Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
a Chris Evans question
(11-01-2022, 01:05 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Oh what a difference a week makes.  In this Chris Evans thread I made just last week ( http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Chris-Evans--33541 ) people were heavily defending Mixon.  Seems most on this board are seeing it now.  He's just not very good this year.

I was against Evans being the featured back in that thread.  I would support him getting more time at receiver.  That play that (I believe it was you) showed me from last season, and that sideline grab he had early last night make me think that there might be something there.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
When is our damn long snapped back????
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 12:17 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I don't know if Evans is the answer, but I am really getting tired of seeing Mixon diving onto the ground at first contact. It's like as soon as someone gets close to him he just dives forward to get a yard or two instead of lowering a shoulder and plowing through. I'm not sure if he's forgotten how he used to run, or if he just can't push off that ankle, but I'm ready to see less of him and more or Perine/Evans.

Correct 100% spot on!  Mixon goes down after the first initial contact and doesn't keep his legs moving nor does he try and break tackles.  He reminds me very much of the early 1990s Rb Eric Ball, who was also worthless IMO. Both of these RBs dance in the hole and allows themselves to be taken down by arm tackles. 
Reply/Quote
Joe Mixon's pass blocking ranks 65th out of 67 backs with a grade of 24.3
He leads the league with 3 sacks allowed.

Joe Mixon's elusive rating (making defenders miss) is now down to 51st out of 54 backs.

His Yards After Contact average of 2.05 yards now ranks 53rd of 54 backs.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 11:24 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Mediocre coaches.

BINGO!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2022, 11:48 PM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: Joe Mixon's pass blocking ranks 65th out of 67 backs with a grade of 24.3
He leads the league with 3 sacks allowed.

Joe Mixon's elusive rating (making defenders miss) is now down to 51st out of 54 backs.

His Yards After Contact average of 2.05 yards now ranks 53rd of 54 backs.
Draft Robinson or Charbonnet or Peoples next year and get rid of Mixon. Start Evans and let the rookie RB be the number 2 and Williams or someone else be the 3.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 01:16 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I defended him this offseason. But as the season has gone on it's clear as day he just doesn't fit what we should be doing on offense (running out of shotgun, passing to backs, having our backs pass protect, etc.).

He doesn't pass block well. He doesn't catch the ball all that well. He's not as quick as Perine hitting the hole. We should utilize quicker backs that can win in the pass game and screen game. 

This offense needs to take a deep look at itself and figure out it's strengths. Develop those strengths more and evolve the offense by continually drawing up new and exciting plays to attack the weaknesses of the defenses we are playing. Haven't seen enough of this.

Yep

I believe this is the biggest problem of all. And I'm not sure this staff has the ability to do it?

I don't believe Evans is the answer to our problems. But at this point with Mixon obviously being hurt, washed up, give out or something, why not give him a shot? 

And Perine for that matter.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2022, 09:46 AM)Millhouse Wrote: So against the Clowns last night, he came out on the first drive and had a 26 yard reception down the sideline. That was his first offensive snap of the night. But for whatever reason, he only had one more offensive snap for the rest of the game, for a grand total of 2 snaps on O.

So the question is what gives, why only one more snap for rest of the game? Mixon can't make plays on his own without massive holes made for him (which this line cant do anyways). Mike Thomas had 24 snaps with hands of stone for 0 catches. Perine only runs in a straight line.

On a night when the best playmaker on offense is out, and a second year back makes a very nice play right off the bat only to not see the field again, really makes me question this coaching staff outside of the x's, o's, and schemes, which is also questionable.

Joe Mixon:  $10 million this year
Chris Evans:  $913,000 this year

That is the answer no one wants to acknowledge
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2022, 09:30 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Joe Mixon:  $10 million this year
Chris Evans:  $913,000 this year

That is the answer no one wants to acknowledge

And we have a winner!! No doubt this plays into the decision.
Reply/Quote