Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zac taylor presser. LOGAN on pace to play!
(12-29-2021, 10:16 PM)Tony Wrote: Deep down, we are all feeling this way at least a little bit, how could you not? We have seen this so many times. It's not like KC isn't the best team in the AFC and The Burrow Bengals are 0-3 against the browns or anything, to let doubt set in.. 

For sure we all feel this way.

(12-29-2021, 10:24 PM)Synric Wrote: I like the Chargers matchup for the Bengals. I know they have already beat the Bengals I just think if it was for the early turnovers going down 24 points quickly the Bengals could have run on that defense. 

To me the  Bills/Patriots or Colts would be tougher matchups.

The Browns and the Colts are the only teams that really scare me honestly. But we CAN stop the run, just have to make it a 
major priority with these 2 teams. Mayfield doesn't turn the ball over against us, at least not yet and Wentz has been great with 
the ball this year and both have great OL play and good to great Defenses. Made for deep playoff play, we could be too, who 
knows though, we are so young and erratic.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:24 PM)Synric Wrote: I like the Chargers matchup for the Bengals. I know they have already beat the Bengals I just think if it was for the early turnovers going down 24 points quickly the Bengals could have run on that defense. 

To me the  Bills/Patriots or Colts would be tougher matchups.

I honestly want no part of the Colts or Browns at the moment. I guess the same reason applies for both teams. They'll run it down your throat, and both can play good to great defense. I think the Bills will get exposed in the postseason. They don't run particularly well, and I'm not sold on the mental part of Josh Allen's game. I also agree that we probably handle the Chargers the first go round had we not buried ourselves early. I'd like another crack at them.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
^ feel the same
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 07:55 PM)Synric Wrote: I've mentioned a few times the Browns are the AFCN team I would hate to see as a matchup in the playoffs.

That defensive line is the real deal with a true elite Edge Defender that can ruin your game plan in Miles Garrett. They also have a young talented secondary led by a shutdown corner in Denzel Ward. The Browns have several very good Running Backs that have one of the best offensive lines in football in front of them.

To me the Browns have the most complete team in the AFCN. We obviously have the better QB and skill players but the Browns D can disrupt our offense to a degree and all Baker should ever do is hand off to the Chubb. The Browns have a great O line that were built for running. Where the Brownies screw up is by ever letting Baker throw it more than 15 times a game. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 03:13 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: To me the Browns have the most complete team in the AFCN. We obviously have the better QB and skill players but the Browns D can disrupt our offense to a degree and all Baker should ever do is hand off to the Chubb. The Browns have a great O line that were built for running. Where the Brownies screw up is by ever letting Baker throw it more than 15 times a game. 

Agreed the Browns have the most complete team in the AFCN, but they have the worst coach. Contrary, the Steelers have the weakest team in the AFCN, and whether you like him or not Tomlin who has done wonders with a crappy lineup in Pittsburgh would have the Browns doing far better than their current coaching staff. If we lose to KC on Sunday. I will be rooting hard for the Steelers on MNF where Tomlin's Steelers have never lost a home MNF game. 

The scenario gets dicey the last week where if we also to lose to the Browns on Sunday and the Steelers happen to beat the Ravens on the last Sunday then the Steelers win the division.   Mellow
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 11:11 PM)jason Wrote: I honestly want no part of the Colts or Browns at the moment. I guess the same reason applies for both teams. They'll run it down your throat, and both can play good to great defense. I think the Bills will get exposed in the postseason. They don't run particularly well, and I'm not sold on the mental part of Josh Allen's game. I also agree that we probably handle the Chargers the first go round had we not buried ourselves early. I'd like another crack at them.

They haven't for the season as whole, but I've noticed that they've recently played less silly games with their rbs and used Devin Singletary more, and it's yielded better results for them since.  
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 03:13 AM)CincinnatiKid Wrote: To me the Browns have the most complete team in the AFCN. We obviously have the better QB and skill players but the Browns D can disrupt our offense to a degree and all Baker should ever do is hand off to the Chubb. The Browns have a great O line that were built for running. Where the Brownies screw up is by ever letting Baker throw it more than 15 times a game. 

Agree.   With an upgrade at qb, they would be nasty.  They could use some help at WR, but a better passer would prob highlight DPJ's skills more as well. 
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 04:03 PM)Nickslycat Wrote: All facets are important.  Who do think is going to make a bigger impact?  A stud linebacker who already has his impact on a game, are a backup who is going all out to make a play, since he only plays 3 or 4 plays a game.

One backup was already out for the year (Evans), his backup (Bailey) was hurt on STs during the game, and another LB was out as well. That's why he was in on that play.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 07:13 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Agreed the Browns have the most complete team in the AFCN, but they have the worst coach. Contrary, the Steelers have the weakest team in the AFCN, and whether you like him or not Tomlin who has done wonders with a crappy lineup in Pittsburgh would have the Browns doing far better than their current coaching staff. If we lose to KC on Sunday. I will be rooting hard for the Steelers on MNF where Tomlin's Steelers have never lost a home MNF game. 

The scenario gets dicey the last week where if we also to lose to the Browns on Sunday and the Steelers happen to beat the Ravens on the last Sunday then the Steelers win the division.   Mellow

Piss poor play from the QB position at times is a far bigger detriment to their success than the coaches, IMO. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 10:16 PM)Tony Wrote: Deep down, we are all feeling this way at least a little bit, how could you not? We have seen this so many times. It's not like KC isn't the best team in the AFC and The Burrow Bengals are 0-3 against the browns or anything, to let doubt set in.. 

Don't give in to the dark side Tony.   So compelling I know, but don't give in.

We've got the franchise wizard, and that counts for something!
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2021, 11:13 AM)Wyche Wrote: Piss poor play from the QB position at times is a far bigger detriment to their success than the coaches, IMO. 

Alas, both Clev and Pitt have Piss poor play from the QB this year.  Smirk

But Clev has far superior talent than Pitt. It's the coaching of Pitt that is keeping them relevant. 
Reply/Quote
If Cleveland and Pitt tie and the rats get handled by the rams, do we win the division no matter what we do against the chiefs or browns?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 02:33 AM)Tony Wrote: If Cleveland and Pitt tie and the rats get handled by the rams, do we win the division no matter what we do against the chiefs or browns?

Yes.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 02:33 AM)Tony Wrote: If Cleveland and Pitt tie and the rats get handled by the rams, do we win the division no matter what we do against the chiefs or browns?

(12-31-2021, 05:11 AM)Joelist Wrote: Yes.

Crazier things have happened, and the football gods owe us a tie in that game for all the stupid ties we have personally suffered.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2021, 03:51 PM)Nickslycat Wrote: I really don’t notice what other teams do, but I thought it was negligent that he was playing on special teams. 

At the time of the injury 7 of the top 10 tacklers in the league played special teams.  It is very common for top LBs and Safeties to play ST, but Logan was only out there filling in for an injured player.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 02:01 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: Alas, both Clev and Pitt have Piss poor play from the QB this year.  Smirk

But Clev has far superior talent than Pitt. It's the coaching of Pitt that is keeping them relevant. 

The coaching and officiating
Reply/Quote
Cleveland is the better team but Pittsburgh is playing at home in what could be Big Ben's last home game which adds a whole new dimension to the game

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 03:05 PM)pally Wrote: Cleveland is the better team but Pittsburgh is playing at home in what could be Big Ben's last home game which adds a whole new dimension to the game

As of Jan 1, 2022 Pitt has the better overall record that includes a home record of 5-2-1 where we beat them and the Raiders beat them the first two games and including a tie they have not lost a home game since September.

Cleve has a road record of  2-5 including a beat down of us.

So Cleve has better talent but not a better team. Pitt has much better coaching and officiating. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2021, 03:05 PM)pally Wrote: Cleveland is the better team but Pittsburgh is playing at home in what could be Big Ben's last home game which adds a whole new dimension to the game

Right, as in no way Goodell let's the Roonie's favorite rapist end his career with an "L" at home. There will definitely be some referee home cooking in this game. 
Reply/Quote

It does but it'll look like Pig Pen is riding a tricycle with two flat tires against that Cleveland pass rush!
Reply/Quote