Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zac-talking about the job he did today
(12-05-2021, 07:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, he should really tell Burrow to throw fewer INTs. 

Yeah he's just as powerless as we are. Definitely can't tell him to take less chances or throw in plays that are less likely to turn the ball over. He's basically a fan with a bigger paycheck.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Not a Zc defender at all, but there's plenty of blame to go around. The Mixon fumble-6 was an unforced error that broke the team's back. The Chase bobble turned int was basically a perfectly thrown ball turned int. The play where Uzomah got hit in the hands and lost it was pathetic as can be. The Burrow int in the end zone was as bad a throw as I've seen him make. The o-line was not great for the majority of the afternoon and got blown up in the 2nd half.

This is probably not the game that I'd use as an example of why Zac needs to go. This loss was a player loss.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, he should really tell Burrow to throw fewer INTs. 

It would help if we didn't have to throw so much because of a junk short run game. lol
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:11 PM)samhain Wrote: Not a Zc defender at all, but there's plenty of blame to go around.  The Mixon fumble-6 was an unforced error that broke the team's back.  The Chase bobble turned int was basically a perfectly thrown ball turned int.  The play where Uzomah got hit in the hands and lost it was pathetic as can be.  The Burrow int in the end zone was as bad a throw as I've seen him make.  The o-line was not great for the majority of the afternoon and got blown up in the 2nd half.  

This is probably not the game that I'd use as an example of why Zac needs to go.  This loss was a player loss.

What's an example of why Zac needs to go then? You have 29 other games to choose from. 30 if you include ties lol. Hell I can find reasons during wins in why he needs to go. haha.

When zac comes out and says the loss is on him, we should take his word for it lol
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: When you're the head coach, everything falls on you. The turnovers have been a problem all year long. If he's not getting the most out of our #1 pick, thats on him. If he isn't sitting Burrow down and telling him to be more careful with the ball, or calling plays that lead to fewer picks, it all falls on Zac.

That's how chain of command works. Otherwise, you could always cop out and blame the players. Just like how everyone blamed players for Marv going 0-7 in the playoffs.

Should Zac really have to tell them to NOT turn the ball over though? Seems like something you never want to do.. He's most likely has said something about it at some point.. What can you do though? He cant make them, not make mistakes.. I give Zac some blame like the 1st half ending and having bad gameplans to start the game , but not the turnovers..
Reply/Quote
This team usually looks unprepared going into a game for some reason.But then after a while, they usually get going.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah he's just as powerless as we are. Definitely can't tell him to take less chances or throw in plays that are less likely to turn the ball over. He's basically a fan with a bigger paycheck.

That made me imagine him as a madden player making play calls and just throwing his hands up in the air when they don't work lol
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Personal accountability is great, but you still have to can this guy of he doesn't get it done this year.

Anyone who can’t win with this roster can’t win anywhere; I want a better head coach and any ideas about extending Zac Taylor should be met with scorn and derision.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Zac tells them to win. If they win, it is because of him. If they lose, it is the players fault.

Ninja
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:14 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: This team usually looks unprepared going into a game for some reason.But then after a while, they usually get going.

My joke is the 1st half is Zac's gameplan and the 2nd are Burrow's adjustments lol. This is all from the jackonsville mic'd up where in the 2nd half Burrow said "f*** this BS, time to take over" lol
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:12 PM)Tony Wrote: Should Zac really have to tell them to NOT turn the ball over though? Seems like something you never want to do.. He's most likely has said something about it at some point.. What can you do though? He cant make them, not make mistakes.. I give Zac some blame like the 1st half ending and having bad gameplans to start the game , but not the turnovers..

We can debate this all day long, but all that matters is wins and losses, and if this squad - as talented as it is - doesn't make the playoffs, Zac should be held accountable for that. Otherwise, we can just play the excuse game for 16 years like we did with Marvin.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: When can you blame Zac if not today? That was the worst performance we've seen in the 1st half all year, and we've had plenty of bad 1st halves.

He's the coach. It's not a have your cake and eat it league. I'm leaning more towards what Tee said, there was a motivation problem today, they're still kids running around out there, they have to be motivated. That was Marvin's biggest visible issue. "Clap, let's go".

The delay of game after timeouts is some on the players but the coach has to be blamed for this, what did he tell them that confused them that much to get a delay? This isn't the first time he's delayed after a TO this year lol.

When it comes to brains I'm taking Burrow over Zac, regardless of how it looks on the field. If it looks bad, I'm blaming Zac lol. Zac is a failed experiment from the prodigy eidetic memory Mcvay.

I wonder if Zac has the recollection of a lebron/jordan/mcvay, I doubt it, he's normal, like us - lol.

Shhhhhhhh!!!! Some will never blame him! I can say I blame him for too much, but he’s NOT the guy. I will eat all the crow IF I’m wrong
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We can debate this all day long, but all that matters is wins and losses, and if this squad - as talented as it is - doesn't make the playoffs, Zac should be held accountable for that. Otherwise, we can just play the excuse game for 16 years like we did with Marvin.

Look, I get it. Back in 2019 everyone was jonesin’ for coaches from the Sean McVay coaching tree. However, good interview nonwithstanding, picking a quarterback coach as head coach has proven to be unwise.

Let’s do this over at the end of the season and get someone with relevant experience and a resume not written in crayon.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:25 PM)OUatown Wrote: Shhhhhhhh!!!! Some will never blame him! I can say I blame him for too much, but he’s NOT the guy. I will eat all the crow IF I’m wrong

The question is what is the crow point here, I don't think it's playoffs, we should win a bowl with this roster (when healthy). Then again most of the superbowl teams have some major injury they're contending with, so we need to start fixing our backups lol.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:25 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Look, I get it.  Back in 2019 everyone was jonesin’ for coaches from the Sean McVay coaching tree.  However, good interview nonwithstanding, picking a quarterback coach as head coach has proven to be unwise.

Let’s do this over at the end of the season and get someone with relevant experience and a resume not written in crayon.

It's really hard to get demoted, I demoted myself in my career lol. I wonder what Zac is actually good at it and would accept a demotion.
Reply/Quote
This team is young and has a hard time maintaining focus. 2 blow out victories in a row creates a bit of complacency. You saw it against the jets, bears, and the chargers
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 06:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Did he mention specifically what happened on the last play of the half? 

Yeah that would be interesting to hear. All you have to do is spike it and then try a hail mary.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2021, 07:08 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: When you're the head coach, everything falls on you. The turnovers have been a problem all year long. If he's not getting the most out of our #1 pick, thats on him. If he isn't sitting Burrow down and telling him to be more careful with the ball, or calling plays that lead to fewer picks, it all falls on Zac.

That's how chain of command works. Otherwise, you could always cop out and blame the players. Just like how everyone blamed players for Marv going 0-7 in the playoffs.

Turnovers were not on Zac Taylor you can't gameplan or play call to not turning the ball over. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Started with the opening kick off. Knew right then it was going to be a looooong day
Reply/Quote
NOT THAT IT WAS EVEN A TINI-TINY REASON WE LOST TODAY BUT...The refs were garbage, not against us or the Chargers just equally garbage both ways.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote