Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Zero coverage because they don't want you to have the info
(05-22-2022, 04:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Alternatively it was before he started pushing against their preferred narrative.  Let's please not pretend that politicians will turn on you on a dime; today's friend is tomorrow's enemy and vice versa.  Look at how "admired" Michael Cohen became to the left once he started talking shit about Trump.  Look at how Dave Chappelle became public enemy #1 because he dared to tell jokes about trans people and has a different opinion than the agreed upon narrative.

I get you dislike Musk, and you've made your reasons for it clear.  But ascribing any motive to the Dems sudden hatred for Musk on anything other than his throwing handfuls of salt in their game is disingenuous.  They'll be turning on Bill Maher next, he's straying way off the reservation of late.

I don't really understand. Musk called the Democrats the party of hate. Of course he won't get flowers in response.

The accusation of the year 2016 that was settled in the year 2018 has nothing to do with this turn of events in 2022.

As for Cohen (and everyone who turned away from Trump or from whom Trump turned away), yeah that is absolutely true and a media embarrassment, but I fail to see the connection here.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 04:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Alternatively it was before he started pushing against their preferred narrative.  Let's please not pretend that politicians will turn on you on a dime; today's friend is tomorrow's enemy and vice versa.  Look at how "admired" Michael Cohen became to the left once he started talking shit about Trump.  Look at how Dave Chappelle became public enemy #1 because he dared to tell jokes about trans people and has a different opinion than the agreed upon narrative.

I get you dislike Musk, and you've made your reasons for it clear.  But ascribing any motive to the Dems sudden hatred for Musk on anything other than his throwing handfuls of salt in their game is disingenuous.  They'll be turning on Bill Maher next, he's straying way off the reservation of late.

Yeah, but, in almost every episode he still goes pretty hard at the right. He literally said they are acting like Nazis recently. Them calling Dems pedos etc

I do get your point though. Just saying he still shows disdain for folks on the right. Particularly the MAGA worshippers. 

I do hope he keeps up the criticism of the left. I'm pretty much in agreement with A LOT of what he says about the left these days. Remember though, he's not been too shy in the past about calling out what he feels about the left. Like the one time he argued with Ben Afleck. Haha. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/3496659-how-the-sussmann-trial-revealed-hillary-clintons-role-in-the-alfa-bank-scandal/
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 05:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/3496659-how-the-sussmann-trial-revealed-hillary-clintons-role-in-the-alfa-bank-scandal/

(05-21-2022, 10:25 AM)Goalpost Wrote: https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/20/politics/hillary-clinton-robby-mook-fbi/index.html

So Hillary approved a false story of Trump's connection to a Russian bank.  Her people went to the media and ultimately the secret service with it.  Then puts out a tweet saying.. Heh look what they found....  Good stuff.  And her own people are saying this happened.

On this very board there is a link to CNN covering this story. I have to say. This resolve is utterly disappointing.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 05:43 PM)Sled21 Wrote: https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/3496659-how-the-sussmann-trial-revealed-hillary-clintons-role-in-the-alfa-bank-scandal/

CNN is covering it all over the place. Lol. 
I used to be jmccracky. Or Cracky for short.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 05:02 PM)hollodero Wrote: I don't really understand. Musk called the Democrats the party of hate. Of course he won't get flowers in response.

Sure, except that came well after the Dems turned on him.

Quote:The accusation of the year 2016 that was settled in the year 2018 has nothing to do with this turn of events in 2022.

Ehh, I wish I could agree with you.  Musk buys Twitter and the Dems turn on him.  He goes harder on them, basically calls that they will next label him a racist (which they did in the NY Times article) or a sexual predator, which leads us to the current example.  Do you really not find it at all suspicious that this woman's claims are just now surfacing?  Why now, why not a year after it happened?  Why not two years after it happened?  Why not three?  Six whole years ago it allegedly occurred, but it's just coming out now, now that Musk has gone all in against the Dems?  Way too big a coincidence for me to write it off.  I honestly wish we didn't live in a world that led me to these types of conclusions.

Quote:As for Cohen (and everyone who turned away from Trump or from whom Trump turned away), yeah that is absolutely true and a media embarrassment, but I fail to see the connection here.

The connection is that you're a bad guy, or a good guy, based almost entirely on how you help "X" party.  Musk is now perceived as a threat to the Dems, hence the treatment he has gotten of late.  I know you're not subjected to our media to the same degree that we are, but I'm honestly surprised you don't see it.  I mentioned the NY Times article on Musk that was a literal hit piece, just look at this Google search;

https://www.google.com/search?q=ny+times+article+on+elon+musk&tbm=nws&source=univ&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjtjfaEiPT3AhVIJUQIHRAyDqEQt8YBegQIHhAF&biw=2560&bih=1336&dpr=1.5

Literally every single NYT article on Musk is deeply negative.  Contrast that to the largely positive press he got in the past, and not the distant past either.  The message is clear, toe the line or prepare to be smeared.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 03:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Fox is conservative and doesn't believe that a man is a woman just because they think they're a woman.

I'd say that's pretty much the opposite of ignorant.

The definition of Bigotry includes ignorance.  Keep those blinders on my friend.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 06:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Ehh, I wish I could agree with you.  Musk buys Twitter and the Dems turn on him.  He goes harder on them, basically calls that they will next label him a racist (which they did in the NY Times article) or a sexual predator, which leads us to the current example.  Do you really not find it at all suspicious that this woman's claims are just now surfacing?  Why now, why not a year after it happened?  Why not two years after it happened?  Why not three?  Six whole years ago it allegedly occurred, but it's just coming out now, now that Musk has gone all in against the Dems?  Way too big a coincidence for me to write it off.  I honestly wish we didn't live in a world that led me to these types of conclusions.

Yeah there's a lot I see differently. First off, I do not think Dems saw Twitter as their party tool, and I do also not perceive it as that clearly leftist echo chamber that censors conservative voices. We just disagree on that. Next off, I do not see the New York Times as beholden to the Democratic party, but rather as an opinionated newspaper doing opinionated newspaper things. And first and foremost, I think Musk gets painted as a sexual predator because there's an accusation. One that was settled in 2018, for 250.000 dollars. Doesn't necessarily mean he did as accused, but on the other hand, 250.000 dollars were paid and I have doubts that would just happen on any scam.

And finally, why it surfaced now? Well, someone dug it up. That has zero bearing on whether it happened or not, most importantly. It got dug up most likely by the media, most likely by left-leaning media, which will happen quite often as soon as someone turns to politics. His dirt gets dug up. I see no mystery there, and I see no evidence of Democratic wrongdoing aside from expectation that they would. But even if. The matter still was reported and settled.

(05-22-2022, 06:42 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: The connection is that you're a bad guy, or a good guy, based almost entirely on how you help "X" party.  Musk is now perceived as a threat to the Dems, hence the treatment he has gotten of late.  I know you're not subjected to our media to the same degree that we are, but I'm honestly surprised you don't see it.  I mentioned the NY Times article on Musk that was a literal hit piece, just look at this Google search;

https://www.google.com/search?q=ny+times+article+on+elon+musk&tbm=nws&source=univ&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjtjfaEiPT3AhVIJUQIHRAyDqEQt8YBegQIHhAF&biw=2560&bih=1336&dpr=1.5

Literally every single NYT article on Musk is deeply negative.  Contrast that to the largely positive press he got in the past, and not the distant past either.  The message is clear, toe the line or prepare to be smeared.

Overall, I don't disagree much with that. And the tone sure has turned negative towards Musk, and sure it's probably mainly because of politics. Part of it I find not so tragic, Musk himself played quite a part in the escalation, and using a term like "party of hate" and that's why I vote republicans now is intentionally controversial, especially for a guy that just bought/is buying Twitter (Dorsey didn't say that, and what would have happened if he had). It's no surprise there's blowback; The intensity and methods sure can be questioned. Similarly to case Trump.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 12:26 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: If think the "truth" on Politics comes from any of them, then you are also living a life of willful ignorance.

