Poll: Using the poll or with comments in Posts, say where you think Mike Brown will be based on how the last 5 games unfold.
Steelers derail us again starting a 2 and 3 finish or worse – Mike Brown commits to finding a New Head Coach
Steelers derail us again starting a 2 and 3 finish or worse – Marvin still convinces Mike to give him a New Contract
finish 3 & 2 - barely miss the Playoffs - Mike sees this as Progress - 8 & 5 since starting 0 & 3 – Marvin gets New Contract
finish 3 & 2 - barely miss the Playoffs - Mike commits to finding a New Head Coach despite progress since 0 & 3 start
finish 4 & 1 or even 3 & 2 making the Playoffs – Marvin gets New Contract for making the Playoffs
finish 4 & 1 or 3 & 2 to make the Playoffs – Lose in 1st round of Playoffs - Mike commits to finding a New Head Coach
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zero Coaches under contract in just a few weeks - How ending impacts Mike Brown Poll
(11-28-2017, 04:51 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Hue would be a tough sell here to me.  1-26 record isn’t very comforting.

This.  I know we give Mike Brown a lot of flack, but I cannot imagine a scenario where he hires a head coach who could very well go 1-31 in two years at his last job.  Fans would riot.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
1. People are way overestimating our ability to win any of the remaining games based on a game with the Cleveland Browns whom have already quit on this season !

2. We have one game on the remaining schedule we stand a good chance of winning, the Chicago Bears at home.

3. We will lose bad to Pittsburgh on Monday night ! And it will suck any remaining life out of the Bengals.

4. The game against the Vikings on the road is nearly as sure fire a loss as Steelers !

5. The final two games against Lions and Ravens most likely two teams that will still be in the playoff hunt, Ravens on the road to end season will be very tough wins for the Bengals. At best we have two wins left and 7 - 9 will not get us in the playoffs.

6. The Bengals aren't making the playoffs !

And none of this will matter a bit as to what Mike Brown will do with Marvin and the coaching staff. We could lose out and it will matter not.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 07:30 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: I think Giggles retires from coaching, but my biggest fear is Mike Clown let’s him come to the front office forever embedding his failed football philosophy into this team!

(11-28-2017, 08:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: ^ this!!!  I keep hearing or reading move Merv into a GM role... Oh HELL NO!!!  I want this dimwit removed from the organization!! And take his clowns with him!!

I agree!

Marvin moving up could be worse than one more season as HC.

If he moves up then we're stuck with him and his ass-backwards philosophies and HUGE ego.

I'm with ya guys.  I want ol Marvy to take his shit in the box to the left and GTFO.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 05:06 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Against which teams?
I'll give you the Bears, but I'm not confident in the Bengals against any of the other four teams.
I assume you think there will be wins against Lions and Ravens, to which I ask what makes you think the Bengals are better than either?

While the Lions don't have the greatest defense, they are fifth in points scored.
And the Ravens have the second-fewest points allowed.

The Steelers and Vikings are almost sure losses in my mind. The Bears and Ravens are easily winnable. The Lions is pretty close but I give the Bengals the edge because we're at home and I'm a homer.

The Ravens have no offense what-so-ever. Their defense is good, but our offense is waaaaay better than it was at the start of the year. Our offense went from the worst in the league to mediocre, and it's still improving. We have the Ravens number too. We are 7-3 with them in the last 10 games.
Reply/Quote
This is another reason that a change at head coach look inevitable. Which would jive with marvin trying to sort out the coach in ameaoting scenario with Hue a couple of years ago. He and mike both knew this would be it.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 11:48 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: The Steelers and Vikings are almost sure losses in my mind. The Bears and Ravens are easily winnable. The Lions is pretty close but I give the Bengals the edge because we're at home and I'm a homer.

The Ravens have no offense what-so-ever. Their defense is good, but our offense is waaaaay better than it was at the start of the year. Our offense went from the worst in the league to mediocre, and it's still improving. We have the Ravens number too. We are 7-3 with them in the last 10 games.

