Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zim in Cincy....
I wonder if the Browns will take Mike Zimmer to dinner Saturday night? Given the story about how MB, and most Bengals fans, consider Zim the one who got away, and given how long he was here, I just wonder if they won't get together. While I'm still on the Taylor wagon, and give him this one last year to produce, I always wanted Zimmer to be HC when they were talking about firing Marvin. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall.....
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 08:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I wonder if the Browns will take Mike Zimmer to dinner Saturday night? Given the story about how MB, and most Bengals fans, consider Zim the one who got away, and given how long he was here, I just wonder if they won't get together. While I'm still on the Taylor wagon, and give him this one last year to produce, I always wanted Zimmer to be HC when they were talking about firing Marvin. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall.....

I would say Covid will be a reason they will not meet, Brown family and Zimmer have always seemed to have respect for each other.  The time has moved on from Zimmer being a HC in bengal land, he is the enemy now and lets defeat that enemy on Sunday .. Who Dey
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Yes but ol' Zims will have to eat his nuggs without sauce.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 08:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I wonder if the Browns will take Mike Zimmer to dinner Saturday night? Given the story about how MB, and most Bengals fans, consider Zim the one who got away, and given how long he was here, I just wonder if they won't get together. While I'm still on the Taylor wagon, and give him this one last year to produce, I always wanted Zimmer to be HC when they were talking about firing Marvin. It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall.....

Interesting question. I seriously doubt it but who knows.

The conspiracy theorist part of me thinks Zim gave a phony endorsement of Trae Waynes to Mike Brown as payback for letting Marv go. He knew Waynes wasn't worth that contract, but he likely didn't think ZT was worth it either- especially not at the expense of his longtime friend and colleague. Something tells me he didn't mind turning the knife a little bit. :p
Reply/Quote
Zims always in Cinci. He was just here 2 weeks ago. He can have dinner with MB anytime. Doesn't have to be game week (which it wouldn't be anyway).

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I don't know, if Zimmer was responsible for bringing COUSINS to Minnesota, I'm glad now he is never gonna be a coach for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 05:19 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I don't know, if Zimmer was responsible for bringing COUSINS to Minnesota, I'm glad now he is never gonna be a coach for the Bengals.

We could only hope to see the success Zimmer has saw in Minny here in Cinci. Why wouldn't you take his record over ours in his time in Minnesota vs our time in the same time period?

This is an "interesting" comment. You don't like playoff appearances and victories?

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 05:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: We could only hope to see the success Zimmer has saw in Minny here in Cinci. Why wouldn't you take his record over ours in his time in Minnesota vs our time in the same time frame?

This is an "interesting" comment.

No doubt. Must be Cousins vax comments influencing Bengalitis interesting comment...Hmm
Reply/Quote
Thinking when Bengals thrash the Vikings and after our defense dominates them and McGood adds five FG's.

Zimmer will come beg for the job, thinking with a defense and kicker that good he can lead Bengals to the promise land quickly.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 05:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: We could only hope to see the success Zimmer has saw in Minny here in Cinci. Why wouldn't you take his record over ours in his time in Minnesota vs our time in the same time period?

This is an "interesting" comment. You don't like playoff appearances and victories?

Zimmer started  doing well as HC and then starting going downhill like Marvin as HC... I never liked Cousins.. plays well during the season but poorly during pressure or comeback needs. I think they overpaid him with little proven. 

I wanted Zimmer as HC back in the day before he left Cinci, he was ideal to transition after Marvin, as always, we can't have nice things for the bengals. Sad
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 05:19 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I don't know, if Zimmer was responsible for bringing COUSINS to Minnesota, I'm glad now he is never gonna be a coach for the Bengals.

I seriously doubt Zimmer wanted to be hampered by that contract.

Reply/Quote

Hell no.

THAT would totally send the wrong measege to the team. He's the enemy now..
Reply/Quote
Today in sesame Street the letter is T for Tampering!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2021, 05:44 PM)jj22 Wrote: We could only hope to see the success Zimmer has saw in Minny here in Cinci. Why wouldn't you take his record over ours in his time in Minnesota vs our time in the same time period?

He has been to playoffs 3 times in his 7 yrs since 2014 , bengals went to playoffs 2 times since 2014, he is 2-3 in playoffs  with let's be honest 1 fluke win, he has yet to make it to playoffs 2 years in a row. He is a good but inconsistent coach similar to Marvin that has been given more $$$ to build team than bengals have .. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 02:37 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: He has been to playoffs 3 times in his 7 yrs since 2014 , bengals went to playoffs 2 times since 2014, he is 2-3 in playoffs  with let's be honest 1 fluke win, he has yet to make it to playoffs 2 years in a row. He is a good but inconsistent coach similar to Marvin that has been given more $$$ to build team than bengals have .. 

Are you agreeing with the other poster you'd prefer our record in the last 7 years? Regular season and playoff's included? 

I'll also highlight his regular season record of 64-47-1 which you failed to mention. Shall I provide our record during this same time or nah?

Not sure where the need to slam Zimmers record (or prefer our current situation over his) comes from.

Reply/Quote

Doubt it, but possible.  Mike's wife's family lives in Cincy.  I'm sure they will be wanting to spend time with them.  
Reply/Quote
Zim preparing for his stint as Bengals HC.

Mike Petraglia
@Trags
·
3h
"I've been extremely impressed with Burrow. He's not afraid to throw balls into a tight window. I think he'll be better than (Carson Palmer). He scrambles. I think y'all hit big on that one." Zimmer on Joe Burrow.

Not sure Burrow is better than Palmer... Interesting to bring Palmer up. Could have said Dalton (even that is debatable right now).

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2021, 09:13 AM)jj22 Wrote: Are you agreeing with the other poster you'd prefer our record in the last 7 years? Regular season and playoff's included? 

I'll also highlight his regular season record of 64-47-1 which you failed to mention. Shall I provide our record during this same time or nah?

Not sure where the need to slam Zimmers record (or prefer our current situation over his) comes from.

Sheeeeeit. Just gimme that one fluke playoff win and i'd be happy...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Pregame would be pretty inappropriate. Postgame, sure.
Reply/Quote