Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zampese Report Card
(09-19-2016, 01:25 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I could be completely wrong, but I'd be very surprised if a first year OC who just came from the arena league really had that that much influence on who gets drafted. Also, I thought Green was the one who said he wanted Dalton as his QB? That may have been made up though. 

It was Gruden who lobbied Mike Brown to take Dalton over Kaepernick, and Mikey has gone on record saying that was the case, so......

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
C at best. He abandoned the running game in the first 10 mins @NY and hasn't even tried to re-establish it.

You cannot win in the NFL without a run game. We have 2 really good RB's and what should be a decent OL - at worst.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
Only a couple of complaints.

1. Would like to see Hewitt lined up as a fullback more and let Hill run right behind him.
2. Whenever we complete a short pass on 1st down we should run the ball 90% of the time on 2nd down to get into 3rd and short. Pitt does this all the time and is able to put together sustainable drives.

You do have to give credit where it's do and that is the passing game has looked really good. Just wait until 85 is back and if they can find a running game we will be that much more efficient.
Reply/Quote
I understand we have to commit to the run but the past two games have been a mess playing from behind. The Jets game i can see but the Pitt game in those conditions, yea they should have run more but it just was not there and when it was for whatever reason Hill did not see it.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 01:25 PM)Sweetness Wrote: I could be completely wrong, but I'd be very surprised if a first year OC who just came from the arena league really had that that much influence on who gets drafted. Also, I thought Green was the one who said he wanted Dalton as his QB? That may have been made up though. 

Green and Dalton came out of the same draft and yes, it was Gruden who fought for Dalton.
Reply/Quote
It was an uninspiring hire. As of right now, it's an uninspired offense.

Dalton is on pace for 672 pass attempts, which would be the 4th highest of all time.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

It's nothing short of astounding that a 1st year arena league guy has to talk a guy who has been a GM for nearly 25 years into making the right decision. 
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 01:44 PM)Wyche Wrote: It was Gruden who lobbied Mike Brown to take Dalton over Kaepernick, and Mikey has gone on record saying that was the case, so......

Yea, I remember hearing that but I also thought I heard when they drafted Green they asked him which QB he would want and he said Andy. 
Reply/Quote
There is nothing that I can say, that hasn't already been said in this thread. So, I will just simply say that I agree with the OP along with several of the supporting opinions.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The problem is we don't completely know how much is Zampese's play design and how much is the utterly incompetent blocking work of Bodine and Zeitler so far this year.
Reply/Quote
way way too early to give him a report card.......give him some time, we can start after game 6, other than that we aren't giving him a fair shake....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Wins, losses, yards, points all be damned...the one thing I want to know is if our offense has become less cute, yet!
Reply/Quote
Maybe the Bengals could try the same blocking technique used by the Steelers, Patriots, and Cowboys: Holding...
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 04:37 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It was an uninspiring hire. As of right now, it's an uninspired offense.

Dalton is on pace for 672 pass attempts, which would be the 4th highest of all time.

Uninspired offense no doubt. There's just something/somethings missing. They don't seem to all be on the same page om many plays.
They're like a V8 firing on 6 cylinders.

There's no doubt the O-line, especially the middle, has played awful and stunk the place up on many plays. Te rookie RT has whiffed on several blocks etc. etc. But there's been other times when the hole has been there and Hill is dancing. Then there's long stretch's where we don't even attempt a run play ! We seem very out of sync and yes uninspired.

Andy and AJ put on a show vs. jets. But other than that we just don't seem to be very fluid on offense. Perhaps a D- was a bit harsh just two games in. But I don't in any way like what I'm seeing so far, including the Jets game.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 12:21 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: O-line needs to block better in the run game. Can't blame the OC unless there is some production there.

It's almost like there is a "tell" that we are running the ball.  I wonder if the coaches should scout ourselves and see if they can pick something up.  It just seems like they are running into a wall every single running play.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
This offense has no dynamic.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2016, 01:42 AM)J24 Wrote: I think the problem with zampese is he doesn't like to run the ball its not in his DNA. He is to much like Mike Martz.

I wouldn't want to run the ball either, if my line can't move 4 cheerleaders out of the ***** way.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 12:38 AM)tlotharw Wrote: This offense has no dynamic.

The offense cannot run block, and it cannot pass block. Dynamics? F dynamics. 
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
My biggest complaint is... the run game isn't working and the pass rushers are beating the OL like a drum. So rather than continuing to try to run the ball, why not use some more screen plays to make those pass rushers have to hesitate a bit longer?

The Bengals killed it with screen passes in Week 1. Then Week 2 rolls around and they only do 2 screen passes, but they both work and they both gain big yardage. What ever happened to "keep doing it until they can stop it"? The only time this OL has looked good this year is when they are pulling to block on screens, in which case they have been destroying people with blocks.

I'd love a lot more screens worked into the gameplan. It'll slow down that pass rush, and has only produced good results so far. Gio is a monster in screens with how patient and good he is at following his blockers even if it means slowing down a bit before bursting out in speed as soon as the block is made.

Screens and short quick passes can be a suitable replacement for runs. Sean Payton and the Saints have proven that in the past.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2016, 01:32 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: My biggest complaint is... the run game isn't working and the pass rushers are beating the OL like a drum. So rather than continuing to try to run the ball, why not use some more screen plays to make those pass rushers have to hesitate a bit longer?

The Bengals killed it with screen passes in Week 1. Then Week 2 rolls around and they only do 2 screen passes, but they both work and they both gain big yardage. What ever happened to "keep doing it until they can stop it"? The only time this OL has looked good this year is when they are pulling to block on screens, in which case they have been destroying people with blocks.

I'd love a lot more screens worked into the gameplan. It'll slow down that pass rush, and has only produced good results so far. Gio is a monster in screens with how patient and good he is at following his blockers even if it means slowing down a bit before bursting out in speed as soon as the block is made.

Screens and short quick passes can be a suitable replacement for runs. Sean Payton and the Saints have proven that in the past.
DO THAT UNTIL THE OPPONENT STOPS IT! ThumbsUp GEEEZ
Reply/Quote