Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Zimmer might be coming back!
(12-24-2016, 10:00 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000762964/article/minnesota-vikings-dbs-ditch-mike-zimmers-game-plan

His corners went rogue on him. Looks like he lost control of the team!

Newman should be licking Zimmer's boots for all the times he has put him in a place to be successful with a really good front seven minimizing his liabilities.  Can't believe he did that.  Can't believe Zim didn't rip his head off for doing that, but I can imagine that Newman will not be on the Vikes next year.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fake News, it's finally found it's way to thebengalsboard.com

Whatever

Really, though, that's not going to hurt Zimmer's stock. He turned around a pretty crappy team before this year. And this year, he took a team with considerable injuries and had them competitive until Norv got weird.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:15 AM)Emphasis Wrote: They went rogue and got burned most of the game. Says a lot more about those DB's than Zim, IMO.

So shocked that one of them was Terrence Newman, who has been loyal to Zimmer for many years.  WTH is going on?
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 05:40 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It started going downhill when he lost his franchise QB for the year. Then he lost AP. He's lost starters on that offensive line week in and week out. They lost 3 starting offensive tackles. They lost Kalil, Andre Smith, and Jake Long. Their OG Fusco has been sidelined numerous times with concussions. Treadwell and Diggs have dealt with injuries. They lost their OC. Shariff Floyd is also gone for the year.

Honestly, this year has been a dumpster fire for that offense. And yet. They still have a better overall record than 11 teams in the NFL. One of which is our Bengals team. They're 7-8. All things considered with what that team has dealt with, they've done very well.

Zimmer isn't going anywhere. I don't know many coaches that would have been able to mask this team's weaknesses and injuries and been able to say after losing their QB, RB, 3 OTs, and OC. All of which have been gone since November 10th.

However, their QB, HB, and two starting OTs have been gone since October 10th.
Bridgewater- August 31st
AP - Gone in week 2, but came back last week (not this one) only to still be hurt
Kalil - Gone September 21st
Smith - Gone October 10th

Since losing all those pieces mentioned, they went 2-5. Granted, they started 5-0, but it's pretty amazing they did that with the offense they have.

Idk. The excuses are valid, but the Bengals have plenty of valid excuses as well. Maybe more. Loved Zimmer as a HC candidate before, but the collapse of the Vikings seems to be more than just injuries. Anytime you have respected coaches quitting and players revolting, it sends up major red flags. 

I want Marv replaced, but Zim's rep (as a HC) took a dent with me this year. Even after the injuries, that team was good enough to start 5-0. Bradford has played well for the most part and the defense looked great. Then suddenly Norv mysteriously quits and they're like 2-6 since. Not a good look.

(12-26-2016, 12:30 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: So shocked that one of them was Terrence Newman, who has been loyal to Zimmer for many years.  WTH is going on?

That was the most surprising part. Seems TNew was part of this little mutiny.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
LOL at the people giving Zimmer a pass because he lost his "young franchise QB". Vikings actually upgraded at QB when Bridgewater went down.

I love everything Zimmer did for the Bengals. I am glad he got a shot at being a HC. But the "god-like" status that many here give him is a bit ridiculous. And it is funny to see all of them listing all the injuries Zim has had to deal with while at the same time never giving Marvin a break because "every team has injuries".
Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000763883/article/vikings-defensive-switch-led-by-terence-newman

Looks more like Newman is gone. Mellow
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 05:40 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It started going downhill when he lost his franchise QB for the year. Then he lost AP. He's lost starters on that offensive line week in and week out. They lost 3 starting offensive tackles. They lost Kalil, Andre Smith, and Jake Long. Their OG Fusco has been sidelined numerous times with concussions. Treadwell and Diggs have dealt with injuries. They lost their OC. Shariff Floyd is also gone for the year.

Honestly, this year has been a dumpster fire for that offense. And yet. They still have a better overall record than 11 teams in the NFL. One of which is our Bengals team. They're 7-8. All things considered with what that team has dealt with, they've done very well.

Zimmer isn't going anywhere. I don't know many coaches that would have been able to mask this team's weaknesses and injuries and been able to say after losing their QB, RB, 3 OTs, and OC. All of which have been gone since November 10th.

However, their QB, HB, and two starting OTs have been gone since October 10th.
Bridgewater- August 31st
AP - Gone in week 2, but came back last week (not this one) only to still be hurt
Kalil - Gone September 21st
Smith - Gone October 10th

Since losing all those pieces mentioned, they went 2-5. Granted, they started 5-0, but it's pretty amazing they did that with the offense they have.
Bradford has been a upgrade to Bridgewater in terms of stats... so that is a wash at the most... they need to upgrade at WR/RB
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 01:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk. The excuses are valid, but the Bengals have plenty of valid excuses as well. Maybe more. Loved Zimmer as a HC candidate before, but the collapse of the Vikings seems to be more than just injuries. Anytime you have respected coaches quitting and players revolting, it sends up major red flags. 

I want Marv replaced, but Zim's rep (as a HC) took a dent with me this year. Even after the injuries, that team was good enough to start 5-0. Bradford has played well for the most part and the defense looked great. Then suddenly Norv mysteriously quits and they're like 2-6 since. Not a good look.

That was the most surprising part. Seems TNew was part of this little mutiny.

Hey if they don't want Zimmer, we would be thrilled to have him back.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 01:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Idk. The excuses are valid, but the Bengals have plenty of valid excuses as well. Maybe more. Loved Zimmer as a HC candidate before, but the collapse of the Vikings seems to be more than just injuries. Anytime you have respected coaches quitting and players revolting, it sends up major red flags. 

They started 5-0. After their 5 straight wins, they lost their 2 OTs. Lost their 3rd one soon after. Along with injuries all the way around.

I don't see any more excuses that the Bengals have that the Vikings don't. In fact, the Bengals have far less outside of a new OC (who has been around since 2003), Eifert getting hurt, and Green getting hurt. But they still weren't that great even when Green played.

Norv said the offense wasn't able to masks it's weaknesses anymore and he saw it better for the team for him to step down.

(12-26-2016, 03:07 PM)fredtoast Wrote: LOL at the people giving Zimmer a pass because he lost his "young franchise QB".  Vikings actually upgraded at QB when Bridgewater went down.

I love everything Zimmer did for the Bengals.  I am glad he got a shot at being a HC.  But the "god-like" status that many here give him is a bit ridiculous.  And it is funny to see all of them listing all the injuries Zim has had to deal with while at the same time never giving Marvin a break because "every team has injuries".

Vikings did not upgrade when Bridgewater went down in any way. Is Sam Bradford a veteran? Yes. Does he add something they didn't have in Bradford? No.
Plus, Bridgewater is 24. He still has time to grow. You can't give up on young QBs.

Marvin has been given breaks for having injuries. 2008 was a big one, and 2014 it's very surprising how well we did with what the team went through. Injuries are always prevelant. But I can't recall a time where our team lost it's franchise QB, 3 OTs, OC, and All-Pro RB all within 9 weeks of the season.

Does Zimmer deserve criticism? Absolutely. No coach is without fault. But this team has gone through one of the toughest roads I've ever seen for an offense.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
If this is true I don't want Mike Zimmer anywhere near the Bengals. Marvin Lewis continually loses control of the team and the last thing Cincinnati needs is another coach who doesn't have the team properly disciplined.
Reply/Quote
(12-26-2016, 11:06 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Vikings did not upgrade when Bridgewater went down in any way. Is Sam Bradford a veteran? Yes. Does he add something they didn't have in Bradford? No.

2016 Bradford........98.3 rating....241.8 ypg...15 completions when ball thrown over 20 yards past line of scrimmage

2015 Bridgewater...88.7 rating....201.9 ypg...2 completions when ball thrown over 20 yards past line of scrimmage
Reply/Quote