Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
added a lb
(05-27-2021, 10:46 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: The bengals have continued to fail to prioritize the linebacker position.... there’s plenty of examples over the years. Addressing it a bunch of times late in a draft doesn’t mean u prioritize the position. Markus Bailey due to injury in part fell yes however after the two years what has bailey done. Nothing any other 7th round linebacker would due. All of these linebackers are all massive question marks going into this season.
The bengals claim they got their guy in Jonah Williams lol a pick I loathed. I wanted devin bush a linebacker but because it’s a massive need that’s obvious to anyone and because we can’t keep anything in house the Steelers leap frog right in front of us and grab Bush lol like Detroit did. Just been a lack of emphasis like the oline for far too long. Imo

Markus Bailey has only been in the league one year...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 10:46 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: The bengals have continued to fail to prioritize the linebacker position.... there’s plenty of examples over the years.  Addressing it a bunch of times late in a draft doesn’t mean u prioritize the position.  Markus Bailey due to injury in part fell yes however after the two years what has bailey done. Nothing any other 7th round linebacker would due.  All of these linebackers are all massive question marks going into this season.  
The bengals claim they got their guy in Jonah Williams lol a pick I loathed.  I wanted devin bush a linebacker but because it’s a massive need that’s obvious to anyone and because we can’t keep anything in house the Steelers leap frog right in front of us and grab Bush lol like Detroit did.  Just been a lack of emphasis like the oline for far too long.  Imo

You seriously wanted a Linebacker instead of a tackle when we were trotting Oggie out there, and called LB a position of need? What the heck was tackle, a postion with depth?
Reply/Quote
They have a lot of cap space

would like them to sign the WFT tackle and a really good veteran linebacker if one is available.

Signing the WFT lineman/more security for Burrow is a no brainer in my view.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 11:17 AM)bengals67 Wrote: They have a lot of cap space

would like them to sign the WFT tackle and a really good veteran linebacker if one is available.

Signing the WFT lineman/more security for Burrow is a no brainer in my view.

Isn't Moses rated about the same as Hart in Pass Protection?
Reply/Quote
Not gonna lie. I've lost 13 lb in the last month since i've been back on the big 3, heavy. Good thing is, it's 100% fat cause i am getting bigger. 

Wait, i am in the weightlifting/losing forum, right...   Nervous

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The Saints and Broncos also put in claims. He must have done something right for the Saints to want to have him back on their roster

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Nothing wrong with the signing especially since LB is an area that likely needs attention in the draft. Perhaps he turns into a valuable contributor to the team. If not, no harm done in at least looking over his game.
Reply/Quote
Really liked Bachie when I watched him at MSU. Nice addition. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2021, 06:17 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I was in disbelief myself. Thought we had reached our roster limit on Joes.

this is not as fun as when we were overrun with johnsons lol
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 12:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: this is not as fun as when we were overrun with johnsons lol

I still have my "3 Johnsons and a Big Willie" shirt.....
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 12:37 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I still have my "3 Johnsons and a Big Willie" shirt.....

rofl
Reply/Quote
We had pre-draft talks with him last year as well, so he's been (somewhat) on our radar for the past year.

Wilson
Pratt
ADG
Bailey
Evans
Bachie

Do we go 6? Not sure, especially if one of the DEs gets classified as a LB.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 11:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Isn't Moses rated about the same as Hart in Pass Protection?

I did not know that. If true I withdraw my suggestion.

Still should sign a better o lineman than our 4th or 5th best player and a vet LB.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 01:06 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I did not know that. If true I withdraw my suggestion.

Still should sign a better o lineman than our 4th or 5th best player and a vet LB.

still should have a vet QB as backup too 
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 01:17 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: still should have a vet QB as backup too 

No we shouldn't.

Burrow is probably the only QB to come out since Manning, that didn't need a veteran behind him and even Luck had Chandler Harnish, until they eventually signed Drew Stanton, who was in his 5th year.

Guess what year was Brandon Allen's, last year?

Exactly.

Don't need a vet, especially when you already have one.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 02:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No we shouldn't.

Burrow is probably the only QB to come out since Manning, that didn't need a veteran behind him and even Luck had Chandler Harnish, until they eventually signed Drew Stanton, who was in his 5th year.

Exactly.

a Vet with more than 2 wins?
Reply/Quote
Well, if you were concerned about our LBs like I was, this is a breath of fresh air. Now we just need to sign Flotsom Hardunkachud from San Diego Tech and have someone build a trophy case so we have more room for all the Lombardi's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 11:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Isn't Moses rated about the same as Hart in Pass Protection?

Nope.

Morgan Moses - 80.6 overall (70.8 pass, 85.9 run)
Bobby Hart - 66.3 overall (60.8 pass, 68.5 run)

The lowest pass blocking grade Moses has had on PFF since becoming a full-time starter is 66.1
He's had a 70+ in 2015, 2016, and 2020.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 02:42 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No we shouldn't.

Exactly.

Brandon Allen is trash, but this team likely isn't competing this year anyway, so no reason to spend extra money on a competent backup.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-27-2021, 05:52 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Nope.

Morgan Moses - 80.6 overall (70.8 pass, 85.9 run)
Bobby Hart - 66.3 overall (60.8 pass, 68.5 run)

The lowest pass blocking grade Moses has had on PFF since becoming a full-time starter is 66.1
He's had a 70+ in 2015, 2016, and 2020.

Bring in Morgan Moses.
Reply/Quote