Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zac wants to blame...
(09-20-2022, 10:55 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They kind of loosely take blame and say they need to play better.

Reading between the lines, defenses are throwing different stuff at us than they expect and they can't adjust.

One difference is, when you make the SB teams gun for you. Last year...I doubt many teams viewed us as a threat and prepared for us as hard.

All true, but he specifically said he should've challenged the Chase TD, "that's on me to be honest with you" were his exact words. He also said they should've let the clock run down on the punt and owned that mistake. If we're gonna pick nits, I haven't seen our QB take the blame for five turnovers, maybe I missed it. Ninja

Like I said, there are a lot of warranted criticisms of him and the offensive staff as a whole, this ain't one of em. 

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not himself for the incredibly predictable play calling but, The refs!  For missing a call on a Dallas punt in the 4th quarter, a punt that led to the only Bengals TD drive of the day.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-hc-zac-taylor-frustrated-refs-missed-call-on-cowboys-punt/ar-AA11YfsH?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=3923bab9b331494a8da759b0142ccf7b

If you ask me, coach Zac should be taking some personal responsibility for the ineptitude of the offense, rather than reaching for other places to lay the blame.

100%. He's got Mike Ditka and Barry Switzer written all over him. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 09:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Then why, when I was scrolling through my news browser did I not see an article on "Taylor accepts full responsibility for Bengals sluggish start after high expectations to open the season"?  What did I see? The article I attached to the OP..

Because they know people like you will click on them. Do you get how media works? You aren't clicking on an article that says "Zac Taylor takes responsibility in loss". 

Those articles exist...you just didn't click on them so you think they aren't out there.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 02:26 PM)TheFan Wrote: Because they know people like you will click on them. Do you get how media works? You aren't clicking on an article that says "Zac Taylor takes responsibility in loss". 

Those articles exist...you just didn't click on them so you think they aren't out there.

I sure would have, had I seen any...  

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 02:38 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I sure would have, had I seen any...  

He has taken blame after pretty much every loss, if you listen to his post game/follow up interviews. Just because you clicked on the article about a specific question and how he answered doesn't mean he said we lost because of a punt. Get serious. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 11:27 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: All true, but he specifically said he should've challenged the Chase TD, "that's on me to be honest with you" were his exact words. He also said they should've let the clock run down on the punt and owned that mistake. If we're gonna pick nits, I haven't seen our QB take the blame for five turnovers, maybe I missed it. Ninja

Like I said, there are a lot of warranted criticisms of him and the offensive staff as a whole, this ain't one of em. 

I've read Zac take the blame a lot over the years like you said. I don't think that's an issue.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2022, 05:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, and I think Burrow is a martyred superstar.

When I say this I get "please leave this board"
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 03:16 PM)LSUfaninTN Wrote: When I say this I get "please leave this board"

I was making a Jesus Christ Superstar reference with the prior post I made, hence the pun.  
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2022, 03:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I've read Zac take the blame a lot over the years like you said. I don't think that's an issue.

He's sure deserved to blame himself, lol. I like the guy. I like the team he's built, the type of players they target. I think he needs to stick with that and let someone else call plays. I'm also not gonna pretend he's infallible.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Hey zac says
“There’s a confidence here that you can’t just manufacture,”
“It’s an earned confidence and our guys know that we’ll get back on the right track.”

lol
Reply/Quote