Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac's conference call
(04-09-2020, 12:47 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Can you at least preface this with, "it's a joke?"

Was hoping there was something interesting and invaluable here...

Not sure if you're being serious or not, but I tried my best to lay it on as thick as possible. It being that this story is pure nonsense.

I mean, I basically started my tale with: "My buddy's sister's husband knows a food truck guy named Mario, who knows a guy at PBS, who heard from another unnnamed guy at PBS..."

I apologize if it wasn't obvious enough with that intro that this is just a joke.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 07:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not sure if you're being serious or not, but I tried my best to lay it on as thick as possible. It being that this story is pure nonsense.

I mean, I basically started my tale with: "My buddy's sister's husband knows a food truck guy named Mario, who knows a guy at PBS, who heard from another unnnamed guy at PBS..."

I apologize if it wasn't obvious enough with that intro that this is just a joke.

It was pretty clearly a joke after the first sentence or two but, it's not like no one has ever cited something like that as a source  and claimed it as legit.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 07:15 PM)Big Boss Wrote: While Fred's staunch defense of Marvin Lewis remains adorable, I don't really disagree with him here?

We know Taylor is a smooth talker.  Still coached a 2-14 season though.  Gotta see him put up or shut up.

Ah yes, the classic case of: 
"Interview like Tarzan, coach like Jane." 

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 07:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not sure if you're being serious or not, but I tried my best to lay it on as thick as possible. It being that this story is pure nonsense.

Hey, you know how these grapevine things are; the food truck thing is legit lol, as outside the Rogers Centre and Scotiabank Arena (the two here in Toronto), there are actually a few food trucks!

But yeah, thought you were actually on to something at first...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2020, 11:46 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Additionally, we are used to limited pre draft courtship/scouting etc. so I’ve been told.

This is shaping up to be the perfect storm for the Cincinnati Bengals.

I believe so as well DA. Never seen this team ever attack FA like they did in solidifying one side of the ball and then having
the advantages of having the #1 pick with the best QB in a long time coming out ever. The way they planned this out is why
I think the Draft goes Offense so we can just make Burrow as comfortable as a rookie QB can be.

Been an awesome Offseason so far and Taylor and company had such a short Offseason the last one he could hardly plan it
out, he had to just feel out the team as the year went on.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 09:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: So what changed when Zach had to put his tail between his legs and put Dalton back in as starter?

Can you at least get Zac's name right, who you talkin bout?
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 09:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Can you at least get Zac's name right, who you talkin bout?

I wish I could rep this twice. Lol

Drives me nuts when people spell our players or coaches names wrong. I think I saw about 37 different spellings of Finley last season...

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 09:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wish I could rep this twice. Lol

Drives me nuts when people spell our players or coaches names wrong. I think I saw about 37 different spellings of Finley last season...

Hey you still can... Pervert

Drives me nuts too, especially when some say Dunlop instead of Dunlap. DAMN IT MAN!!! Bang Head  
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 09:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey you still can... Pervert

Drives me nuts too, especially when some say Dunlop instead of Dunlap. DAMN IT MAN!!! Bang Head  

Spelling Finley or Driskel wrong, ok, but Dunlap? Inexcusable!

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 09:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I wish I could rep this twice. Lol

I'm only going to call blasphemy when people violate the sanctity of Joseph Lee Burrow's name, our QB and savior.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 10:21 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm only going to call blasphemy when people violate the sanctity of Joseph Lee Burrow's name, our QB and savior.

What when they call him Burrows all the time lol
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 10:21 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm only going to call blasphemy when people violate the sanctity of Joseph Lee Burrow's name, our QB and savior.

Hey, I didn’t know I share the same middle name with BDJ! Lol

Reply/Quote
Richard?
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 10:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Hey, I didn’t know I share the same middle name with BDJ! Lol

Then you are blessed! haha
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2020, 09:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:  I think I saw about 37 different spellings of Finley last season...

Could any of them throw the ball?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 08:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Could any of them throw the ball?

Nope, noodle arms. Mellow

Probably my biggest concern with Zac was the noodle arm pick.

But who knows how much time he had to study up before taking on a head coaching job in the NFL?
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 03:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nope, noodle arms. Mellow

Probably my biggest concern with Zac was the noodle arm pick.

But who knows how much time he had to study up before taking on a head coaching job in the NFL?

Not only the pick, he moved UP for Finley...

Oof

Reply/Quote
(04-10-2020, 05:36 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not only the pick, he moved UP for Finley...

Oof

Yeah bad move no question about it.
Reply/Quote
He either let's Finley go and admits he was wrong, or he stands by a wasted pick just to save face and maybe make people forget the Sample pick...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(04-12-2020, 06:17 PM)JSR18 Wrote: He either let's Finley go and admits he was wrong, or he stands by a wasted pick just to save face and maybe make people forget the Sample pick...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well, from judging this Free Agency Taylor seems to adjust and admit he is wrong unlike Marv.

I expect us to cut Finley after we get a decent armed QB when cuts happen.

Hell Dolegala has an arm and we can probably get a decent vet to compete like Matt Moore or somethin'.

Have to have some upside with your backups. The only way I see us keeping Finley is if he magically gets a bigger arm.

I know Brees supposedly had a weaker arm at Purdue and he definitely got it strengthened.
Reply/Quote