Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zach Tom T/C
6-foot-5, 312 pounds with 10 3/8″ hands and 33 1/4″ arms. ran the 40-yard dash in 4.94 seconds and had a 33-inch vertical leap and a 7.32 three-cone drill with a 4.47 short shuttle. Had a RAS score of 10. A Jim Tatum Award winner and All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection, Tom earned some All-American notice last season and started 37 games. He played 3,107 career snaps, allowing just 2 sacks.Including shutting down Jermaine Johnson last year. Had a PFF 92.9 pass blocking grade last year. This guy is being overlooked. I see some having him in the 4th or 5th. This kid is gonna go on day 2. I think we should give him a good look. PLayed LT the last 2 seasons and played Center before that.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 08:04 PM)pulses Wrote: 6-foot-5, 312 pounds with 33 1/4″ hands and 10 3/8″ arms. ran the 40-yard dash in 4.94 seconds and had a 33-inch vertical leap and a 7.32 three-cone drill with a 4.47 short shuttle. Had a RAS score of 10. A Jim Tatum Award winner and All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection, Tom earned some All-American notice last season and started 37 games. He played 3,107 career snaps, allowing just 2 sacks.Including shutting down Jermaine Johnson last year. Had a PFF 92.9 pass blocking grade last year. This guy is being overlooked. I see some having him in the 4th or 5th. This kid is gonna go on day 2. I think we should give him a good look. PLayed LT the last seasons and played Center before that.

Hands 3 times the size of his arms? Talk about a freak lol.

That said, I'd be okay giving him a look in 5-6
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 08:26 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Hands 3 times the size of his arms? Talk about a freak lol.

I don't see him making it out of day 2. PFF on youtube and some others have him in their tier 2 behind the tops of the class. I'll be shocked if he is there in 4.
Reply/Quote
What team was Zach Tom on?

Jermaine Johnson is pretty good, uh, how is Tom's run blocking?
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 10:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What team was Zach Tom on?

He played at Wake Forest. Over 3100 career snaps and only gave up 2 sacks. He's not bad in the run game but he needs to get stronger and work on his hand placement.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 08:04 PM)pulses Wrote: 6-foot-5, 312 pounds with  10 3/8″ hands and 33 1/4″  arms. ran the 40-yard dash in 4.94 seconds and had a 33-inch vertical leap and a 7.32 three-cone drill with a 4.47 short shuttle. Had a RAS score of 10. A Jim Tatum Award winner and All-Atlantic Coast Conference selection, Tom earned some All-American notice last season and started 37 games. He played 3,107 career snaps, allowing just 2 sacks.Including shutting down Jermaine Johnson last year. Had a PFF 92.9 pass blocking grade last year. This guy is being overlooked. I see some having him in the 4th or 5th. This kid is gonna go on day 2. I think we should give him a good look. PLayed LT the last 2 seasons and played Center before that.

It all depends what teams consider Tom for, TBH.
If they really think he can play OT in the NFL, he'll go higher.
If just C, I think he stays a Day 3 pick.
There aren't many C's who get drafted early.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 10:03 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: What team was Zach Tom on?

Tom is considered more of a technician that will succeed more in a run scheme that requires him to block on the move. He's not a power guy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Solid day 3 prospect. He's got great feet and athleticism, but could use a couple of seasons to add lower body mass and develop some aggression dealing with large, interior DL. If the Bengals were thinking of keeping Karras for his 3 year deal, Tom might be a good developmental candidate to add.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Pro football focus really likes Tom.
I think if he moves inside he'll be a good one. At least a starter eventually.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2022, 06:56 AM)pulses Wrote: He played at Wake Forest. Over 3100 career snaps and only gave up 2 sacks. He's not bad in the run game but he needs to get stronger and work on his hand placement.

Cool, sounds like a good mid round prospect for us to look at if Pollack thinks he fits and can coach up his hand placement.

The weight room can help with his strength.

(04-15-2022, 10:01 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Tom is considered more of a technician that will succeed more in a run scheme that requires him to block on the move. He's not a power guy.

Thanks Ocho, sounds like he might fit what we were doing last year more than this year where the guys we brought in are 
powerful and technicians. Give me both is my vote and I think is most people's.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2022, 08:26 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Hands 3 times the size of his arms? Talk about a freak lol.

He a T-Ref with Frying pan hands?
Reply/Quote