Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zimmer might be coming back!
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000762964/article/minnesota-vikings-dbs-ditch-mike-zimmers-game-plan

His corners went rogue on him. Looks like he lost control of the team!
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 10:00 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000762964/article/minnesota-vikings-dbs-ditch-mike-zimmers-game-plan

There's a reason he didn't get a HC gig until he was 60. Dude is a very good coordinator and probably could be a very good College HC. It starting going downhill when his OC bolted. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 10:00 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000762964/article/minnesota-vikings-dbs-ditch-mike-zimmers-game-plan

They went rogue and got burned most of the game. Says a lot more about those DB's than Zim, IMO.
Reply/Quote
How'd that work out for them? Dumbasses.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Man I'd be thrilled to have him back as DC with a new HC.

Sean Payton or Todd Haley with Zimmer as DC? Please make this happen.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
lol at thread title.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Dont get your hopes up. I think Zimmer leads them into the post-peterson era.
Reply/Quote
Hes my favorite coach ever, but hes a personality that only few can handle...

Vikings went downhill fast, why in the world would the DBs disappoint him? Terrance Newman played for him for a long time in Dallas, Cincinnati and now Minnesota.. These young guys not listen to older players or Coaches?

Edt: apparently not

if i was zimmer, i would cut every DB. Jordy Nelson torched them brutally..but thats the bill belicheck style in me..only he can cut players who dont listen immediately...( it obviously wins games year after year)
Reply/Quote
Players get coaches fired in the NFL all the time.

That team started out what 5-0 and will now be lucky to be .500.

I've read a lot about his coaching there. It seems he backed off some of his fire and forcing guys to be accountable. He's mellow at times. There was also speculation that he's good at getting a bunch of underdogs to perform on defense, but if you give him talent it underperforms.

I do like Zimmer as a coach...but our defense melted down in playoff games with him here. THAT was a big reason for some of our playoff losses just as much as Dalton turning the ball over was.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:13 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Man I'd be thrilled to have him back as DC with a new HC.

Sean Payton or Todd Haley with Zimmer as DC? Please make this happen.

Todd Haley would be my choice.  Gotta like the added bonus of raiding the Steelers. 
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Hate to mention it, but there is zero evidence to support the notion Zimmer is a better DC than the one we currently have. Yeah, you can say Guenther inherited the D we have, but it's still our D and has for the most part played pretty damn good. Zimmer's been gone  for awhile now and there hasn't been the huge drop off some seem to think. Certain position groups have fallen off, but that's more position coaches than Paulie. 

Alright now..I hearby declare this the most popular post of this thread and anyone who disputes it is OFF MY Columbus day card list immediately.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:17 AM)McC Wrote: Todd Haley would be my choice.  Gotta like the added bonus of raiding the Steelers. 

I don't know. Haley wasn't that successful as a HC before...and how hard is it for an OC to look good with a good offensive line and a top 5 QB, RB, and WR?

Haley supposedly doesn't have a great personality either. I don't see him coming in here and being responsible for scouting and drafting and working with MB.

It will likely be someone like Jay Gruden, Guenther, Coyle, Zimmer, or Jackson if any of those guys are fired.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:57 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I don't know. Haley wasn't that successful as a HC before...and how hard is it for an OC to look good with a good offensive line and a top 5 QB, RB, and WR?

Haley supposedly doesn't have a great personality either. I don't see him coming in here and being responsible for scouting and drafting and working with MB.

It will likely be someone like Jay Gruden, Guenther, Coyle, Zimmer, or Jackson if any of those guys are fired.

Wasn't he one incredible throw and catch away from winning a SB?

Looked it up. He was the OC on that team.

But many HC's have more success the second time around.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
And apparently it was only the first series this occurred: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/18348030/minnesota-vikings-dbs-ditch-coach-mike-zimmer-game-plan-covering-jordy-nelson-green-bay-packers-one-play

Anyways the Vikings lost their young star QB before season began, lost AP for most of year, lost Andre Smith during the season, OC stepped down.

And yet they will still have a better record than the Bengals...
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 11:17 AM)McC Wrote: Todd Haley would be my choice.  Gotta like the added bonus of raiding the Steelers. 

Bingo. Love his offense and love that it would hurt the Steelers.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:07 PM)McC Wrote: Wasn't he one incredible throw and catch away from winning a SB?

Looked it up.  He was the OC on that team.

He doesn't strike me as the type that could co-exist with MB. As an OC...I'd love to have him though.
Reply/Quote
Zimmer is NOT coming back unless it's as head coach. There is no way they demote Guenther and bring Zim back as DC....
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:07 PM)McC Wrote: Wasn't he one incredible throw and catch away from winning a SB?

Looked it up.  He was the OC on that team.

Bill Bellicheck.  Gary Kubiak.  Jon Gruden.  
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 02:43 AM)Whatever Wrote: Bill Bellicheck.  Gary Kubiak.  Jon Gruden.  

Tom Coughlin. Tony Dungy.

Reply/Quote
(12-24-2016, 10:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: There's a reason he didn't get a HC gig until he was 60. Dude is a very good coordinator and probably could be a very good College HC. It starting going downhill when his OC bolted. 

It started going downhill when he lost his franchise QB for the year. Then he lost AP. He's lost starters on that offensive line week in and week out. They lost 3 starting offensive tackles. They lost Kalil, Andre Smith, and Jake Long. Their OG Fusco has been sidelined numerous times with concussions. Treadwell and Diggs have dealt with injuries. They lost their OC. Shariff Floyd is also gone for the year.

Honestly, this year has been a dumpster fire for that offense. And yet. They still have a better overall record than 11 teams in the NFL. One of which is our Bengals team. They're 7-8. All things considered with what that team has dealt with, they've done very well.

Zimmer isn't going anywhere. I don't know many coaches that would have been able to mask this team's weaknesses and injuries and been able to say after losing their QB, RB, 3 OTs, and OC. All of which have been gone since November 10th.

However, their QB, HB, and two starting OTs have been gone since October 10th.
Bridgewater- August 31st
AP - Gone in week 2, but came back last week (not this one) only to still be hurt
Kalil - Gone September 21st
Smith - Gone October 10th

Since losing all those pieces mentioned, they went 2-5. Granted, they started 5-0, but it's pretty amazing they did that with the offense they have.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote