Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac's conference call
Great vid. ZT is going to be the real deal.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Well, at least he understands that the 2 wins last season wasn't good enough.

I guess with 18 hours to make up their minds they won't be taking Sample 2.0 this year.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 10:27 PM)BengalChris Wrote:
Well, at least he understands that the 2 wins last season wasn't good enough.

I guess with 18 hours to make up their minds they won't be taking Sample 2.0 this year.

He said 2 wins is so unacceptable that he's reaching into his own pockets to pay guys.

He's so goofy...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 10:48 PM)jason Wrote: He said 2 wins is so unacceptable that he's reaching into his own pockets to pay guys.

He's so goofy...

I'm writing all these down in the book I'm writing that I'm calling "The one time jason was wrong," which I will present to you at the conclusion of the coming season.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 03:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true about us having an advantage picking first in every round. We also have an advantage with Zac and
company coaching the Senior Bowl, especially this Offseason where contact is so limited. Zac is saying all the
right things this Offseason, he is right, the message is clear after that Free Agency.

Additionally, we are used to limited pre draft courtship/scouting etc. so I’ve been told.

This is shaping up to be the perfect storm for the Cincinnati Bengals.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Easy fred...that sounds dangerously close to 'whining' and we all know how much you hate that.  Ninja

I believe the term you’re looking for is squeeling. Noob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 07:15 PM)Big Boss Wrote: While Fred's staunch defense of Marvin Lewis remains adorable, I don't really disagree with him here?

We know Taylor is a smooth talker.  Still coached a 2-14 season though.  Gotta see him put up or shut up.

From what I've read and heard, last offseason left the team jumbled. Zac doesn't have the biggest network of coaches and a lot of the guys they wanted didn't come here. Some of the coaches that we hired didn't meet each other until player interviews at the combine. That played a part in our dismal free agency since the team didn't really get a chance to scout other free agents. Then there was some locker room tension over injured players. Dennard was ticked with being put on PUP, there was grumbling over Dre going on IR, some players weren't going 100%. A lot of it changed when Andy got benched. Beat writers noticed that the slacking players suddenl kicked it up, Dunlap was noted as being one of those guys.

This is the key season for Taylor in a lot of people's books. We've got the best QB prospect since Luck coming in. If we still wind up with 10+ losses, then I'm fine with Taylor getting the boot.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow.  What an amazing press conference.  Inspiring.  Full of youthful enthusiasm.  And so innovative.  It is like he has recreated the entire process of a press conference.  No more generic "coach speak".  No more avoiding direct answers.  And what about all that accountability?  Have you ever seen so much accountability in a press conference before?

I really liked Marvin as a person, and he turned the culture of the team around on a dime when he got here. Alot of folks might not remember the pre-Marvin days. So, I respected him as a coach, too. I just think the game left him behind a little bit, and alot of the later draft picks during his reign never panned out like we'd all hoped. I'm thinking of not just Ogbuehe and Fisher, but guys like PJ Dawson. 

Plus, I don't think Marvin was a fan of free agency. We never saw the volume of free agents like we've seen this year, obviously. Marvin, I would guess, with a pretty confident person to think that he could push guys to do their jobs. He never quit on guys, when he probably should have (Maualuga). 

I sort of feel bad for him. He also had alot of things go wrong, like that 2015 playoff game especially with the Hill fumble and then the Burfict/Pacman penalties. Then when Dalton came back in 2016 and beyond, he was just never the same guy, losing Sanu and Jones didn't help. I think he should have pushed harder to keep guys like that and Whitworth on the team. But not all the blame for those things are Marvin's fault alone. 

Taylor had a rough first season, but he seems smart and up with the times. I'm thinking we probably win 9-10 games this year with the improvements we've already made and the improvements to come. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wow.  What an amazing press conference.  Inspiring.  Full of youthful enthusiasm.  And so innovative.  It is like he has recreated the entire process of a press conference.  No more generic "coach speak".  No more avoiding direct answers.  And what about all that accountability?  Have you ever seen so much accountability in a press conference before?

You ok Marvin?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I wonder if Zach Taylor realizes how lucky he is. He could shoot a man in the middle of the street and if anyone criticized him for it they would be accused of supporting Marvin Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 01:21 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: A lot of it changed when Andy got benched. Beat writers noticed that the slacking players suddenl kicked it up, Dunlap was noted as being one of those guys.

So what changed when Zach had to put his tail between his legs and put Dalton back in as starter?
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:34 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Easy fred...that sounds dangerously close to 'whining' and  we all know how much you hate that.  Ninja

It also sounds like squealing. Crying and squealing.

Fred has to cry and squeal because Marvin was let go after only 16 years. Then he'll squeal more about being careful what you wish for.

Some people just like to cry and squeal. Crying "we're 18th in the league since Oct 3rd 2005" or squealing "we're not that bad, it could get worse!".
Reply/Quote
Take this for what it's worth...

A buddy of mine sister's husband works across from PBS. He's friends with a guy named Mario, who owns a food truck that sets up shop there. So Mario serves a lot of team employees. One Bengal employee who works in ticket sales told Mario that he heard from a reliable source in the building that Zack has reached out to Marvin Lewis for help.

Zach and Marvin have recently set up a daily Skype session (Social Distancing). Marvin is coaching up Zach on how to clap (how loud, how fast) and when to use phrases like "Let's go!".

Apparently they even are collaborating on some t-shirt slogans for training camp. "Keep trucking" is the leader right now.

Supposedly they've really hit it off. Zach is even starting to giggle more. When all this corona stuff dies down they're planning on getting together so Marvin can give him a crash course in media relations.

Just what I heard...
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 10:15 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Take this for what it's worth...

A buddy of mine sister's husband works across from PBS. He's friends with a guy named Mario, who owns a food truck that sets up shop there. So Mario serves a lot of team employees. One Bengal employee who works in ticket sales told Mario that he heard from a reliable source in the building that Zack has reached out to Marvin Lewis for help.

Zach and Marvin have recently set up a daily Skype session (Social Distancing). Marvin is coaching up Zach on how to clap (how loud, how fast) and when to use phrases like "Let's go!".

Apparently they even are collaborating on some t-shirt slogans for training camp. "Keep trucking" is the leader right now.

Supposedly they've really hit it off. Zach is even starting to giggle more. When all this corona stuff dies down they're planning on getting together so Marvin can give him a crash course in media relations.

Just what I heard...

Can you at least preface this with, "it's a joke?"

Was hoping there was something interesting and invaluable here...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 12:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Can you at least preface this with, "it's a joke?"

Was hoping there was something interesting and invaluable here...

Keep Trucking isn't half bad though...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 11:07 PM)McC Wrote: I'm writing all these down in the book I'm writing that I'm calling "The one time jason was wrong," which I will present to you at the conclusion of the coming season.

You don't think that sounded goofy?

That's gonna be a long book too. I'm wrong several times a day.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Zac has much to prove, but the fact that he isn't content to stand pat and try to serve us some polished form of the usual turd is a plus in my book.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 12:54 PM)jason Wrote: You don't think that sounded goofy?

That's gonna be a long book too. I'm wrong several times a day.

I forgot to mention that if I'm wrong, I'll burn the book and deny that it ever existed.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 05:09 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Looks like Williams is either on his way out or to second string if Bell was signed to be a starter and no way Bates is going to the bench.

I didn't get that at all, I think Williams will position like a LB now. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
The bengals should just put themselves on auto pick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote