Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac wants to blame...
Not himself for the incredibly predictable play calling but, The refs! For missing a call on a Dallas punt in the 4th quarter, a punt that led to the only Bengals TD drive of the day.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-hc-zac-taylor-frustrated-refs-missed-call-on-cowboys-punt/ar-AA11YfsH?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3923bab9b331494a8da759b0142ccf7b

Quote:Taylor was annoyed that the officials got a call wrong in the fourth quarter. Cowboys punter Bryan Anger delivered a 42-yard punt that put the Bengals at the 17 with just over 12:30 left in the game. The ball appeared to hit the huge videoboard that hovers over the field at AT&T Stadium, but the officials said it did not.

The play should have been done over.

Taylor said it was “frustrating” not to have the down replayed.

That was the third straight Cowboys home game where a punt hit the videoboard (dating back to the playoffs), though this one did not count.

Even though they started at their 17 following the punt, Cincinnati wound up driving for their only touchdown of the game. The Bengals lost on a 50-yard field goal by Brett Maher as time expired

If you ask me, coach Zac should be taking some personal responsibility for the ineptitude of the offense, rather than reaching for other places to lay the blame.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's a clown show.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not himself for the incredibly predictable play calling but, The refs!  For missing a call on a Dallas punt in the 4th quarter, a punt that led to the only Bengals TD drive of the day.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-hc-zac-taylor-frustrated-refs-missed-call-on-cowboys-punt/ar-AA11YfsH?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3923bab9b331494a8da759b0142ccf7b

If you ask me, coach Zac should be taking some personal responsibility for the ineptitude of the offense, rather than reaching for other places to lay the blame.

Zac Taylor be like - "Please, no more questions on how much a sieve the OL is, how the receivers aren't getting open quickly enough, or how bland/predictable the playcalling is!"
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not himself for the incredibly predictable play calling but, The refs! For missing a call on a Dallas punt in the 4th quarter, a punt that led to the only Bengals TD drive of the day.

LMAO Zac takes the responsibility for his assistant coaches mistakes all the time. He took the blame for Perine being in late the game against LA when the running backs coach screwed up. He protects his assistants constantly. He’s got plenty to be criticized for but not that 0-2 is 0-2
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
So they missed something that had no impact on the game. That's some big picture stuff right there, Zak. How about not being putrid in the first half almost every week? Not as big as a punt hitting the scoreboard, but it could help a little.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
ZT should have burst out in song.

My God! I saw Burrow.
He looked three-quarters dead!
And he was so bad I had to turn my head.
The Cowboys and Steelers beat him so hard that he was bent and lame,
And I know who everybody's going to blame.
I don't believe he knows I acted for our good.
I'd save him all this suffering if I could.
Don't believe...our good...
And I'd save him if I could...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:19 PM)Nately120 Wrote: ZT should have burst out in song.

My God! I saw Burrow.
He looked three-quarters dead!
And he was so bad I had to turn my head.
The Cowboys and Steelers beat him so hard that he was bent and lame,
And I know who everybody's going to blame.
I don't believe he knows I acted for our good.
I'd save him all this suffering if I could.
Don't believe...our good...
And I'd save him if I could...

So you figure Zac thinks he's damned for all time? Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:23 PM)Roland Wrote: So you figure Zac thinks he's damned for all time? Rock On

Yes, and I think Burrow is a martyred superstar.
Reply/Quote
Didn't the Bengals score on that possession?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, and I think Burrow is a martyred superstar.

Oh give me a break... dramatic much?

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:43 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Oh give me a break... dramatic much?

More rock-operatic than dramatic.
Reply/Quote
Worse..

We on this board knew he'd be a problem. Why would Dallas not rush him constantly against this line....

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:15 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: LMAO Zac takes the responsibility for his assistant coaches mistakes all the time. He took the blame for Perine being in late the game against LA when the running backs coach screwed up. He protects his assistants constantly. He’s got plenty to be criticized for but not that 0-2 is 0-2

Do you own stock in Zac?
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:52 PM)jj22 Wrote: Worse..

We on this board knew he'd be a problem. Why would Dallas not rush him constantly against this line....

It's as if teams try to be...unpredictable.
Reply/Quote
To my eyes, it seems the team is playing not to lose. They are fearful on each snap and not fearless. They need to throw caution to the wind and just go ball out.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 06:51 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: To my eyes, it seems the team is playing not to lose.  They are fearful on each snap and not fearless.  They need to throw caution to the wind and just go ball out.

Yeah. They are turtling and playing in a shell...thinking teams will be afraid of the mighty Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 06:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do you own stock in Zac?

There’s a lot that he can be held accountable for 0-2 is 0-2. But he painstakingly protects his assistants when they are scrutinized for mistakes and he takes the blame for things all the time.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Yep, nevermind the fact that we have a grand total of 9 first half points in two games (3 FG's). Lets focus on a punt hitting the scoreboard and blame that for losing. Had nothing to do with two putrid game plans and crappy playcalling.
Reply/Quote
Great article with stats in cincy jungle explaining the
Predictability of our play calling.
Reply/Quote
You get the impression away from football that Taylor is a socks on lights off type of man and it spills in to his play calling.

This time last year he went for it on 4th down against the vikings and it almost bit him on the arse, yesterday we should have gone for it on 4th down and put us in with a shot to win it or at least drain the clock and give them no chance to win in normal time.

I’m sure he’s a lovely guy and it seems the locker room loves him but he’s a coward I’d sooner go down fighting then a death from a thousand cuts like the last 2 games have been.
Reply/Quote