Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac is no Kitchens
Did anyone see the horrible play calling the Browns had against the Rams? 4th and 9 at the 40 and going for it. 1st and goal at the 5 with 3 timeouts and no run plays. I'll take Zac any day over that nonsense. Zac actually calls a good game. Yes we are 0-3, but we could have won 2 of those games. I think some people are too impatient. Kitchens will probably be gone soon. Zac deserves more time.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Who is saying he should be fired?

I know ppl are angry, but I doubt anyone actually wants him fired.

I think he’s going to be an excellent coach - in time. He needs a better supporting staff and some better players, but I think he’s got a lot of potential. Besides, he works for Mike Brown. He’s not going anywhere.l
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:28 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Did anyone see the horrible play calling the Browns had against the Rams? 4th and 9 at the 40 and going for it. 1st and goal at the 5 with 3 timeouts and no run plays. I'll take Zac any day over that nonsense. Zac actually calls a good game. Yes we are 0-3, but we could have won 2 of those games. I think some people are too impatient. Kitchens will probably be gone soon. Zac deserves more time.

Nobody's saying he shouldn't have it.  That doesn't absolve him of blame or make him immune to criticism though.  
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
You missed the clearer idiotic point of Fred Kitchens; 4th and 9 on the opposing 40 and he ran Chubbs for a 2 yarder.

I hate coaches that say "put it all on me, I can handle it, it's all my fault". No shit, with how much you're paid, you might be laughing your way home.

One of the reasons we make fun of Randy is the same reason I stereotypically don't like Kitchens, if you're fat - it's genetics, or it's laziness. Is laziness a good quality in a sports player/coach? Yeah, working out sucks and sometimes it's no fun, but I definitely think clearer after getting blood circulating. Would Randy be fat if he was trying to be the best kicker ever? FOr how much they're paid we expect them to combine their talent with work ethic, but maybe we're wrong, maybe Randy practices kicks 10,000 times a day and he's at his potential.

Don't worry, Fred represents CLE well though. Lots of fat drunk ugly men and women over here.

Either way, 1-2 is better than 0-3. Mike Brown gave a 20 mile long leash to marvin lewis, it's probably easier for him to sit back and count his cash than think about firing someone. The "we could have" and "we should have" used to be reserved for CLE, they'd always mess the game up at the end and that's why they were at the bottom of the division, now it's our turn lol.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 04:28 AM)guyofthetiger Wrote: Did anyone see the horrible play calling the Browns had against the Rams? 4th and 9 at the 40 and going for it. 1st and goal at the 5 with 3 timeouts and no run plays. I'll take Zac any day over that nonsense. Zac actually calls a good game. Yes we are 0-3, but we could have won 2 of those games. I think some people are too impatient. Kitchens will probably be gone soon. Zac deserves more time.

Completely different rosters and situations.  ZT will be here a while.  I am not sure about his DC, but he deserves a chance.  

I know everyone wants immediate results but right now and for the near future, ZT is to us what Hue was to the Browns...and they had no talent under Hue and as they stripped what little talent they did have Hue was the fall guy.  I don't think they will do that to ZT here.  Not their style.  The Browns?  Absolutely their style.  
Reply/Quote
Indeed, 1-2 is better than 0-3, but Cleveland has been awful thus far; the Jets hung around until the stop on 4th and 2, then they fell apart and made the score NOT indicative of what actually happened in that game.

Otherwise, the Rams were in control of the game last night and Tennessee was I control from the Henry screen pass and on; the Browns are absolutely NOT a good team, despite the wealth of talent they have in spots.

Not to mention, Mayfield is clearly the most overrated player in the league right now; he had another terrible game last night and was only successful on quick slants, due to either guessing right or flukily taking advantage of a zone breakdown by the Rams.

When NOT passing on those quick released, he 2as something like 4-19, 40 yard and a pick.

If you're being anointed and you can't adjust to the pressure, then you aren't a good player,
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 07:18 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Who is saying he should be fired?

I know ppl are angry, but I doubt anyone actually wants him fired.

I think he’s going to be an excellent coach - in time. He needs a better supporting staff and some better players, but I think he’s got a lot of potential. Besides, he works for Mike Brown. He’s not going anywhere.l

I believe he can be a good coach not sure if zac was ready for HC and OC duties when he had never been an OC before.    but its a growing season I guess
Reply/Quote

Now everyone remember, We are going to be the FRESHEST TEAM ON SUNDAYS,we are going to be the FASTEST TEAM ON SUNDAYS, and we are going out there and TAKE WHATS OURS. Now remember its a NEW DEY!!!! REALLY!!!!! To accomplish this Mr Zac Taylor,you first need a real QB.Andy Dalton is simply awlful,he stinks and needs to ride the bench,and please put Finley in lets go. Or Better yet,please forfeit the season and get your 1st round QB. This franchise needs 10 1st rounders on both sides of the ball,believe that.The players on this team are not that good and many of them need to go.And all the fans on here know who they are.Andy Dalton is NOT A LEADER,HE IS A LOSER LOSER LOSER.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 08:17 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You missed the clearer idiotic point of Fred Kitchens; 4th and 9 on the opposing 40 and he ran Chubbs for a 2 yarder.

