Zimmer back to Cincinnati?
Adam not Mike, sorry guys,

Chris Tomasson is a Vikings reported

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Nice to hear..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
How can you post a picture like that and then say "No comment".

This social media bullshit is getting silly.
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't return to his role as assistant DBs coach. That room is pretty young; especially with Bate's not signing.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Maybe somebody just gave him a bengals hat as a gift lol
Reply/Quote
I HOPE Coach Taylor had a say in this. They clear the dead wood from the Marvin Era off the team and go Super Bowl, so why a move back into the Marvin Era ? We had a Super Bowl Defense. This is only a good move if Coach Gruden and Bengals Defensive Coach approved of this all the way. I don't want this Front Office messing up the good team we have now with the nonsense this Front Office pulled for 30 years of Losing. Something some fans need to get a grip on is the 2005 Bengals and some other over rated years were not that good of teams. I liked the 5 straight years of play-offs, in spite of no play-off wins, and Zimmer was a good Defensive Coach in that era, but that was then, this is now. The window slammed closed on that era in a big way with years of last place.

Don't Scuttle Our Super Bowl Team.....I like the Team we have now. I do not want to see a return of Marvin people.

Now if this was Zac Taylors choice, I'm OK with it. If it was Tobins or The Front Office, I'm not OK with it.

The Marvin Lewis Era is dead. Long live the Super Bowl Zac Taylor era.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 06:52 PM)kevin Wrote: I HOPE  Coach Gruden had a say in this.  The clear the dead wood from the Marvin Era off the team and go Super Bowl, so why a move back into the Marvin Era ?  We had a Super Bowl Defense.  This is only a good move if Coach Gruden and Bengals Defensive Coach approved of this all the way.  I don't want this Front Office messing up the good team we have now with the nonsense this Front Office pulled for 30 years of Losing.

I doubt seriously if adding Adam Zimmer to the staff would mess up the chemistry of the team or coaching staff.  He is 8 years removed from his 1 season stint as assistant defensive back coach for Marvin

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
A few years back Adam Zimmer was pegged as one of the "up and coming" coaches and voted to head coach at the East West Shrine Bowl. Things obviously didnt work out in Minnesota.

He has mostly been a Linebacker coach.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 06:58 PM)pally Wrote: I doubt seriously if adding Adam Zimmer to the staff would mess up the chemistry of the team or coaching staff.  He is 8 years removed from his 1 season stint as assistant defensive back coach for Marvin

Only if Zac Taylor approved this am I good with it.   We have a Super Bowl team now, so why march back into the Marvin Lewis era ?  I don't want the Front Office that lost for 30 years to ruin this team after just one good year.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 06:52 PM)kevin Wrote: I HOPE  Coach Taylor had a say in this.  They clear the dead wood from the Marvin Era off the team and go Super Bowl, so why a move back into the Marvin Era ? 

You got it man.  As soon as we get rid of Mixon, Boyd, Hubbard, Bates, and Coach Simmons we will be a Super Bowl lock.  Those guys really held us back last year.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 07:06 PM)kevin Wrote:   I don't want the Front Office that lost for 30 years to ruin this team after just one good year.

What are you talking about?

We have what you would call a "Super Bowl front office".  You know, just like our "Super Bowl defense".  If we went to the Super Bowl how could they have any flaws?
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 07:06 PM)kevin Wrote: Only if Zac Taylor approved this am I good with it.   We have a Super Bowl team now, so why march back into the Marvin Lewis era ?  I don't want the Front Office that lost for 30 years to ruin this team after just one good year.

This isn't Mike Zimmer. It's his son. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
How were the secondaries in Minnesota? They usually had good defenses yes?
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 01:13 PM)pally Wrote: Adam not Mike, sorry guys,

Chris Tomasson is a Vikings reported

[Image: 1d10cfd1-cd4e-46b6-bc7a-2a6fb2ac3a84_text.gif]

Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 10:34 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: How were the secondaries in Minnesota? They usually had good defenses yes?

I don't think Adam coached the DBs in Minny. He was with the LBs
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
I'm cool with anybody named Zimmer coaching football around here
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 07:14 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You got it man.  As soon as we get rid of Mixon, Boyd, Hubbard, Bates, and Coach Simmons we will be a Super Bowl lock.  Those guys really held us back last year.

Do you understand what deadwood means?
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2022, 11:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I don't think Adam coached the DBs in Minny. He was with the LBs

They must have liked him in that role, as he was also titled Co-Defensive Coordinator.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Still trying to find out what Coach Gruden has to do with this?

Adam Zimmer is a quality assistant coach. Adding a quality assistant coach is a good thing, not something that will mess up chemistry. They must have had a position that needed filled. 
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2022, 08:20 AM)gman657 Wrote: Do you understand what deadwood means?

Yes I do.

Why are you calling Zimmer "deadwood"?
Reply/Quote