Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zack Taylor is One of the Worst Offensive Minds I've Ever Seen
(09-27-2020, 07:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: No kidding!  Joe Burrow is a tough kid but this is rapidly growing sack statistic getting old fast.  Honestly I’m concerned.  

Zac thought the talk about hits on Burrow was a 'little bit overblown' before this game. Wonder what he's thinking now?
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's impossible to grade Taylor as a playcaller as long as he's not allowed to call a game with an existent running game or a passing play with the primary read being longer than 10 or 15 yards.

With that said, the BIG weakness of Taylor's is his inability to foresee how much of a dumpster fire this offensive line was going to be. Drafting 3 linebackers, two in a row in the 3rd and 4th round, is great (and ADG looked really good today),  but not addressing the offensive line in free agency or the draft until the 6th round was absolutely brutal.

It makes you question his ability to grade offensive line talent and offensive line coaching.

Turner has got to go. He's not only an awful coach, he's also an awful person (and the same can be said of Hart as a player and person).

We were not going to be a SB contender this year.  The smart move would have been to use the draft and FA to build an offense around Burrow and can Lou as the scapegoat at the end of this year, then work on the defense.  Instead, they sold out on trying to fix the defense and left the cupboard bare for Burrow.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:23 PM)Whatever Wrote: So you think it's good play calling when you're 0-2 to run a pair of fades to your #6 WR when a TD seals the game for your team?  

No. I think the play calls were bad--if i'm going to try a fade, maybe i do it once--but they were doing too well in the middle of the field so i think it was terrible play calling. I also think Tate could have worked harder to get to the ball. Bengals receivers seem to get out-physical'd against DBs and he's (should be) too big for that. Higgins had a catch knocked out of his hand (in overtime?) towards the end too. 

I would have no problem throwing to him on a slant or a designed back shoulder though. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:24 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Yes, really. 

I'm not calling them awful people because of their performances on the field, by the way. You should read up on them off the football field. You may be surprised what they say and think.

Yeah...i'm over that whole "nice guy" thing. I've seen that for too many years. I want an asshole that knows how to win and get to SBs. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:21 PM)Cicero Wrote: Awful person? Really? This is sports. Get some perspective.

Umm...they are awful people. Do some research.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Zac thought the talk about hits on Burrow was a 'little bit overblown' before this game. Wonder what he's thinking now?

8 sacks... and 18 QB hits. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:25 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Zac thought the talk about hits on Burrow was a 'little bit overblown' before this game. Wonder what he's thinking now?

Our luck as Cincy fans, he'll keep denying and say that Joe has to get the ball out sooner. I don't see how you can argue that but I'm also not a millionaire failing at my job ?‍♂️
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: We were not going to be a SB contender this year.  The smart move would have been to use the draft and FA to build an offense around Burrow and can Lou as the scapegoat at the end of this year, then work on the defense.  Instead, they sold out on trying to fix the defense and left the cupboard bare for Burrow.

Yea, I agree. That's why I loved the Higgins pick at 33. I had him as the 3rd best WR in the draft class, so getting him at 33 was just phenomenal value. It was basically the inverse of what we did with Green and Dalton in 2011. And then Wilson in the 3rd and ADG in the 4th I think were just pure BPA picks, as neither really should have fallen that far.

If we had known ADG would be there in the 4th, I think we would have taken Josh Jones in the 3rd but you can't tell the future during the draft.

The only pick that was bizarre to me was the 5th rounder. We could have gotten a pretty decent guard in the 5th, I think (at least, based on the draft evaluators and websites).

As far as free agency, I wish we could have gone after Conklin or maybe Bryan Bulaga but I can't fault them for trying to solve the issues of the defense. It'd be one thing if we were signing older guys to 1 year deals, but we signed young players to 3 or 4 year deals, which will pay huge dividends in the future. 

Burrow won't be ruined because of one season of bad offensive line play. As long as we focus on the Oline this coming off season, we'll be on the right track to competing.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:38 PM)Synric Wrote: 8 sacks... and 18 QB hits. 

How can you draft a potential franchise QB and allow this to happen? It’s down right irresponsible.

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:38 PM)Synric Wrote: 8 sacks... and 18 QB hits. 

Yep, just posted that in another thread. Averaging 15 per game. Insane.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Umm...they are awful people. Do some research.

Enlighten me. I am not being sarcastic, I am genuinely curious about what you are referring to. I think Turner was a bad hire with the Miami stuff but Taylor?
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:32 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No. I think the play calls were bad--if i'm going to try a fade, maybe i do it once--but they were doing too well in the middle of the field so i think it was terrible play calling. I also think Tate could have worked harder to get to the ball. Bengals receivers seem to get out-physical'd against DBs and he's (should be) too big for that. Higgins had a catch knocked out of his hand (in overtime?) towards the end too. 

I would have no problem throwing to him on a slant or a designed back shoulder though. 
I'll be clear that I didn't have an issue with them trying something different and dressing Tate over Ross, as it's not like Ross has played well, either.  My issue is that it was obvious that they were trying to force a TD to him because he was complaining, and it was especially bad because they had the Eagles on the ropes.  If we were up 3 TD's, I wouldn't have cared.  The team always has to come first when it comes to play calling and Zac lost sight of that on that drive.

I'm not going to dog Tate's effort on the plays.  He was positionally beaten on all three.  The ball never should have gone his way on any of them.  On the first, the DB got position over the top and the only way he could have gotten to the ball was to commit OPI and run the DB over.  On the final two, the DB got inside position and you're forcing your QB to make a great throw to even give him a chance to make a play.  He was was well covered and they tried to force it to him, anyways.

On the Higgins play, if it's the one I'm thinking of, the DB grabbed his left arm just before the ball got there and he was never able to get both hands on it.  
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:56 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'll be clear that I didn't have an issue with them trying something different and dressing Tate over Ross, as it's not like Ross has played well, either.  My issue is that it was obvious that they were trying to force a TD to him because he was complaining, and it was especially bad because they had the Eagles on the ropes.  If we were up 3 TD's, I wouldn't have cared.  The team always has to come first when it comes to play calling and Zac lost sight of that on that drive.

I'm not going to dog Tate's effort on the plays.  He was positionally beaten on all three.  The ball never should have gone his way on any of them.  On the first, the DB got position over the top and the only way he could have gotten to the ball was to commit OPI and run the DB over.  On the final two, the DB got inside position and you're forcing your QB to make a great throw to even give him a chance to make a play.  He was was well covered and they tried to force it to him, anyways.

On the Higgins play, if it's the one I'm thinking of, the DB grabbed his left arm just before the ball got there and he was never able to get both hands on it.  

I don't think there was even a .005% chance that they were throwing to him there, to appease him. 

From what i recall of the Higgins pass, he had the ball in both hands and the DB just knocked it loose. 

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 07:51 PM)Cicero Wrote: Enlighten me. I am not being sarcastic, I am genuinely curious about what you are referring to. I think Turner was a bad hire with the Miami stuff but Taylor?

Not Taylor, Bobby Hart. He’s a total mouth breather. He’s said some insanely stupid and offensive shit online.

Reply/Quote
Defense doesnt get a free pass until they can prove to be consistent 5 weeks in a row. Another shit game overall. Except Burrow and Boyd..I feel sorry for Mixon not having ANYWHERE to run and Burrow getting absolutely blasted. Thank god he didnt get injured our o line is SAD!
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 06:07 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This dude is so far in over his head, and underqualified it's actually unbelievable.

I honestly don't think he could get an OC job at a top 100 college right now.  And he's currently pulling double duty as HC and OC for an NFL team.

The faster this turd sandwich is outta here the better.  What a freaking awful hire.  Clown show from a scheme and playcalling standpoint.

Here's the kicker...he's never been a successful playcaller, nor a HC.
He must be an incredible used car salesperson to convince Mike Brown to allow him to have both roles.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not Taylor, Bobby Hart. He’s a total mouth breather. He’s said some insanely stupid and offensive shit online.

Ah okay. My reading comprehension skills may have let me down there. 
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
JOE BURROW NEEDS HELP ON THE OLINE BEFORE HE HAS A CAREER ENDING INJURY!!! GET HIM SOME GOD DAMN HELP MIKE, DAMN!!
Reply/Quote
It was obvious after 0-10 last year and making our roster look miles worse than the previous year that Zac had no clue. It's going to take another 0-9 start this year (if they lose to the jags next week) for the rest of the fanbase to wake up.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2020, 08:34 PM)cj1895 Wrote: It was obvious after 0-10 last year and making our roster look miles worse than the previous year that Zac had no clue. It's going to take another 0-9 start this year (if they lose to the jags next week) for the rest of the fanbase to wake up.

XSF and no Geno hurt.  Burrow looks better every week. Ill be more concerned if Burrow takes a pounding against jags. Jags have a week dline. Positive with time Burrow is proving he can throw the ball downfield accurately provided the line can give him time
Reply/Quote