Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac on 13 sacks in 2 games
take away 2nd half of last year an zac is 11-32-1. think about it. hes had one good half year as coach an road the defense to sb. but has been awful other than that. like really awful
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:10 PM)Wyche Wrote: I don't think it had any bearing on today's game.....or it shouldn't have. They played way more in game one than they would have in an entire preseason. 

So cramming 6 weeks work into one week is a good thing. How many college kids flunk out using this process.

It was not just preseason games he was not testing them in practice as well.
Reply/Quote
I cannot wait till we come out in bubble wrap next year during preseason.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Joe sure looked frustrated.

Let's be a little more introspective, Zac.  Why are we not "settled down?"  Why are we shooting ourselves in the foot?  Whose responsibility is that?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:50 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I don't know where Jeremy Rauch got this quote from. On Bengals.com, Taylors response was quoted as "It's all frustrating," rather than "It's not frustrating."

Specifically:

"On if it's frustrating the Burrow hasn't been given better protection in the first two games.

'It's all frustrating. We've give ourselves an opportunity to win these games against good teams, so once things settle down, I know that we're going to be a really good football team.'"

https://www.bengals.com/news/everything-the-bengals-had-to-say-after-week-2
Reply/Quote
Once Joe B is David Carr'd Out of the League things will settle down for Zac on the unemployement line

But a quick fix is hiring someone to call plays and design and offense that has a clue
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:51 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: Is he deluded? You only have a job because of him.

He thinks he's good, that's the problem. Zac Taylor thinks he is a good play caller. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: that is not totally truth.. he put this team together  and Zac did a solid job in playoffs as HC , Burrow had 4 Tds in 3 games in our playoff wins, i don;t see that is what got Zac to Super Bowl

Give it a rest with this garbage, I get so tired of people saying Zac did this or Zac did that, he didn't do sh%^, he was so bad that he was able to draft high 2 years in a row. Zac is a bottom tier coach, honestly he might be the worst in the league when you look at playcalling alone, when the Bengals don't win, the average fan can finally see it, but this has been the norm, Zac did a horrible job last year in several games, Minnesota week 1, Green Bay, and the AFC Championship as well(go back and watch the playcalling).  Hell I remember after the Minnesota WIN I was so upset I had to go lay down, I couldn't even enjoy the win, because Zac did such a dreadful job. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:04 AM)740Bengal Wrote: Give it a rest with this garbage, I get so tired of people saying Zac did this or Zac did that, he didn't do sh%^, he was so bad that he was able to draft high 2 years in a row. Zac is a bottom tier coach, honestly he might be the worst in the league when you look at playcalling alone, when the Bengals don't win, the average fan can finally see it, but this has been the norm, Zac did a horrible job last year in several games, Minnesota week 1, Green Bay, and the AFC Championship as well(go back and watch the playcalling).  Hell I remember after the Minnesota WIN I was so upset I had to go lay down, I couldn't even enjoy the win, because Zac did such a dreadful job. 

Ignore this dude,  he hates Burrow...
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 10:00 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Marvin never said anything this stupid.

Don't get carried away Marvin was worse his famous line was we just couldn't flip the field 
Reply/Quote
On pace for 111 this year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/19/joe-burrow-taking-more-sacks-than-ever-in-year-3/
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 01:08 AM)Leon Wrote: if marvin lasted 16 years with 0 po wins how long will zac get with 3  Mellow

Hmm, well Pete Carroll is still coaching at 71 so....let's see....another 32 years at least?

(09-19-2022, 09:17 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: On pace for 111 this year.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/09/19/joe-burrow-taking-more-sacks-than-ever-in-year-3/

Hmm so let's see...Burrow has been sacked 96 times in 28 games, so 3.43 sacks per game.  Ben has the most all time career sacks with 554 in 249 games which is 2.22 sacks per game.  If Burrow keeps up at this rate and plays as long as him he will have taken 854 sacks and I had to do the math on that three times before I believed it.

That'd be a lot...and I'm not even sure if this counts his playoff run with all them there sacks in it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Agree, thought the Bengals did not even try to get a first down on their last three offensive plays when they only needed 35 yds for a FC try, 

At least peoples eyes are more wide open this week and blaming the O-line instead of just Volson.

This is worrisome. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:11 AM)Tony Wrote: Ignore this dude,  he hates Burrow...

How you come up with that? Lol Joey B is my favorite player.  I hate Lac Taylor, yes Lac. 
Reply/Quote
I fully expect the team to bounce back and have a good year. The offensive line play and coaching is definitely concerning early on. I think the line will be much better in a couple of months though. We have much better oline players than last year, they just need some time to gel. The coaches need to get it together and take these losses personally in my opinion. Scheme up some better protection and some more effective ways to attack on offense.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 09:28 AM)740Bengal Wrote: How you come up with that? Lol Joey B is my favorite player.  I hate Lac Taylor, yes Lac. 

No bud, the guy you were replying to..
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2022, 09:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'm sure it is coach speak. I mean, they had a TE help Collins and had a back help chip before releasing into the route on one play. He still got beat, although Burrow got the ball out before Parsons hit him. Jonah's regression is surprising.

He got pancaked on one play by a guy half his size.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 02:10 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: So cramming 6 weeks work into one week is a good thing. How many college kids flunk out using this process.

It was not just preseason games he was not testing them in practice as well.

Nowhere did I say it was a good thing. I simply said that might've been a good excuse for week 1, but combined with TC and a full game under their belts, there was no excuse to look even worse in week 2. Do people really think playing a few series in preseason running a vanilla offense against vanilla defenses with 2nd teamers playing is better than four quarters of big boy football? 

They all practiced against the Rams too. I'm not condoning the approach, far from it, but these are veteran players, sans Volson, and they should be at least showing signs of life by week 2. Ironically, Volson did play in the preseason, and he's looking bad too. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 08:39 AM)Nepa Wrote: I don't know where Jeremy Rauch got this quote from. On Bengals.com, Taylors response was quoted as "It's all frustrating," rather than "It's not frustrating."

Specifically:

"On if it's frustrating the Burrow hasn't been given better protection in the first two games.

'It's all frustrating. We've give ourselves an opportunity to win these games against good teams, so once things settle down, I know that we're going to be a really good football team.'"

https://www.bengals.com/news/everything-the-bengals-had-to-say-after-week-2

Well, it's shitter, I mean Twitter, so.....

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 11:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He got pancaked on one play by a guy half his size.

Yes, it's very concerning.....

Reply/Quote