Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac on the o-line struggles
Watching this video from Matt Minich and other than one nice block on Gio’s screen play it makes my stomach hurt how bad Billy Price is. RG is the single biggest problem with this team right now, imo.

https://youtu.be/U8kbqtHFa0o
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 06:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How did Jonah grade out vs Philly?

Trey, Jonah and Bobby were all 61.x
Jordan was 56.0 and Price was 36.4

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 01:57 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 61.2

Trey, Jonah and Bobby were all 61.x
Jordan was 56.0 and Price was 36.4

Jesus lol

Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 02:07 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Jesus lol

Biggest bust since Ced O. Maybe even worse. I wonder how Johnson graded out. I'd guess the late 40's low 50's.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: At least he doesn't seem to think it's 'overblown' this week:

'We can't just have a free runner, a three-technique come clean every single time. That's something we got to fix right away. I don't care what play you call; you're going to have problems when you can't block a guy for a second.' 

I would like to see what they can possibly do differently with the same players and coaching staff that they already haven’t tried. 
The coaching staff has been saying offseason they really feel good about the offensive line and now they look silly through three games with the result so far. 

To fix it your going to have to bring in some good players on the right side through draft compensation. This is where the front office has to earn their pay and make something happen that isn’t going to come back and haunt them in next years draft. 
Reply/Quote
The team isn't completely sitting on their hands, with regard to the OL. They tried out a couple of OTs. Granted, nobody that we've ever heard of, but still better than completely ignoring the situation.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/29/bengals-host-players-tryouts-offensive-tackles/

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:14 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The team isn't completely sitting on their hands, with regard to the OL.  They tried out a couple of OTs.  Granted, nobody that we've ever heard of, but still better than completely ignoring the situation.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2020/09/29/bengals-host-players-tryouts-offensive-tackles/

The problem is they can do more. Giving tryouts to last years practice squad players just tells,me it's a very frugal approach.
This oline is lacking a rock steady vet ala Bobbie Williams.
Its a oline without a lineman that has a resume of playing at ahigh level for 6 plus years.
There is upgrades like Josh Kline out there
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 11:54 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: And the only change he’ll make is putting XSF back in at RG when he comes back from IR.

Zac putting his eggs in the XSF basket is a mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:30 PM)bengaloo Wrote: I think Turner should get shown the door. This is his unit, and he's the one who jumped all over Bobby Hart and spent a bunch of money on him. I know he helped figure out the run game last year, but this OL is the worst Ive seen, and in his 2nd year. Sure its the players, but its also the scheme and coaching. Undisciplined play. I dont think the OLmen even want to play for this guy. They play like they dont give a sht.

You must buy Zac this book, he is even more inept to do it than coaching.

[Image: 41xCsgOZy2L._SX322_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 09:18 PM)Nati#1 Wrote: I think Zac is afraid to fire his fellow coaches who he chose.
This is what happens when you rush things and value cronyism instead of quality...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-29-2020, 07:42 AM)Fullrock Wrote: The biggest issue on this O-line is a LOFT issue.
Lack Of F*cking Talent.
This by far one of the funniest yet truest comments in a long time...

KUDOS

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 10:17 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: At least he doesn't seem to think it's 'overblown' this week:

'We can't just have a free runner, a three-technique come clean every single time. That's something we got to fix right away. I don't care what play you call; you're going to have problems when you can't block a guy for a second.' 

Well, I still don't like the way he says this even. We need new coaches cause they clearly don't want to dominate.

This is what I want in my coach, we don't just want to get it done, we stomp people.

Doesn't seem like these guys have this in their veins at all.
Reply/Quote
Look we have faced Bosa Garrett Cox with decent complimentary pieces along each squads front 4. That we put up points is a positive sign. The competition will go down.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 03:17 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Look we have faced Bosa Garrett Cox with decent complimentary pieces along each squads front 4. That we put up points is a positive sign. The competition will go down.

Yeah those d-lines in Baltimore and Pittsburgh are bottom of the barrel...
Reply/Quote
Jacksonville has the 32nd ranked pass defense. If these tubs of lard could hold a Block for 2-3 seconds, Burrow will go for 400 and 5 tds...
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 09:28 AM)impactplaya Wrote: There is upgrades like Josh Kline out there

I have a feeling there's some medical concerns surrounding him.  It really doesn't make sense, that if he's actually healthy, that no one would have picked him up.

But if he is, then yeah why the hell not bring him in? It'd been a no-brainer.
Reply/Quote
Amazing how the Ravens can replace a future HOF in Yanda in one offseason and we cant even find a legit RG in 4 seasons
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 04:16 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Amazing how the Ravens can replace a future HOF in Yanda in one offseason and we cant even find a legit RG in 4 seasons

Scouting department.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-30-2020, 05:58 AM)bengaloo Wrote: Biggest bust since Ced O. Maybe even worse. I wonder how Johnson graded out. I'd guess the late 40's low 50's.

Second to last. 44.1

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2020, 05:12 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Second to last. 44.1

Good Lord he's awful. Here I thought I'd never seen an olineman as bad as Og. Yikes!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote