Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zim is coming home
But only for a couple of practices. Bengals will practice with the Vikings  twice on the PBS practice fields prior to the pre season game. That would be a great session to go to ....
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 02:59 PM)Sled21 Wrote: But only for a couple of practices. Bengals will practice with the Vikings  twice on the PBS practice fields prior to the pre season game. That would be a great session to go to ....

Still is pretty damn cool, even if it is just practice. Have great respect for Zim and have been quietly
rooting for the Vikings ever since he got there. That is how much i respect the guy and i have heard
a few others that have done the same.

Always a Bengal fan but if there is another team i root for it is probably Zim's team.
Reply/Quote
Not the way I wanted to see Zim as head coach on the Bengals' field.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 03:17 PM)Benton Wrote: Not the way I wanted to see Zim as head coach on the Bengals' field.

True. Sad
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 03:17 PM)Benton Wrote: Not the way I wanted to see Zim as head coach on the Bengals' field.

Bingo.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Mike Zimmer instantly transformed a garbage D into a respectable unit in 2008. He handled the pain of losing his wife and becoming a single father like a champ. He gets the most outta his guys (Wallace Gilberry anyone?), And truly cares for them. I will always be a fan of his.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I have become a closet Vikings fan ever since they hired Zim. When I used to hear how he "didn't interview well", or some BS about how he called a spade a spade (or in the case of the former Louisville coach, a jackass a jackass) it always made me feel sick. Rationalize the decision not to hire him all you want, but i always thought that was a bunch of crap.

Nice to see he is getting the last laugh, although it was more than a little disconcerting when that FG that was closer than an extra point was missed, dropping them out of the playoffs.

He will always be a part of the Mount Rushmore of "When The Bengals Turned Into Winners".
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 05:12 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I have become a closet Vikings fan ever since they hired Zim. When I used to hear how he "didn't interview well", or some BS about how he called a spade a spade (or in the case of the former Louisville coach, a jackass a jackass) it always made me feel sick. Rationalize the decision not to hire him all you want, but i always thought that was a bunch of crap.

Nice to see he is getting the last laugh, although it was more than a little disconcerting when that FG that was closer than an extra point was missed, dropping them out of the playoffs.

He will always be a part of the Mount Rushmore of "When The Bengals Turned Into Winners".
I agree.... I was afraid of losing him after his first season in Cincinnati. I don't think it was bad interviews so much as his very gruff exterior. I don't think there is a shred of "yes man" in him. Your spade comment is spot on. Do you remember when he had Tank Johnson in his office the first time they were on Hard Knocks? That's how you give a grown man a talkin to. Tank completely responded to it too. Great coach. Great leader in general.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2016, 03:16 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Still is pretty damn cool, even if it is just practice. Have great respect for Zim and have been quietly
rooting for the Vikings ever since he got there. That is how much i respect the guy and i have heard
a few others that have done the same.

Always a Bengal fan but if there is another team i root for it is probably Zim's team.

Same here except not so quietly. 

Big Zimmer fan and a big Bridgewater fan as well. 

First time ever pulling another team actually. 

Still it is Bengals all the way, but a secondary team for me until both leave. 

Just need both to meet in SB now. 

P.S. Like Marvin more than some, yet still hate seeing Zimmer get away and would have loved him being our HC. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I hate Mike Zimmer.

Because he isn't our head coach. (Insert Ninja smilie here) P.S. Why don't I get to use smilies?
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 12:36 AM)Go Cards Wrote: P.S. Like Marvin more than some, yet still hate seeing Zimmer get away and would have loved him being our HC. 

With you on the Marvin comment as well.  He drives me nuts with some in-game clock management, but he is an incredible scout and the biggest reason for our turnaround.  
Reply/Quote
Of all the coaches/players that have left the Bengals, losing Zimmer was the worst. I was happy for him because he deserves it, but, I really hoped he wasn't going to get any offers.
Reply/Quote
This will be a setback for those of us just now starting to get over losing him. Vikes are lucky to have him leading them. I know the team and fans love him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Zim should be our HC....
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 12:51 AM)Lewdog Wrote: I hate Mike Zimmer.  

Because he isn't our head coach.  (Insert Ninja smilie here)  P.S.  Why don't I get to use smilies?

Ninja
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 10:30 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Zim should be our HC....

Who else has been mentioned as "the next HC" during Marvin's run?

I recall Zimmer, Hue, and Vance Joseph, specifically.
Reply/Quote
I don't suppose we could get away with a Parent Trap situation and swap Lewis and Zimmer right under Minnesota's nose.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 12:36 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Same here except not so quietly. 

Big Zimmer fan and a big Bridgewater fan as well. 

First time ever pulling another team actually. 

Still it is Bengals all the way, but a secondary team for me until both leave. 

Just need both to meet in SB now. 

P.S. Like Marvin more than some, yet still hate seeing Zimmer get away and would have loved him being our HC. 

T-New is still there isn't he?

I also like Harrison Smith their Safety if he is still there.

Then Zim went and brought in 2 underperforming former Bengals in Lamur and Andre...

That would say something pretty amazing about Zim if he could turn those two into what they were propped up to be at one time.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 01:23 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who else has been mentioned as "the next HC" during Marvin's run?

I recall Zimmer, Hue, and Vance Joseph, specifically.

Those are the only three. Nobody with a brain was clamoring for Brat or Bresnehan.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2016, 04:20 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Those are the only three. Nobody with a brain was clamoring for Brat or Bresnehan.

I do think Zampese has gotten some looks.  Didn't he interview for a few positions elsewhere?  It helps that he is related to Don Coryell.
Reply/Quote