Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zack Taylor is One of the Worst Offensive Minds I've Ever Seen
(09-27-2020, 06:14 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m not angry at Zac Taylor.  I’m furious at whoever hired his underqualified ass! 

[Image: usatsi_12111976.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1]

[Image: cc3e0c2dc70b0ba379460e4c0fb295da.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
He's just in over his head. They picked the worst candidate possible...Typical Bengals..
Reply/Quote
0-10-1 with one score games doesn't seem like an accident or random events. There has to be changes but it will not be ZT. Fire Turner and Lou, bring in more OL personnel off the scrap heap. Let BC design and call games. Hell, what do they have to lose.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Play calling isn't as big of a deal as fans make it out to be it's more about play design and game plan. The offensive line is struggling in all areas of the run offensive. They tried man blocking, zone blocking, and pin & pull in this game and rarely were successful. 

I agree with that and mentioned it in the game day thread, but I also think a different perspective may be worth trying as well. Although Callahan has never been an OC either, I feel like he's more qualified than Zac, given their past assignments.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:25 PM)Synric Wrote: Play calling isn't as big of a deal as fans make it out to be it's more about play design and game plan. The offensive line is struggling in all areas of the run offensive. They tried man blocking, zone blocking, and pin & pull in this game and rarely were successful. 

This is part of the problem; they switch around so much the line has no identity. I think they just need to stop all the exotic nonsense, if necessary use another lineman as a spot fullback and use angled drive blocking all the time. Let them be more aggressive and engage the defense instead of passively moving laterally. 
Reply/Quote
It became disturbing watching Burrow being mauled. The staff, and front office LUCKED into being bad enough to draft a kid who's a winner. Everything about this kid screams poise and hunger to be the best. And they trot out a terrible offensive line and a pitiful staff.

Rooting for Joe Burrow to succeed long term in Cincinnati, means rooting for the staff to be cleaning out (minus Simmons).
Reply/Quote
they had to get him at a rock bottom price. Mike brown is the worst owner in all of sports.
Reply/Quote
It's impossible to grade Taylor as a playcaller as long as he's not allowed to call a game with an existent running game or a passing play with the primary read being longer than 10 or 15 yards.

With that said, the BIG weakness of Taylor's is his inability to foresee how much of a dumpster fire this offensive line was going to be. Drafting 3 linebackers, two in a row in the 3rd and 4th round, is great (and ADG looked really good today), but not addressing the offensive line in free agency or the draft until the 6th round was absolutely brutal.

It makes you question his ability to grade offensive line talent and offensive line coaching.

Turner has got to go. He's not only an awful coach, he's also an awful person (and the same can be said of Hart as a player and person).
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This dude is so far in over his head, and underqualified it's actually unbelievable.

I honestly don't think he could get an OC job at a top 100 college right now.  And he's currently pulling double duty as HC and OC for an NFL team.

The faster this turd sandwich is outta here the better.  What a freaking awful hire.  Clown show from a scheme and playcalling standpoint.

Yes, i agree. His mind as well and everything about him is offensive. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:22 PM)Whatever Wrote: He simply can't recover from this.  They had it 1st and goal, up 4, and with a chance to put the Eagles away and he calls 2 fades to Tate after they unsuccessfully tried another fade to Tate in the same situation in the first half and got bailed out by a ticky tack PI call.  And he knows Tate sucks because he was a healthy scratch last week.  He dressed that scrub and tried to force the ball to him for a TD because he had his agent cry in the media instead of focusing on putting the game away.  He betrayed every other player on the team with that bullshit to kiss one whiners ass.  No way I could respect him as a coach after that garbage.  He needs to go and Tate needs to go, because if you're going to have your agent whine in the media about your role in the offense, you might want to be able to actually win against man coverage vs a depleted Eagles secondary.  Disgusting.

lulz. butthurt  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
He’s a potato. Can’t be gone soon enough.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Him and his entire staff are terrible! Tyler Boyd could have had over 200 yards receiving easily. Boyd and JB carried the team to Higgins second TD. Boyd was unstoppable. The very next drive they completely go away from him.

Zac seems to get locked in on one player for too many plays in a row. He tries to force his will. No diversity in his plays.
After their DL the Eagles are soft in the middle. He tried running Mixon on the edges for the majority of his carries, or so it seemed.
The D coaching and play is hot garbage. Worst oline in the league.
Reply/Quote
He actually called a pretty good game today especially with that albatross offensive line around his neck. That's the main problem with this team right now and until that is fixed we won't be going anywhere.
Anyone's needs to be fired it has to be Duke. The guy can't draft offensive lineman + he gives away the secret recipe to bush beans.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:34 PM)Brimey Wrote: It became disturbing watching Burrow being mauled.

No kidding! Joe Burrow is a tough kid but this is rapidly growing sack statistic getting old fast. Honestly I’m concerned. Joe Burrow may be a generational talent but he’s surrounded by inept players and incompetent coaches. I can easily visualize requests for a trade coming in the near future.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Your thing with Tate is really bizarre...

He led all WR’s with 14.5 yds avg . No one who’s being even remotely objective would label him a “scrub.”

He caught 2 of 4 targets, and one of those catches was a busted coverage where no one covered him and he got zero RAC.
Reply/Quote
If they fired Taylor and made Simmons the HC, I would be elated. Simmons has consistently had some of the best ST units since he has been w the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's impossible to grade Taylor as a playcaller as long as he's not allowed to call a game with an existent running game or a passing play with the primary read being longer than 10 or 15 yards.

With that said, the BIG weakness of Taylor's is his inability to foresee how much of a dumpster fire this offensive line was going to be. Drafting 3 linebackers, two in a row in the 3rd and 4th round, is great (and ADG looked really good today),  but not addressing the offensive line in free agency or the draft until the 6th round was absolutely brutal.

It makes you question his ability to grade offensive line talent and offensive line coaching.

Turner has got to go. He's not only an awful coach, he's also an awful person (and the same can be said of Hart as a player and person).

Awful person? Really? This is sports. Get some perspective.
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: lulz. butthurt  Cool

So you think it's good play calling when you're 0-2 to run a pair of fades to your #6 WR when a TD seals the game for your team?  
Reply/Quote
This dude sucks. Get rid of him sooner rather than later.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:21 PM)Cicero Wrote: Awful person? Really? This is sports. Get some perspective.

Yes, really. 

I'm not calling them awful people because of their performances on the field, by the way. You should read up on them off the football field. You may be surprised what they say and think.
Reply/Quote