 08:11 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: This is gonna sound like riding the emotion of a loss and maybe it is. But made crucial mistakes at crucial times that may have cost us the game.

Two minute drive at the end of the half was flawed. He mismanaged the timeouts and I think we could've had more time to try and get a touchdown rather than 3.

Towards the end of the game we have a 7 yd 1st down run and we throw two deeper low percentage throws and punt.

Call a timeout after Hurst picks up 2 yards on the last drive. I get it we want to be aggressive. But with time expiring from our own 20 yd line your playing for overtime or forcing kc's hand to use they're timeouts.

I'm not saying he shouldn't be involved but we need to bring an OC from the outside. This defense is most likely gonna be worse next year with potential players leaving and we will be limited with the cap. The offense is gonna need to start carrying this team.

I want to blame officials and perhaps they had a factor but at the end of the day we had a chance with just a little more offense. I wasn't gonna feel bad with a hard fought lose and for the most part I don't. But I didn't want to look back at a loss that we could point to a few bone headed decisions and I'm not so sure we got that.

No this sounds like someone who doesn't know what the f**k he is talking about. Zac was masterful! Our players got out played. Next time a HC job comes up, apply for it. That out to be a few laughs...
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 09:54 AM)Big Boss Wrote: 2nd and 3, we throw it deep.  

I will never understand it.

That's probably the best time to go deep. Doing it again on 3rd and 3 however I don't get. Looked like Joe was getting pressured though. 
Reply/Quote
I’m a defense guy but I think Zac Taylor’s play calling has improved immensely. Last night was tough because with a leaky offensive like the playbook shrinks significantly.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 10:06 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I’m a huge Taylor fan. Especially after this season.

I still think he needs a traditional OC. Our offense should be much more explosive.

6 points in the first half against an average D isn’t good enough, even with the injuries to the line.

Furthermore, Burrow bails him out frequently with absolutely remarkable plays.

Love him as a man, a leader and a motivator and a HC. But a good OC with this team would have made it nearly unbeatable.

These are pretty much my thoughts on Zac. He has proved that he is a good head coach and I love the team that we have assembled. But the offense just hasn't been good enough at times. It's also gonna need to get better assuming our defense struggles a little more next year.
Reply/Quote
Playcalling is not the issue its 4 years of failed rush offense. We can't blame the "drafting bad offensive line" anymore because even the new Free Agents that were known for run blocking had a below average year.

I'm not saying fire this guy or fire that guy but I hope the FO doesn't sit on their a** and tries to fix an obvious issue.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2023, 11:43 AM)sandwedge Wrote: No this sounds like someone who doesn't know what the f**k he is talking about. Zac was masterful! Our players got out played. Next time a HC job comes up, apply for it. That out to be a few laughs...

He was masterful. So taking a timeout at your own 20yd line after Hurst gets 2yds is masterful. That game goes to overtime at least if Zac has enough sense to let the clock run or force KC to burn a timeout. 

Hey I get it we've won some playoff games. But I want to win a championship. We are not going to win either of these if the defense gets worse and the offense doesn't get better.
Reply/Quote