Almost all news pieces come with maybe a fact or two, and the rest is opinion used to sway a reader/viewer to their side.

Bingo we have a winner ! All "news" in todays world from it doesn't matter what network has an agenda behind it.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 07:28 PM)hollodero Wrote: And finally, why it surfaced now? Well, someone dug it up. That has zero bearing on whether it happened or not, most importantly. It got dug up most likely by the media, most likely by left-leaning media, which will happen quite often as soon as someone turns to politics.

“Turns to politics.”

No digging into anything until he’s a political “opponent” of the left-leaning media?

You just gave the game away.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 08:07 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: “Turns to politics.”

No digging into anything until he’s a political “opponent” of the left-leaning media?

You just gave the game away.

If you want to see it that way, fine. Despite your insinuation, I have no affiliation with the liberals of US politics, nor am I a defender of liberal leaning media, nor am I part of any liberal circles; I actually have nothing to give away in the first place.
And it's sure not my game either.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 08:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: If you want to see it that way, fine. Despite your insinuation, I have no affiliation with the liberals of US politics, nor am I a defender of liberal leaning media, nor am I part of any liberal circles; I actually have nothing to give away in the first place.
And it's sure not my game either.

I wasn’t insinuating anything about you.

You gave “their” game away.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 09:14 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: I wasn’t insinuating anything about you.

You gave “their” game away.

Oh... alright. Maybe I did then. I have to add though that my central point was that the circumstances you call the game are in no way proof that the allegations themselves were made up. No politically motivated ("far left", as Musk said), morally compromised woman would have had reason to falsely accuse Musk in 2016 to help Democrats.

And yet many, including Musk, claim that this was what really happened.
Reply/Quote
LOL

I have to hand to the OP. I think he has this left/right all completely figured out.

Democrat speaks about ex-boss "Why isn't anyone talking about this bombshell evidence?"
Last 4 years . . . multiple Republicans speak about ex-boss "lying disgruntled ex-employees"

It seems like even Republicans know that Democrats speak truth while Republicans are full of shit and can't be trusted.

Got it.

Anyway, shocking that both candidates were poor choices in 2016. I guess history shows us that now.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote

Eh, there is a little of column A and a little of column B, there. However, I will 100% agree that for a lot of Democrats they didn't choose to open their eyes about Musk until he started speaking in a way they didn't like. They were fine to turn a blind eye towards his apartheid money and shitty labor practices as long as he was just talking about saving the world with technology.

Dave and Bill, since I am a fan of stand-up comedy my take is different from a lot of folks. But I am also in the place on the left where I am anti-capitalist enough but not a tanky to still be a big proponent of democratic principles such as free speech.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 06:33 PM)jmccracky Wrote: CNN is covering it all over the place. Lol. 

What I find interesting about it is it just shows the corruption of the Clinton machine, which wasn't something most people would've argued against. The trial is actually pointing out that the Justice Department were victims of attempts at manipulation from the campaign, themselves, which tears apart the whole "deep state" conspiracy theories.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote

The key info from the article.

Quote:Clinton was not supposed to be the object of the Sussmann trial, because Judge Christopher Cooper, an Obama appointee, issued a series of orders limiting the scope of the trial and its evidence. The orders were viewed as “spar[ing] the Clinton campaign and the Democratic National Committee … potential embarrassment.” 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The outcome wasn't worth the teasing.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 07:03 PM)Stewy Wrote: The definition of Bigotry includes ignorance.  Keep those blinders on my friend.

Yea, it's a funny thing, got nothing against LGBTQ, live and let live, but my cat thinks it's a dog, but the other dogs in the neighborhood fail to cooperate. I can't figure out what's wrong with all of those bigot dogs.
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2022, 03:55 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Fox is conservative and doesn't believe that a man is a woman just because they think they're a woman.

I'd say that's pretty much the opposite of ignorant.

Fox also caters to people who oppose democracy yet identify as patriotic, so I guess everyone is catering to their own brand of crazy.
Reply/Quote