But if you're going to give the Bengals the edge for being at home, I'd think you'd have to give the Ravens the edge for being at their house, right?
Personally, I'd be amazed to see the Bengals pull out three wins out of the last five.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Marv is gone. Out the door. Good riddance. The other coaches, I am not so sure. They really like Paulie G, but they also like guys like Paul Alexander and I have no idea why.

I would hope for a complete cleansing, but I bet it ends up Guenther. My only realistic hope is Hue gets to run the offense.

But Marv is gone.
Reply/Quote
Who, in their right mind, would quit a job that pays so well no matter how much you screw up?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 12:51 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Even though I voted, what I think will actually happens is that unless we lose out, Brown will still OFFER Merv a contract. But, I'm convinced that Merv is basically just waiting til the year is over and then's retiring from coaching. I think if we come close to making the playoffs up to and including winning a playoff game will be enough for Brown to offer a contract to Merv and do what he can to convince him to stay for one more contract, but I think Merv's done (that and I'm hoping he's done).

I think marvin was planning on leaving after this season...

No new contract and the succession plan they had offered to Hue Jackson 2 years ago... make it seem likely. 

He might not retire from football but decide to mutual parting is in everyones best interest.  cause I'm sure he will be offered a job somewhere if he wants it.

if we somehow make the playoffs it will be pretty impressive in and of itself... 1st round loss or not.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 10:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: But if you're going to give the Bengals the edge for being at home, I'd think you'd have to give the Ravens the edge for being at their house, right?
Personally, I'd be amazed to see the Bengals pull out three wins out of the last five.

Me to !

In fact if we pull 2 wins out of the final 5 it will be a minor miracle. I hear people saying how bad the Ravens offense is, guess they are ignoring our stats ? And the Ravens D is much better than ours !

I think many peeps are putting way to much stock into us beating a 0-10 team last week.
Reply/Quote
Until there is a philosophical change at the top of the organization then the choice of the next hc won’t really matter all that much. None of the top established coaches would come here. You would need to catch the next hot candidate and hope he’s given enough room to flourish.

Under ebenezer’s stewardship any coach here ultimately gets an incomplete because they’ve been coaching with one arm tied behind their back. Lebeau, especially, deserved better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 12:45 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Until there is a philosophical change at the top of the organization then the choice of the next hc won’t really matter all that much.  None of the top established coaches would come here.  You would need to catch the next hot candidate and hope he’s given enough room to flourish.

Under ebenezer’s stewardship any coach here ultimately gets an incomplete because they’ve been coaching with one arm tied behind their back.  Lebeau, especially, deserved better.

I don't think Lebeau was a good HC though. Sure he had no real talent on the team at the time, but he generally had the deer in the headlights look also. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 12:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't think Lebeau was a good HC though. Sure he had no real talent on the team at the time, but he generally had the deer in the headlights look also. 

Probably. Some coaches are just born to be coordinaters. But he never really had a chance here

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 12:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me to !

In fact if we pull 2 wins out of the final 5 it will be a minor miracle. I hear people saying how bad the Ravens offense is, guess they are ignoring our stats ? And the Ravens D is much better than ours !

I think many peeps are putting way to much stock into us beating a 0-10 team last week.

Exactly.

The Bengals running game hasn't exactly been anything to write home about before the Browns game.
Week 11 @ DEN  - 49 total rushing yards
Week 10 @ TEN - 53 total rushing yards
Week 9 @ JAX - 29 total rushing yards
Week 8 vs Colts - 58 total rushing yards

And you might say well the Bengals have been passing a lot better, which is true, but the Ravens defense is 2nd in the league with 189.9 passing YPG and 2nd in PPG.

And a HUGE problem with the Bengals prior to last week was also TOP.
Bengals will need to win TOP to beat the Ravens. Simple as that.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2017, 08:26 PM)Benton Wrote: I dunno. It seems like we’ve been on the “you get one more year” approach for a couple years. Being unorthodox doesn’t bother Brown.