I hate coaches that say "put it all on me, I can handle it, it's all my fault". No shit, with how much you're paid, you might be laughing your way home.

One of the reasons we make fun of Randy is the same reason I stereotypically don't like Kitchens, if you're fat - it's genetics, or it's laziness. Is laziness a good quality in a sports player/coach? Yeah, working out sucks and sometimes it's no fun, but I definitely think clearer after getting blood circulating. Would Randy be fat if he was trying to be the best kicker ever? FOr how much they're paid we expect them to combine their talent with work ethic, but maybe we're wrong, maybe Randy practices kicks 10,000 times a day and he's at his potential.

Don't worry, Fred represents CLE well though. Lots of fat drunk ugly men and women over here.

Either way, 1-2 is better than 0-3. Mike Brown gave a 20 mile long leash to marvin lewis, it's probably easier for him to sit back and count his cash than think about firing someone. The "we could have" and "we should have" used to be reserved for CLE, they'd always mess the game up at the end and that's why they were at the bottom of the division, now it's our turn lol.

ZTs ,message is following on deaf ears and dumb players and guys that are not that good.So many of these morons needs to go.We need a lot of new 1st rounders to be a good team.Here we go again,another losing season and pitt will just kill us on Monday night,believe that,Their rook qb is the real deal and he will outplay stupid Dalton all night.I hate pitt.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 08:17 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You missed the clearer idiotic point of Fred Kitchens; 4th and 9 on the opposing 40 and he ran Chubbs for a 2 yarder.

Last time I checked those not so skinny dudes  Bill Belichick, Andy Reid, and Sean Peyton were damn good coaches despite their apparent "laziness"  I will bet you $1000 that Randy Bullock is in better shape than you are and works out far harder than you do.  He is built like a lot of guys...like a square with powerful legs.  The odds of him being able to kick 10 yards further by dropping 10lbs is highly unlikely

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:06 AM)pally Wrote: Last time I checked those not so skinny dudes  Bill Belichick, Andy Reid, and Sean Peyton were damn good coaches despite their apparent "laziness"  I will bet you $1000 that Randy Bullock is in better shape than you are and works out far harder than you do.  He is built like a lot of guys...like a square with powerful legs.  The odds of him being able to kick 10 yards further by dropping 10lbs is highly unlikely

Regardless,you cannot miss fieldgoals and expect to win.
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 10:13 AM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Regardless,you cannot miss fieldgoals and expect to win.

that is a whole other issue.  Missing field goals at the professional level may be attributed to a myriad of causes none of which is "laziness"

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

3rd and 10 and Zac called a 1 yard WR screen. I'd say they make equally questionable calls if we're going to nitpick single plays.

You neglect to mention that we had 0-3, but calls for ZT could be equally 2nd guessed to get to a 2-1 record.

I like how losing by 4 and 1 are basically wins.

We also had 0 1st downs against the Bills in the 1st half. How many teams win when that happens?
Reply/Quote

This stupid shit again? There’s been plenty of great coaches that are overweight. The guy in KC right now comes to mind.

Anyway...I agree with the OP. I like Taylor a lot better than Kitchens so far. With all the weapons the Browns have on offense it’s on him when they struggle since he’s calling the plays. I will say that their OL was also a problem last night though.

Reply/Quote
The Browns clearly let the wrong coach go.

They're just as predictable in their ineptitude as we are.
Reply/Quote
Atleast we're not the Browns...STILL rings true.

Although, they might finish with a better record. I'm not sold on Mayfield being a franchise level QB.
Reply/Quote
Try not to bash the clowns too much i'm rooting for them to win Sunday.so we are only a game out of first by Tuesday
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 11:37 AM)Big Boss Wrote: The Browns clearly let the wrong coach go.  

They're just as predictable in their ineptitude as we are.

Yep. After what Gregg Williams did, it's a shame they went the route they did.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. After what Gregg Williams did, it's a shame they went the route they did.

Right?  I mean for ****'s sake.  Had he coached the entire season, he might've had that 2018 team in the playoffs as a wild card.  Why on Earth would you let that guy go? 
Reply/Quote
(09-23-2019, 01:45 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Yep. After what Gregg Williams did, it's a shame they went the route they did.

I never understood why they did that either. 

Plus did anyone notice the what Kitchens was wearing last night? It was big hoodie sweatshirt with 'Dawg Pound' on it. Something you could get at  Walmart or something lol.

If Taylor comes out and wears something with 'The Jungle' on it, I am done.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote