Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac looked like he was done
Have to say that today for the first time in his interview after the game, Zac looked like he was done.
I've saw most of his previous interviews after games and he always still sounded like he believed he could turn this round but not today.
I honestly don't think it will be long before he is gone, I don't think he will get fired but I honestly think he will walk
Reply/Quote
Nobody walks away from a job that pays millions. Not without having another job lined up with comparable pay.

He's here until his contract is up or he's fired.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 03:48 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: Have to say that today for the first time in his interview after the game, Zac looked like he was done.
I've saw most of his previous interviews after games and he always still sounded like he believed he could turn this round but not today.
I honestly don't think it will be long before he is gone, I don't think he will get fired but I honestly think he will walk

What you saw is a man defeated by his incompetency.
Like an exasperated parent where the 6 yr old doesnt listen to the parent, creates chaos and is regressing instead of progressing.
That is where Zac is right at this moment.
It is not pretty.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 09:41 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: What you saw is a man defeated by his incompetency.
Like an exasperated parent where the 6 yr old doesnt listen to the parent, creates chaos and is regressing instead of progressing.
That is where Zac is right at this moment.
It is not pretty.

Yep. It's the ultimate 'Fake it until you make it' failure story.

He thought he'd come in and be able to overcome everything with this organization and win. Honestly, with Burrow and the free agency, I thought he'd squeeze out 6-7 wins.

Burrow getting his knee shredded was basically the worst thing that could happen this year. 0-16 would have been better than that in many ways.
Reply/Quote
Until this franchise takes a serious look in the right direction and follows suit with a lot of other successful franchises. Mike Brown needs to step down, Duke Tobin needs to take a hike, Katie needs to just concentrate on marketing for the team. We need a real General Manager, Team Scouts, Draft Analyst, Better Practice Field, Facilities, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Head Coach and Coordinator's. I know this asking so much. I have been a fan for over 30years. This franchise needs to get with the times and hold themselves and everyone in that building accountable for there actions. You have to spend money to make money also to bring in success. But it starts with a good foundation and principles are the building blocks for success. I know they spent a lot of money in free agency. But we have to have the ace's in places to make all of this work. This is the only way we could make a real a difference.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:46 PM)Bengalsfanz Wrote: Until this franchise takes a serious look in the right direction and follows suit with a lot of other successful franchises. Mike Brown needs to step down, Duke Tobin needs to take a hike, Katie needs to just concentrate on marketing for the team. We need a real General Manager, Team Scouts, Draft Analyst, Better Practice Field, Facilities, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Head Coach and Coordinator's. I know this asking so much. I have been a fan for over 30years. This franchise needs to get with the times and hold themselves and everyone in that building accountable for there actions. You have to spend money to make money also to bring in success. But it starts with a good foundation and principles are the building blocks for success. I know they spent a lot of money in free agency. But we have to have the ace's in places to make all of this work. This is the only way we could make a real a difference.

If they'd hire a competent GM and more scouts that would go a long way.

I read there are Coach and GM Search firms that do searches for you. I think that might be a good fit here.
Reply/Quote
Methinks Duke Tobin is in the "untouchables" category.
Reply/Quote
Zac needs to be done.
The draft position is basically locked now, as the Bengals are 1.5 games out of 2nd draft spot and 1.5 games ahead of the 4th spot.
Given PIT wants to make sure they hold onto the division and BAL is trying to make sure they make a wildcard, they both will likely beat the Bengals, which would lock the 3rd spot.

No reason to keep this whole staff for the remainder of the season. There's nothing positive to be gained at this point.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 01:51 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Methinks Duke Tobin is in the "untouchables" category.

To me, that's more depressing than the possibility that Zac comes back next year.  Tobin needs to go and be replaced.  
Reply/Quote
This organization HAS to believe that they can do better than 4-23-1.
Reply/Quote
He looked defeated and out of answers on the sideline yesterday. You could see that through the mask.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Still some part of the problem with getting real high quality establish coaches is because of the reputation of the franchise and the way it's run. They have built a bad product for over a decade and most people do not want to be affiliated with that. That's reason some coaches saw us as a step back in there careers or just a small minor stepping stone to get there feet wet in the NFL then move on quickly. Hints why we have so many new inexperienced faces on the coaching staff and great coordinators moved on in the past. Jack Del Rio and Mike Zimmer are just some examples. I remember when we could not get top notch free agents to come play for us until this past free agency. Zach might have been the only man willing to take the job here and wanted it. Plus it does not help when Duke Tobin is doing the interviewing or picking the coaches. Taylor probably will get another because the Brown Family does not like change and Taylor is a yes man. Which will set this franchise back another probably four years.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 08:57 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Nobody walks away from a job that pays millions.  Not without having another job lined up with comparable pay.

He's here until his contract is up or he's fired.

coach contracts are fully gaurenteed hes paid the next 2 years if hes here or not...

which is why i worry he still might be
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 04:29 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: coach contracts are fully gaurenteed hes paid the next 2 years if hes here or not...

which is why i worry he still might be

Mike holds out his two hands and weighs the options.... new coach and pay two coaches at once.....   keep coach with one salary and win another 4 games in the next two years...  

he smiles and says.. "Zac is going to do some good things in Cincinnati. He's had a rough go of it so far but we believe in him"
Reply/Quote
I thought Taylor was going to be fired today, Monday at 3pm. But maybe they wait until end of year.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
(12-14-2020, 01:46 PM)Bengalsfanz Wrote: Until this franchise takes a serious look in the right direction and follows suit with a lot of other successful franchises. Mike Brown needs to step down, Duke Tobin needs to take a hike, Katie needs to just concentrate on marketing for the team. We need a real General Manager, Team Scouts, Draft Analyst, Better Practice Field, Facilities, Strength and Conditioning Coach, Head Coach and Coordinator's. I know this asking so much. I have been a fan for over 30years. This franchise needs to get with the times and hold themselves and everyone in that building accountable for there actions. You have to spend money to make money also to bring in success. But it starts with a good foundation and principles are the building blocks for success. I know they spent a lot of money in free agency. But we have to have the ace's in places to make all of this work. This is the only way we could make a real a difference.

Well stated!!!
Reply/Quote
Zac needs to resign and go back to the Southwest and
Try his luck at 6 on 6 Texas football.
Before joining the Bengals his life had been more
Successs than failures.
Grew up in a structured home. Everything handed
To him. Let's be real what adversity did he ever have
To endure in his young life pre HC of the Bengals?

Things,arent going his way now and he has no
Answer on how to overcome it.

Burrows injury exposed reality. Hes not a,NFL HC
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 04:44 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Zac needs to resign and go back to the Southwest and
Try his luck at 6 on 6 Texas football.
Before joining the Bengals his life had been more
Successs than failures.
Grew up in a structured home. Everything handed
To him. Let's be real what adversity did he ever have
To endure in his young life pre HC of the Bengals?

Things,arent going his way now and he has no
Answer on how to overcome it.

Burrows injury exposed reality. Hes not a,NFL HC

Seriously, after this stint...he'd be lucky to get a HC job in the XFL.
Reply/Quote
I get the Zac hate, as I'm maybe coming around, but Tobin and scouts ? Who didn't like this years draft? I know we've missed on some folks, like every other team mind you, but I remember prior to Tobin and our misses being more frequent. We aren't cornerbacks, we don't need the short memory.

Maybe I need ya'll to help me come around on this, too. A lot of you are much more intelligent on this stuff than me, just a fan who has some thoughts (bad ones according to many, LOL).
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2020, 02:28 PM)Bengalsfanz Wrote: Still some part of the problem with getting real high quality establish coaches is because of the reputation of the franchise and the way it's run. They have built a bad product for over a decade and most people do not want to be affiliated with that. That's reason some coaches saw us as a step back in there careers or just a small minor stepping stone to get there feet wet in the NFL then move on quickly. Hints why we have so many new inexperienced faces on the coaching staff and great coordinators moved on in the past. Jack Del Rio and Mike Zimmer are just some examples. I remember when we could not get top notch free agents to come play for us until this past free agency. Zach might have been the only man willing to take the job here and wanted it. Plus it does not help when Duke Tobin is doing the interviewing or picking the coaches. Taylor probably will get another because the Brown Family does not like change and Taylor is a yes man. Which will set this franchise back another probably four years.

We absolutely have not built a bad product for over a decade.  A decade ago, we were JUST ABOUT to launch a run into the playoffs yearly... That was nothing to shake a stick at. 

Believe it or not, there are sometimes when making crazy decisions can lead you to being called an innovator, trailblazer, etc.  It appears based on our abysmal record the last couple years that perhaps it wasn't the right call, but I wouldn't fault them for totally turning the norm upside down.  If we are afraid to fail because of change, we never will change.  I'd also say, if you're gonna fail, fail fast.  That allows us to pivot quicker.  Zac has indeed failed fast.  Should he be shown the door, it'd be hard for anyone, even the biggest zac homer (me) to defend.  I wouldn't even try.  I get it.  But I wouldn't say let's not ever do something radical again.  It can lead to great things, and it absolutely shows me that we're trying to think different.
Reply/Quote