But I also lean towards thinking that when we do make a change, it’s goong to be more than just promoting within. I think it will be more cleaning out and letting Katie put her stamp on the tram. Unless it goes badly, then the media will just blame it on one more Brown blunder before he retired.

This was Marv's one more year Benton. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 12:37 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Me to !

(11-29-2017, 01:19 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Exactly.

The Bengals running game hasn't exactly been anything to write home about before the Browns game.
Week 11 @ DEN  - 49 total rushing yards
Week 10 @ TEN - 53 total rushing yards
Week 9 @ JAX - 29 total rushing yards
Week 8 vs Colts - 58 total rushing yards

And you might say well the Bengals have been passing a lot better, which is true, but the Ravens defense is 2nd in the league with 189.9 passing YPG and 2nd in PPG.

And a HUGE problem with the Bengals prior to last week was also TOP.
Bengals will need to win TOP to beat the Ravens. Simple as that.

I actually hope you guys are right and we either lose out or just pull one game off just so Marv and PA are gone.

You guys are missing the part on why we sucked so bad in the running game though. It was that Zone Blocking Scheme
that made it impossible for the O-line to gain any confidence cause it was so passive. They changed it up to a Directional 
Blocking Scheme in the last game and it was easy to see the difference.

Don't give me it was just the Browns shit. There were tons of people on here picking us to lose that game. The Browns

are one of the toughest run stopping teams in the NFL and got their two best run stoppers back in this game they didn't
have the first game we played them.

Also have to add that our Defense should improve with the young guys like Billings, Will Jax, Willis, Dennard, Fej, Evans
getting more snaps and experience. I expect us to win atleast 3 games out of the 5. The Steelers on Monday night is a
loss, we all know it but the only really good team we face after that is the Vikings in my opinion. Have not been impressed
with the other 3 at all this season.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I actually hope you guys are right and we either lose out or just pull one game off just so Marv and PA are gone.

You guys are missing the part on why we sucked so bad in the running game though. It was that Zone Blocking Scheme
that made it impossible for the O-line to gain any confidence cause it was so passive. They changed it up to a Directional 

Don't give me it was just the Browns shit. There were tons of people on here picking us to lose that game. The Browns

are one of the toughest run stopping teams in the NFL and got their two best run stoppers back in this game they didn't
have the first game we played them.

Also have to add that our Defense should improve with the young guys like Billings, Will Jax, Willis, Dennard, Fej, Evans
getting more snaps and experience. I expect us to win atleast 3 games out of the 5. The Steelers on Monday night is a
loss, we all know it but the only really good team we face after that is the Vikings in my opinion. Have not been impressed
with the other 3 at all this season.

Valid point on the directional blocking, but that was just one game. We don't know if that's going to continue or not. Hard to say something is a trend when it only happened once.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 02:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Valid point on the directional blocking, but that was just one game. We don't know if that's going to continue or not. Hard to say something is a trend when it only happened once.

Hey, i guess it wouldn't surprise me if we just abandoned what was working well once again with these coaches.

You might be right and we lose out or just win one, kind of hoping we do to make sure these clowns are gone like i said.

If they abandon the directional blocking and go back to the zone blocking i completely agree with you guys on our final record.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 02:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:  They changed it up to a Directional 

Don't give me it was just the Browns shit. 

No they didn't.

It was just the shitty Browns.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2017, 03:26 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No they didn't.

It was just the shitty Browns.

I said don't give me that shit.

The Browns are one of the best run stopping teams in the league and got back Danny Shelton and another one of their
run stoppers they didn't have the first time we played them. Just cause we always beat the Browns doesn't mean you
have a point. We had to throw the last time around.

Something changed in our aggression, it wasn't near as passive as it has been all season.

Don't tell me it was all Hewitt and Mixon either. They both played well but there was a big time difference in the way
the O-line played. Call it what you want, less zone, more directional, it was different.
Reply/Quote