2 are in graduate school
6 of 7 will have undergraduate degree

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:08 PM)pally Wrote: 6 of 7 draft picks were team captains
3 are coach's kids
2 are in graduate school

Just shows me that last year Zac just didn't have time to prepare like this Offseason.

Love that he is focusing on great character players with leadership qualities.
Reply/Quote
3 are coach's kids
2 are in graduate school

And he also said they weren't just nice guys who were smart, etc.  They can also play.  they were looking for the combo of the two and they feel like they got just that.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
3 are coach's kids
2 are in graduate school

All traits that suggest dedication, and a willingness to commit to completing a goal.  We've tried the other route, of taking high talent red-flag guys, and that never seemed to work out.  Let's give this approach a chance, and see how it plays out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
In 2019 I remember Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock say they didn't just want to bring in talent they also wanted leaders to help rebuild their team. I'm guessing Duke, ZT, and Captian Lou are doing the same thing.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Told you Zac was underprepared last year
Reply/Quote
3 are coach's kids
2 are in graduate school

Question:

Who wasn't a team captain out of the 7 and who doesn't have their undergraduate degree?
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 05:25 PM)Synric Wrote: In 2019 I remember Jon Gruden and Mike Mayock say they didn't just want to bring in talent they also wanted leaders to help rebuild their team. I'm guessing Duke, ZT, and Captian Lou are doing the same thing.

Captain Lou??

Attached Files Image(s)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 05:35 PM)CarolinaBengalFanGuy Wrote: Question:

Who wasn't a team captain out of the 7 and who doesn't have their undergraduate degree?

Tee Higgins is the answer to both

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 06:01 PM)pally Wrote:  Tee Higgins is the answer to both

I figured, he's only 21 and was a true Junior. Hopefully he gets a chance to finish his degree later.
Reply/Quote
Your all going to laugh at this post, but with ZT drafting leaders and responsible minds speaks strongly of discipline. I mean like the H.S. Type discipline where the coach calls your house at 7:05 because you have a coach set curfew of 7pm. If you weren’t home, you didn’t play unless their was a coach approved later curfew. He is drafting focused players who want to excel. Character is everything. No attitude, no bs. If your on this team you will sacrifice those things in life that are not important to yourself, your family or the team.

Reply/Quote
He also wants players to be accountable not only to the coaches and ownership, but to each other. I told you all he was going to turn into a good coach.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 05:14 PM)McC Wrote: And he also said they weren't just nice guys who were smart, etc.  They can also play.  they were looking for the combo of the two and they feel like they got just that.

Nice guys off the field who can turn on the switch when on the field. I felt it in every player interview. These guys are well put together.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 04:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just shows me that last year Zac just didn't have time to prepare like this Offseason.

Love that he is focusing on great character players with leadership qualities.

I think Duke did most of the draft last year.  you can tell Taylor has had a much better offseason and its good to see him turn in probably one of the best drafts in 8-10 years

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 06:58 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Your all going to laugh at this post, but with ZT drafting leaders and responsible minds speaks strongly of discipline. I mean like the H.S. Type discipline where the coach calls your house at 7:05 because you have a coach set curfew of 7pm. If you weren’t home, you didn’t play unless their was a coach approved later curfew. He is drafting focused players who want to excel. Character is everything. No attitude, no bs. If your on this team you will sacrifice those things in life that are not important to yourself, your family or the team.

If your coach called you at 7:05?  That's because you were 5th on his list of troublemakers..   LOL

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This draft was why I didn't understand the "Zac is just a crappy coach because he couldn't win with Marvin's players" mentality.

He had a horrible first season. He's likely going to have a rough second season. But this draft starts his stamp on the team. Guys with physical skill, leadership and dedication.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 08:54 PM)Benton Wrote: This draft was why I didn't understand the "Zac is just a crappy coach because he couldn't win with Marvin's players" mentality.

He had a horrible first season. He's likely going to have a rough second season. But this draft starts his stamp on the team. Guys with physical skill, leadership and dedication.

Absolutely.

Last year he was probably overwhelmed. He had a ton of picks and didn’t have enough time to assess the players in the draft and team needs while also adjusting players to a new defense and offense.

I don’t believe we are winning more than like 6 games but getting 3 times as many wins than last year is a huge amount of wins.
Reply/Quote
This draft just had a different "feel" to it. It sure seems we're heading in a new direction, hopefully a good one.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 09:02 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Absolutely.

Last year he was probably overwhelmed. He had a ton of picks and didn’t have enough time to assess the players in the draft and team needs while also adjusting players to a new defense and offense.

I don’t believe we are winning more than like 6 games but getting 3 times as many wins than last year is a huge amount of wins.

I'm thinking 6-8, but I'm also thinking Andy is starting most of those. Maybe. I dunno, just a guess, really. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2020, 09:57 PM)Benton Wrote: I'm thinking 6-8, but I'm also thinking Andy is starting most of those. Maybe. I dunno, just a guess, really. 

6-8 wins sounds about right.  It will be the quality of play in those 8-10 losses that determines if we are on the right track, or not.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote