Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
added a lb
(05-26-2021, 07:06 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: So, since you seem to have an answer for everything, or more accurately, a criticism for everything, whom would you rather the Bengals not selected, in what round, and for what LB?

Popcorn

Honestly I’m very curious. They started over last draft with 3 new linebackers with Pratt coming into his 3rd season. I bet they still won’t show a ton of development until year 3.

Really curious.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 07:01 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Which are all mid tier mid round linebackers.  Just like bachie.  These guys are not studs.  We continue to waste everyone’s time at the linebacker spot

Not really, Bachie was a UDFA, and our recent LBs were actually drafted in the mid rounds.  And, how he came into the league means nothing.  Plenty of UDFA players have went on to have spectacular careers.  What is important is that he now has an opportunity to displace someone on the Bengals roster.

Competition brings out the best in competitors, and Bachie seems like a true competitor to me.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 09:20 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not really, Bachie was a UDFA, and our recent LBs were actually drafted in the mid rounds.  And, how he came into the league means nothing.  Plenty of UDFA players have went on to have spectacular careers.  What is important is that he now has an opportunity to displace someone on the Bengals roster.

Competition brings out the best in competitors, and Bachie seems like a true competitor to me.

Wasn't James Harrison an UDFA?
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 09:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wasn't James Harrison an UDFA?

He would be one of the guys in mind, when I said many players have came in as UDFA and went on to have fantastic careers.

Just for fun, check out the list of the top 25 UDFA players in NFL history.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1626464-the-25-best-undrafted-free-agent-signings-in-nfl-history

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 09:33 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Wasn't James Harrison an UDFA?

Not to mention Burfict
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 09:47 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not to mention Burfict

All in all, Burfict turned out to be weak sauce, UDFA for a reason..  Headcase

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Mike Hilton was a UDFA and was cut by Jacksonville, then New England and then became a helluva player at Pittsburgh. He wasnt even invited to the combine.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 09:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All in all, Burfict turned out to be weak sauce, UDFA for a reason..  Headcase

I loved him during his short prime, but I don't disagree with you. That's also a pretty bad indictment on how we've done at that position the past coupla decades. I think we've got something with Wilson though. Maybe not a star, but I think he's gonna be beyond solid.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 09:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: He would be one of the guys in mind, when I said many players have came in as UDFA and went on to have fantastic careers.

Just for fun, check out the list of the top 25 UDFA players in NFL history.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1626464-the-25-best-undrafted-free-agent-signings-in-nfl-history

I'd forgotten about him, but wasn't it fun when Cleveland's best player was a return man? 10 years later, their roster is stout as hell... Ours? Not so much.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 09:55 PM)jason Wrote: I loved him during his short prime, but I don't disagree with you. That's also a pretty bad indictment on how we've done at that position the past coupla decades. I think we've got something with Wilson though. Maybe not a star, but I think he's gonna be beyond solid.

Pretty spot on about Burfict Jason. I like what I see in Wilson so far. 
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 09:55 PM)jason Wrote: I loved him during his short prime, but I don't disagree with you. That's also a pretty bad indictment on how we've done at that position the past coupla decades. I think we've got something with Wilson though. Maybe not a star, but I think he's gonna be beyond solid.

I hear ya, I had such high hopes for Burfict.  In the beginning, he looked like a genuine "old school player";  tough, instinctive, and hard hitting.  Little did we know just how far his passion would lead him to not only break the rules, but show a complete disregard for human life.

Somehow, I feel like had Zimmer remained his coach and continued to hold him accountable, he would be just about ready to retire with a hall of fame type of career.  Who knows?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 10:02 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I hear ya, I had such high hopes for Burfict.  In the beginning, he looked like a genuine "old school player";  tough, instinctive, and hard hitting.  Little did we know just how far his passion would lead him to not only break the rules, but show a complete disregard for human life.

Somehow, I feel like had Zimmer remained his coach and continued to hold him accountable, he would be just about ready to retire with a hall of fame type of career.  Who knows?

Mike Zimmer had a way of commanding respect and compliance. I don't think Burfict disregarded Guenther or Marvin, but it's not a coincidence that the suspensions and major fines started in 2014.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 10:00 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Pretty spot on about Burfict Jason. I like what I see in Wilson so far. 

I think Wilson was was shortchanged on his number of snaps last year. It was clear early on that we weren't going anywhere. I wish they'd have played him more to aid his development.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 09:50 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: All in all, Burfict turned out to be weak sauce, UDFA for a reason..  Headcase

TAKE. THIS. BACK! The man’s adrenochrome kept Marvin Lewis alive for many years.
Reply/Quote
I like this signing. He was Michigan's best player on defense and a leader. Has good potential as a role player at the worst.
Reply/Quote
The ubiquitous Internet forum champion rears its head again.
Reply/Quote
Sad Face: Which are all mid tier mid round linebackers. Just like bachie. These guys are not studs. We continue to waste everyone’s time at the linebacker spot

Me: So, since you seem to have an answer for everything, or more accurately, a criticism for everything, whom would you rather the Bengals not selected, in what round, and for what LB?

Sad Face: Crickets....but does respond to other post claiming he is a scout. Ok, then as a scout, you must focus only on player talents and completely ignore something called positional value. The Bengals not only doubled down on LB last year, but they selected THREE LBs. I don't care if Bailey was a 7th rounder, as his drop was injury related.

Bottom line: There is no position before the third round last year, or any of those picks on day 1 and 2 of this year's draft that should have been spent on a LB.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 06:22 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know we've exceeded our limit on Tre/Trey/Trae/Tray 

We still need Troy..... and a cheerleader Trisha.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 06:09 PM)cinci4life Wrote: Here's a link just in case nobody believes it.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/5/26/22455548/joe-bachie-bengals-eagles-news-rumors-nfl-free-agents-2021?fbclid=IwAR3aiP5pEbczrrOoHf9UYDzj6azodXhkjT9d18dAmD4uPSQuUhirkOhSRMk

You're not fooling me, that's Erickson back in disguise.  Attitude
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 09:37 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sad Face: Which are all mid tier mid round linebackers. Just like bachie. These guys are not studs. We continue to waste everyone’s time at the linebacker spot

Me: So, since you seem to have an answer for everything, or more accurately, a criticism for everything, whom would you rather the Bengals not selected, in what round, and for what LB?

Sad Face: Crickets....but does respond to other post claiming he is a scout. Ok, then as a scout, you must focus only on player talents and completely ignore something called positional value. The Bengals not only doubled down on LB last year, but they selected THREE LBs. I don't care if Bailey was a 7th rounder, as his drop was injury related.

Bottom line: There is no position before the third round last year, or any of those picks on day 1 and 2 of this year's draft that should have been spent on a LB.

The bengals have continued to fail to prioritize the linebacker position.... there’s plenty of examples over the years. Addressing it a bunch of times late in a draft doesn’t mean u prioritize the position. Markus Bailey due to injury in part fell yes however after the two years what has bailey done. Nothing any other 7th round linebacker would due. All of these linebackers are all massive question marks going into this season.
The bengals claim they got their guy in Jonah Williams lol a pick I loathed. I wanted devin bush a linebacker but because it’s a massive need that’s obvious to anyone and because we can’t keep anything in house the Steelers leap frog right in front of us and grab Bush lol like Detroit did. Just been a lack of emphasis like the oline for far too long. Imo
Reply/Quote